TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest nikowwf

3 WWE Releases and Jeff Hardy going?

Guest nikowwf

WWE released Shawn Stasiak, Horace Hogan and Mike Awesome. Out of the three, only Awesome I cared about at any point, and last I saw him on Velocity he was barely able to move, so no great loss in my opinion.

Shocking 3 cuts were made and it wasn't anyone with potential. :cheers:

1Bob also has on the premium site something about Jeff Hardy's time with the WWE maybe nearing an end. Anyone know what this is about?

Niko

:angry:

Guest tominator89

I'd say the Jeff Hardy situation is pretty obvious. But in regards to the releases, I'm pleased. Horace had really no worth, Stasiak was entertaining in his comedic role but was otherwise worthless, Awesome was being jobbed out. Honestly, this is what I think the wrestling industry needs. WWE should unload, in my view, a DOZEN wrestlers off their full-tme roster. Let NWA or someone else pick them up. Look at the matches Awesome had in ECW, he'd be a nice pickup for another promotion. "The creative team had nothing" for Jerry Lynn, GOOD!, release him and let him showcase his talents elsewhere. I hope more cuts are on their way. In the case of Jeff Hardy, he's been running on fumes for some time now. I hope he can a much needed rest and maybe come back in a few months.

Guest Lord of The Curry

MOTHERFUCKERS!!! WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU RELEASE MIKE AWESOME??!!! ARGHHHHH!!!!! HE COULD KICK SPIKE DUDLEYS TEETH DOWN HIS FUCKIN THROAT!!! FUCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

Seriously, I'm expecting Awesome to show up in NWA-TNA anytime now....

Guest nikowwf

Mike Awesome is no great loss. He needs to be protected so much to get over. Look at ECW. The whole roster was used pretty much to put him over.

He's not going to be the #1 guy here, so hes not going to be able to get over. Plus his knees are shot.

Jerry Lynn was a good talent that they hated for some reason beyond me. Hes a different case than this.

Niko

Guest Lord of The Curry

niko- I agree about Lynn, that guy is a freakin' mystery why he was released. But I still don't get why they didn't utilize Awesomes full potential, that guy could easily have been bigger then Kane or Test is pushed right.

Guest BoboBrazil

Mike Awesome looked horrible in his last few matches on Velocity, Horace Hogan should have never been signed in the first place, and Stasiak was just another guy on the roster they never really did anything with. All of these are good releases. They need to make about 10 more cuts to guys like Mark Henry and Albert.

Guest Incandenza
Not tomention he's sloppy wrestler, who hasn't had a good match with Tanaka.

Don't you mean without Tanaka? I'd agree with that. Otherwise....

Guest Mikey2Dope
Seriously, I'm expecting Awesome to show up in NWA-TNA anytime now....

"I confirmed this afternoon that WWE has released Mike Awesome, Horace Hogan, and Shawn Stasiak. Each were given 90-day notices, which is standard operating procedure when WWE releases a talent. Apparently, several others have also or will be released but have yet to confirm any other names."

1Wrestling.com

Well with the 90-day release notices it'll be a little while before anyone shows up on TNA. Awesome was good but I don't think is any big loss. He needs a promotion like TNA where he'll seem like a bigger star. No big loss with Stasiak or Hogan and glad to see them gone. Stasiak had always sucked. Who else can you see being released?

Guest DJ Jeff

Out of Awesome, Stasiak, and Horace being released, I'd say I would miss Awesome the most. Even still, none of them are a big loss to the WWE, and hopefully, the NWA-TNA pick them up once they are gone. As for Jeff's WWE career ending, well, I could care less to be honest.

Guest Lord of The Curry

If TNA is any kind of smart they'll try and work out some kind of deal with Hayabusa's new promotion and bring Tanaka Stateside....the world needs Awesome vs Tanaka like Jericho needs a win over HHH.

I'd prefer Awesome in NWA-TNA as he's a lot more able to knock the stuffing out of young, indy-scum guys like Chris Harris and Red. Plus, they can give the man the microphone and show all the young kids in the back how you cut truly ~INTENSE~ promos.....

Guest the 1inch punch

Damn, I liked Planet Stasiak, and the guy was as funny as hell in his goofball role (running into things and such)

Absolute crap. Mike Awesome, if they WORKED WITH HIM, would have been just as big as the Poochietaker. I swear. It was his heat backstage with Heyman that got him released. ARGH!! Well, I think we know who Ron Killings is going to job the title to...

Guest Human Fly

I still don't understand how WWE couldn't find anything good to do with Awesome.. Some of you have said that he hasn't had a good match unless it was with Tanaka. If that is true it's still more good matches then Albert and Mark Henry Bull Buchanon have ever had yet they remains employed. I'd take Mike Awesome over Henry Bull, and Albert any day.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

If there's a wrestling god, Bull, Mark Henry, Rikishi, Albert, Jeff, & Big Show will be on the chopping block.

But, knowing the WWE, it will be talented people, instead.

Yeah, but that was because of the fact that X-Pac was unhappy and that Hall was drunk a lot.

Credible has done nothing that would get him fired, but he also hasn't done a thing at all.

Guest Quik

Seeing how it's a shit time, maybe they'll try to buy out Henry's contract and accept their loss.

Guest Human Fly

If Kliq politics haven't gotten him any kind of program in around a year I doubt they would save his job. Credible can't even crack Heat every week.

Guest papacita

I like Justin. I really didn't get into his ECW push until the end of his title reign, but he's an ok worker. He's one person that should've jumped to SmackDown before the contract freeze, because I'd like to see how he does in the Cruiserweight division and with some Heymanized booking.

As for the releases...never cared about Staziak or anything with the last name HOGAN...and I've never really given a shit about Awesome either. His ECW reign was very overrated, and I never really forgave him for trying to jump to WCW with the World Title. And I've hated Jeff Hardy for a while now, so he's no loss to me.