TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chuck Woolery

The One and Only RAW 9/22 Thread!

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I didn't even know what Drozzed meant until just this moment that I stopped to think about it.

Not entirely unclever...but that is way harsh.

Guest Dmann2000

It looked like HHH was worried about his eye after the match, it seemed a little red to me. Unfortunetely (my opinion) if I'm correct he may lose sight in one eye

Guest Celtic Jobber

I hope Triple H had a career-ending injury, what comes around goes around goes around buddy! :cheers:

Bubba Ray on the other hand, is a great guy and a decent brawler; so I don't want him to be injured.

But I'm crossing my fingers that somebody botches a spot and Undertaker gets injured on SmackDown!. :headbang:

Guest snowfan
"It's not whether you win or lose......it's how you Maim the Game!" - Cactus Jack after Rumble '00

Funny quote under the circumstances.....

Maybe he an UT could rehab in matching chairs....

I-uh am-uh just-uh that-uh intense-uh.....

I WILL NOT REST IN PEACE...

at least UT would have more time to feed sara sugarcubes...

Guest snowfan
I didn't even know what Drozzed meant until just this moment that I stopped to think about it.

Not entirely unclever...but that is way harsh.

Yeah it was....

I would seriously settle for a non-paralyzing career ending injury.

Guest snowfan
It looked like HHH was worried about his eye after the match, it seemed a little red to me. Unfortunetely (my opinion) if I'm correct he may lose sight in one eye

I hope he does not lose an eye, but I am sure he'd look even more intense with a good patch...

Guest snowfan
Then HHH could adopt a Popeye gimmick

I-uh got-uh this way-uh just-uh from hard-uh work-uh and my greens-uh...

Then HHH could adopt a Popeye gimmick

If he does...I'll have Robin Williams, dressed as Popeye...come in and beat the living shit out of HHH...THEN Eat Spinach and do it 10 Fold!

Popeye is TOO DAMN GOOD to be anywhere chummy with HHH!

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Forgive me if I offend anyone while I laugh my ass off to the thought of HHH with an eye patch.

I know this is late, but I just realized it.

Someone complained about having to hear the RAW theme song twice because of the Union Underground concert, but if you remember RAW never had the formal intro tonight.

Guest Brian

Who's got the picture going? HHH with the eye patch, the hat, and the peg leg with RVD saying "Damn, Trips".

Guest cabbageboy

Jean Paul Lafitte? BWHAHAHAHAHA.

I dunno, overall this Raw was kinda there. I didn't even notice if Bubba was hurt or not since I was seeing if HHH was dead after that botched table spot. It reminded me of the Raven table spot against the Pitbulls chain match.

Note that RVD didn't do the wassup but kicked Flair's nuts instead. Later on he did a leg drop on HHH through the table and not the 5 star.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Well...from what I've read here it seems like RVD did as much as he could to not land on his injury...but when he did he sold it like it hurt.

Coming off of a promo where he said he had nothing left to lose...taking bumps on his injury to take a measure of revenge seems logical to me.

But I'm sure his detractors see otherwise.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Did anyone notice they brought back the tag ropes? The Ref made Kane grab on to his durring the tag match..

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Oh see, I didnt get the PPV, and I didnt remember seeing them on Smackdown..

Guest RedJed

Raw was obviously a really bad effort after whatever the hell that was on Sunday night. In a moment where most of the times the WWE actually comes through (the night after a pretty heavily panned ppv) they didn't tonight. In fact they didn't even come close.

First hour really drag on like no other. What was the point of Show v. Hardy anyway? Plus I can understand the point of building heat on Jamal, Rosie, and Bischoff, but is that the best idea they can come up with (a lousy promo segment with Booker/Eric, and two layout jobs of Goldust and Booker)?

And they wonder why this show keeps dropping in the ratings week after week?!! It had the complete feeling that it was booked just minutes before the show started. Well shit, I guess they've beat the Eric makes Raw WCW Nitro storyline by doing it for real.

Only real pluses of the show was the Dreamer-Harvard segment and the tag title match was ok, and I kinda like this Kane-Hurricane team. I think it's pretty lame to break up the core foundation of the CW division on Smackdown though. As for Orton showing up, woopdee-freakin-do. He's been stuck on Velocity for weeks now. He's looked good in matches (especially the one in Lesnar, his only Smackdown appearence recently) but I don't see the Raw writers doing nothing with him special at all.

The Flair stuff upsets me to a degree, because he's just playing complete second fiddle to HHH here. Imagine that, HHH plays out his fantasy and gets to have Flair be his whipping boy sidekick. Flair's WWF run after a few months has been completely sad, and it's getting worse here. He might as well just manage HHH fulltime and get it over with. Only near-positive here is it might look like they are not going to bother with an RVD-Flair feud as it was appearing. It's hard to say though, by next week the HHH effect might hit hard and RVD will not be acknowledged in the same breath as HHH, who knows. They sure weren't saying much that RVD might get a rematch at all. In fact it looks like they will go with Bubba-HHH first and foremost. ME match was sluggish and went nowhere. I was hoping Bubba legit hurt Hunter on that table miscue, damn.

Show didn't do much at all for me, and was an awful rebound from the ppv, but I expected it so it's not a surprise at least.

Guest bravesfan
so... would Hurricane and Kane be HurriKane?

HEYYY....that's my EWR tag team! HurriKane was my idea!!! :D

Guest AndrewTS

Sounds like the show was average, but thankfully they've fixed many of the grave errors they'd been making for week after week. Very little HHH, but just because Flair became HHH's manager doesn't mean he has to be completely emasculated and suck his cock just like so many others in WWE. Bah...and this would have been so much better if it happened when HHH didn't suck and/or when he was just starting to get pushed a couple years ago.

I don't get it at all...HHH already told us he was the best in the business, the greatest, the most hard-working--why would he need Flair then?

Guest Spaceman Spiff
Well...from what I've read here it seems like RVD did as much as he could to not land on his injury...but when he did he sold it like it hurt.

Coming off of a promo where he said he had nothing left to lose...taking bumps on his injury to take a measure of revenge seems logical to me.

But I'm sure his detractors see otherwise.

Eh, he still did his gymnastic stuff to set up his spots (i.e. the rolling and jumping flip for the Rolling Thunder, slingshot up into the Split-Legged Moonsault), only selling after hitting a move or walking.

An OK job of selling, but could have been better. I believe SK referred to it as "Test Selling".

(I'm not an RVD hater. I like him, but there are other guys I'll root for over him in a match - i.e. Jericho last week)

Guest RenegadeX28

This was one hell of a boring RAW. I fell asleep during the Booker T vs....who was it again? Then I woke up after the match when Booker T and Goldust were confronted by Eric.

I then fell asleep during the main event. C'mon! HHH/Flair vs RVD/Bubba!! That was a bad main event. I dreaded seeing it. I woke up again, after the bell rang, then all I saw was Bubba powerbombing HHH through the SIDE OF THE TABLE!?! What happened there? Maybe that was the part where Bubba injured his arm? Basically, I hated this RAW.

Guest chirs3

I would just like to say, for the record, that I marked out like a little bitch when Hurricane debuted, and even more like a little bitch when he won the Tag Titles with Kane.

I can't remember the last time I was actually cheering and yelling AT MY TV.

Raw gets a thumbs up from me.

Guest The Electrifyer

Raw was OK for me. Nothing that good and nothing that bad. The thing that surprised me was that HHH didn't take as much TV time as before. BookDust, though, were on almost every half hour... which I don't mind if it's only for one night.