TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shaved Bear

best concert ever been to

Guest Shaved Bear

whats the best concert you guys have been to, I know what mine is hands down, Metallica, Slayer, and Sepultura all on one bill, sure as hell worth the $50

Guest Anteater

Well..

Avail, Ann Beretta, and Strike Anywhere was amazing.

And on sheer anticipation value (I'm going Monday)

Less Than Jake, Bad Religion, Hot Water Music

Guest redbaron51

There have been tons of concerts I went too and are great.

Metallica

Ozzy

Rob Zombie

Pantera

Judas Priest

King Crimson

Tool

Messuhgah

John Paul Jones

Tea Party

Hatebreed

Black Label Society

Cryptopsy

Dimmu Borgir

Rammstein

Guest KOR420

a few years back i went to a show called edgefest and paid 10 bucks for an all day event that ended with the bosstones,it ruled!

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Extreme Steel Tour.

Panter, Slayer, and Static-X all one one bill. 3 awesome bands that are even better live. God damn...

At a VERY close second...

WAAF Holiday Rage 2001 - Merry Mayhem

Ozzy Osbourne and Rob Zombie. Hands-down the best live shows in the world. Only reason it falls behind Pantera and Slayer is because Mudvayne was on the bill, and they suck.

Guest dreamer420

I've only been to one but it was pretty wicked.  Last Year I saw The Sticky Icky Tour featuring Snoop Dogg, Xzibit, The Eastsidaz, Kurupt, Daz, Bad Azz, and Tha Alcoholiks.  It was pretty fun and the arena we were wsa the biggest hotbox I've ever seen.

Guest Shaved Bear

Laz I went to Extreme Steel also

shit, having the two best moshing bands (Slayer, Pantera) as well as them being the craziest fans...wow i was tired by the time the night was over

still no metallica thoguh, live they are just incredible

Guest Crazy Dan

Some of my favorite concerts were:

Lollapolooza 2: Pearl Jam, Sound Garden, Ice Cube, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Ministry

Primus on New Year's

Pearl Jam

Skankin Pickle with The Voodoo Glow Skulls

Skankin Pickle with Cherry Poppin Daddies(this was way before Zoot Suit Riot

Metallica with Suicidal Tendencies, and Candlebox(they got unmericful booed throughout their performance, I think people were a little ticked that Alice in Chains bailed a mere few days

before the concert, but I thought Candlebox was good)\

Ministry with Sepultura and Helmet

Lollapolooza 3: with Alice in Chains, Arrested Developement, Primus, Rage Against the Machine

Guest Don Becker

November 2001: Living Colour w/ DJ Logic at Irving Plaza (two nights, both awesome, but for completely different reasons - first night was more laid back and emotional, since it was their first show in NYC since 9/11.  Second night was just intense and aggressive.)

September 1994: Ozric Tentacles at CMJ/Irving Plaza - went backstage and hung with the band afterwards.

July 2001: Roxy Music w/ Rufus Wainwright at The Theater at MSG - Bryan Ferry (as boring as Lester Bangs thought he was) is still the king of cool, and Phil Manzanera and Chris Spedding are as good a guitar tandem as any.

September 1997: five diferent Marillion concerts - my favorite band, mixing up the setlists every night, and I was on the guest list for the last of the five shows, in New Jersey.  Great bunch of guys; pity they can't afford to come back to the States.

Guest Brush with Greatness

Anything involving the Tragically Hip...

Specifically "Another Roadside Attraction" in 95 featuring Matthew Sweet, Blues Traveler, Spirit of the West and Ziggy Marley as the warmup acts.

Edgefest 98 was a good day wasted, considering the ticket was free.

The lineup looked something like this...

Green Day

Tea Party

Sloan

Foo Fighters

The Watchmen

Matthew Good Band

Creed

Econoline Crush

Bif Naked

Guest pochorenella

July 1997

New York City

Madison Square Garden

Kiss Alive Worldwide Reunion Tour

My life's dream come true

'Nuff said.

Guest saturnmark4life

Mad Caddies kicked ass at the Leeds 2001 fest. As did Reel big fish. I loved Frank Black and the Catholics in my hometown as well, the pixies covers didn't seem too lose anything, i thought his band deserved major credit for that. Plus the crowd absolutely loved them, I was amazed that many people knew their stuff. I would absolutely love to see rammstein, i can't believe i missed my chance when my Stein-obsessed friend went. Course, after viewing one of their live performances on tape, i pretty much became as obsessed as him. But not quite. I missed the Hives as well, which pissed me off. Ah well, my fault.

Guest converge241

The first touring Ozzfest (second overall)

Pantera

Type O

Fear Factory

Powerman

Machine Head

Coal Chamber

Nine Inch Nails/Marilyn Manson/Fem 2 Fem , May 11th 1994

Fear Factory/Electric Hellfire Club , Club Babyhead

on the Demanufacture tour, something about Fear factory, they were just so "on"

Type O Negative/Life of Agony  , Lupos

Dream pairing of two of my favorite artists

PJ Harvey/Tricky Avalon

Just a great show especially cause the played an advance copy of "The Bends" in between

Guest packwingfn

The best concerts Ive been too had to be

WBCN River Rave, May 2001 in Foxboro,Mass

They have it every year, and last years was absolutely amazing, its all-day practically, from Noon til Midnight, and where I was standing was great, in the Front, alittle left of the stage, just look at most of the bands that were there:

MAIN STAGE

American Hi-Fi

Coldplay

Dropkick Murphys

Lifehouse

Sevendust

Everlast

System of A Down

The Cult

Green Day

Live

The Black Crowes

Aerosmith

Marilyn Manson

SIDE STAGE

New Found Glory

Eve 6

Tantric

Stabbing Westward

I didnt end up seein anybody on the Side Stage as I didnt  want to lose my spot, specially for Green Day, as I am a Huge Fan of Green Day and they were so great, (my first time and so far only time seein them live) hopefully I can get tickets to the Pop Diaster Tour this summer.

