Sign in to follow this  
Guest I'm That Damn Zzzzz

KaZaA Lite ver 2 released

From Zeropaid.com:

KaZaA Lite Version 2.0 Released

Kazaa Lite version 2.0 is now available

Features:

- Anti-virus plug in from BullGuard (disabled by default)

- Improved search functionality

- Kazaa is now skinnable

- Rating system for files

- Participation rating system: People who share/upload a lot get a higher priority in download queues

- Playlist functionality

- Ability to share playlists

- Altnet search results can be disabled (yet)

- No Adware

- No Spyware

- No Banners

- No Bitrate Limit on MP3 files

- No BDE Viewer

- No Bonzi Buddy

You can get it at http://www.zeropaid.com/kazaalite/

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

I saw that they had released the full version of it yesterday, so this is pretty quick for the lite version. I wouldnt download the full version though cause of all the crap that comes with it, and the fact that downloads on my slower connection are made even slower by all the ad crap.

Guest The Electrifyer
- Participation rating system: People who share/upload a lot get a higher priority in download queues

Thats a pretty cool idea.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

- Rating system for files

Those two are specifically added to combat the RIAAs announcement that they would possibly flood P2P networks with dummy files.

Guest EMAXSAUN

yeah kazaa regular rules

it gave my computer 104 viruses in about a month

fuck kazaa regular ill keep using my lite version

or ill just use winmx

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

The new lite version is pretty good, the added features make it worth upgrading to 2 from 1.6.1 like I was using.

Guest evenflowDDT

Bah, the new "get more depending on how much you share" option is crap. Since I only have a few videos and songs in my shared folder, I get "low" and thus always get slow downloads, yet everyone who leeches off of me gets the full high-speed glory that comes with an Ethernet. No justice at all...

Guest razazteca

the people at zeropaid has already found a way to bypass that, there is a hack that will rate you at a 1000.

right now I am going to stay with the old 1.7.2 lite because I could care less for the skins or rating system. And that I still have 5 videos that are incomplete and I don't want them to dissappear during the upgrade.

Guest razazteca

but I change the dl folder with the .dat files alot and forgot which one had the Kazaa one time and lost a file.

when I upgrade I will make a One and Only DL Folder :cheers: I am in no hurry to upgrade right now.

Guest DokDoyle

When you download Kazza, be very careful what you install with it. If you get new.net, your basically screwed.

It adds a small program to your pc that can (will) cause connection problems. No problem, it shows up in add/remove files, just get rid of it there right

Nope, it makes registry edits so no matter how many times you get rid of it, it comes back. the only way to get rid of it is to go in to the registry and get each and every edit out (good luck) or to reinstall your operating system after doing a full format on your hard drive

Guest evenflowDDT
the people at zeropaid has already found a way to bypass that, there is a hack that will rate you at a 1000.

Do you know what that hack is called raz? I mean I don't mind sharing, but having limited speeds like that because I don't "share enough" (I only share uncommon-"rare" stuff because there are a million users with like Britney Spears anyway) annoys me.

Do you know what that hack is called raz? I mean I don't mind sharing, but having limited speeds like that because I don't "share enough" (I only share uncommon-"rare" stuff because there are a million users with like Britney Spears anyway) annoys me.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rmaynard/kazhack.zip is the link that zeropaid listed if you want to try it. The original story is http://www.zeropaid.com/news/articles/auto...o/09252002f.php

Guest evenflowDDT

Bah, it says I have to join some other site's forum to get the download to work... God, even the HACK is a bitch to get. Stupid new version of KaZaA Lite...