TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Special K

Wrestlers who aren't that great...

Guest saturnmark4life

hmm....let me think........that guy who does the suplexes and the elbow.....bald guy....

aside form him, jack \/ictory and big show come to mind. and D-Von.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Jake Roberts and Piper

Some wrestlers I get amusement from, but don't really like: Any incarnation of Fred Ottman, Berzerker, and Nikolai Volkoff.

Guest Redhawk

Ultimate Warrior takes this title, hands down. Warrior was HORRIBLE, looking back on it, but damn near everyone who was a kid back then loved him.

Guest Rob Edwards

I've always been a huge Piper mark even though he was hardly awesome in the ring, I used to mark for Scott Hall back in the mid 90s too

Guest tigerdrivah91

Im goin on tech ability

Zbarr, Abby, Pondo, Zandig, Teioh, Takaiwa but mainly Zbarr....He rules!!!!!!

I've always been an Alex Wright fan for some reason (actually its the techno theme music and the dancing). I always thought he had the skills to go far but always kept getting screwed over (Duggan and Roma can burn in hell)

Don't forgot Tokyo Magnum ( or Magnum Tokyo for the Puro guys). The Boogie Knights were one of my favourite things towards the end of WCW, cause i'm a Disco mark as well. I didn't know if I was going to put Alex Wright on this list cause I always thought he was a really good wrestler when he wanted to be.

But seriously has there every been better theme music for anyone. If I heard that in a club i'd be dancing.

Guest Special K

Magnum Tokyo's entrance is just about the most awesome thing ever. He has techno music with the words 'Tokyo...... GO!' being the only lyrics. His video includes male and female symbols copulating, and he dances down to the ring with a couple guys wwhile people throw money at him. Tokyo's pretty swank in the the ring, too.

Guest Special K

On a complete side note, does he only do comedy matches, like Stalker Ichikawa? Those matches are the only matches that have completely cracked me up. Besides marking for Tokyo's entrance, I think CIMA and Dragon Kid are really impressive. Gotta love the iconoclasm.

Guest Midnight Express83

My all time favs who were crappy:

Ole Anderson

Lex Luger

Only because of how big of a horsemen mark I am.

Guest Ravenbomb

I liked Wright as Berlyn better.

I'm only counting the ones with a lack of general talent, not just tech ability. Piper, when it came to brawling, or at least putting on a good match, wasn't too shabby, IMO.

On a complete side note, does he only do comedy matches, like Stalker Ichikawa?

I've seen him do normal matches and I thougt he was good in them.

Its more his look than anything, he just looks like a sleazy piece of shit, and I mark out for that.

Guest saturnmark4life

Is stalker Ichikawa that little Imp guy? i've seen one match from him and he was pretty funny. My jaw hit the floor when he came out though. I mean what the hell?

Guest Special K

Yes he is, and yeah, he's actually pretty funny. Best spot I've seen from him: get's some guy set up for the Rome®o special, starts pulling, pulling, and just can't get him turned over... CLIP... he finally just gives up

Guest Kibagami

Add Sabu to my list, now that I think about it. He blows spots like a motherfucker, he's scarred all over his chest, I saw him break his jaw against the Sandman and keep wrestling, and he's smark anathema.

Fuckin' right, Sabu owns you.

S.

Guest Special K

Sabu doesn't own me, but I'll be damned if he can't go crazy. He got WAy too spotty late on though.

Guest Just call me Dan

Taker and Kane (not together) Hall, Goldberg and Brock.

Not necessarily my favorites by any means, but I enjoy watching them and I ususally am pretty biased when it comes to bashing them. :headbang: *just had to use that smile, it rules*

Guest bravesfan

How has no one mentioned Stevie Ray yet?

The guy was devoid of in-ring talent, yet somehow got me marking out for him with the mic work, Thunder announcing job and the scoopthis.comB-Team skits.

Guest Slingshot Suplex

The Missing Link.......green face paint,f'n bizarre hair and two moves......the headbutt and the diving headbutt......

Guest The Hamburglar
I mark for Nash...Nash is lazy, knows it, likes it, and fucking rules on the mic. God bless Big Lazy.

S.

Truer words were never spoken. Nash is absolutely hilarious in the ring. Many's the time when it has appeared that he has actually gone to sleep in the process of bumping. Diesel-mabel is one of the all-time classics.

Guest deadbeater

Pedro Morales--he does only 2 wrestling moves a match, but he looks like he can take on the Iraqi army by himself.

Stevie Ray--a pretty good announcer. I got the "You got me baby" .wav file from ddt digest!!! For that alone he rules!

Jimmy Valiant--he defines being over. Hulk Hogan won't be as over if he were to fight him.

Mick Foley--not the best wrestler. But the best entertainer wrestling ever had, period. He can do comedy, he can do pathos, he can cut insightful promos after being thrown through the ring, and he makes us eat it all up. And it was all good. WWE should NOT have taken no for an answer when they offered him the head booker position. Wrestling in North America has suffered since.