Another great concert I went too had to be Family Values 2001,

Linkin Park was so damn good, Staind was good, but STP FN KICKED EVERYONES ass, very good concert overall, and went with a bunch of friends, and we had a blast!

Guest BottleRocket

My Top 20 (In No Particular Order):

--Rufus Wainwright w/ Teddy Thompson @ 9:30 Club (Washington, DC)

--Rocket From The Crypt w/ The (International) Noise Conspiracy, The Explosion @ Black Cat (Washington, DC)

--Beenie Man @ Metrostage (Columbus, OH)

--Hepcat w/ The Slackers, The Gadjits, BCRC @ Grog Shop (Cleveland Heights, OH)

--The Slackers w/ The Dismemberment Plan, The Evil Beat @ Kenyon College (Gambier, OH)

--Nashville Pussy w/ The Murder City Devils, Pure Rubbish @ Black Cat (Washington, DC)

--Fountains Of Wayne w/ Imperial Teen, Owlsley @ 9:30 Club (Washington, DC)

--The Apples In Stereo w/ Beulah @ Black Cat (Washington, DC)

--Wilco w/ Matthew Sweet @ Newport Music Hall (Columbus, OH)

--Beth Orton w/ Kelly Willis @ 9:30 Club (Washington, DC)

--Old 97's w/ The Honeydogs @ Recher Theatre (Towson, MD)

--The Ramones w/ The Pietasters, Gren @ Capital Ballroom (Washington, DC)

--Laurel Aitken w/ The New York Ska-Jazz Ensemble, The Checkered Cabs @ Phantasmagoria (Wheaton, MD)

--The Scofflaws w/ The Pietasters, The Instigators @ Bayou (Washington, DC)

--Mighty Mighty Bosstones w/ Hepcat, Sensefield @ Newport Music Hall (Columbus, OH)

--Superdrag w/ The Apples In Stereo, Tuscadero @ Agora Ballroom (Cleveland, OH)

--Dropkick Murphys w/ Anti-Flag, Beerzone, Blood For Blood @ Agora Ballroom (Cleveland, OH)

--Ani DiFranco @ Newport Music Hall (Columbus, OH)

--The Dismemberment Plan w/ Burning Airlines @ Black Cat (Washington, DC)

--The Articles w/ Easy Big Fella, The Robustos @ Phantasmagoria (Wheaton, MD)

Guest LowSparkOfHighHeeledBoys

Phil Lesh & Friends 7/21/01 - Hartford, CT - Bob weir guest spot during first set, second set was the sickest thing I've ever heard: Caution Jam>Dear Mr. Fantasy>St. Stephen>Eyes Of The World>St. Stephen>Help On The Way>Slipknot!>THe Eleven>Slipknot>Franklin's Tower

Gov't Mule and the Derek Trucks Band - 03/27/99 - Hartford, CT - two of the greatest slide guitarists the world has ever seen, and their respective bands kicked my ass all night, and the encore with them both out there was too much.

Max Creek - 5/15/98 - New Haven, CT - They started playing...and other than setbreak, they didnt stop...almost three hours on the dot worth of some of the best jams I'd ever heard.

Honorable Mention goes too:

Phish 6/30/00, 7/1/00 Hartford, CT

Soulive 8/3/01, 8/4/01 Hartford, CT (opening for DMB)

Allman Brothers Band 8/26/01 - Hartford, CT (1 year to the day of the death of Allen Woody.)

Ozzfest 2001 mainstage

Journey/Frampton - Hartford, 2001

Nugent/Deep Purple/Skynyrd - Hartford, 2001

and as much as I hate to say it,

Brian Wilson/Paul Simon - Hartford 2001

Those two can still go after all these years..the smallest crowd I'd seen at the venue ever, but it was one of the most enthusiastic, great bunch of people...and the show was killer.

Guest TUS_02

I have always been a fan of STP and since Sophomore year in High school, I promised myself I would see them... and 5 years later... I got the chance during the Rolling Rock tour in Latrobe.  It was very muddy... like Woodstock '99 muddy but it was amazing.  STP brought the (non existant) roof down.  Weiland is so full of energy, it's amazing.  Even better though was the fact that we saw them aagin 2.5 months later in Hartford, CT in the Family Values Tour.  

One band I really didn't like was Staind.  They were on both shows and Aaron Lewis just has NO energy... it kills their sets.  

Second on the list (barely) is Metallica.  I had ass-raping nosebleed seats, but it was still fucking amazing.  They did like 3 encores and I wished that they would just play forever.

Lasltly, 2 Skinnie J's put on a good show... I hate their music (with the exception of 2 songs) but they have funny/good shows.  And they're always around New Haven/Hartford all the time, so it's close by...