TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DrTom

The One&Only DC/NC Gathering Thread!

Guest Cancer Marney

Might be worth it, though, Kinetic. Depending on how you're fucked.

Guest Kotzenjunge

My calls won't be long distance, and if I do make any that are, they'll be with a card of some kind. I can talk forever though. Unfortunate trend I got from my father.

I have yet to have a drunk phone conversation, but I'd probably be even worse then.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Cancer Marney

Um. <darts a guilty look at Tom> I, um, never call anyone when I'm drunk. No. Never.

Guest Kinetic
Might be worth it, though, Kinetic. Depending on how you're fucked.

This is an excellent point. There would have to be a lot of effort involved for me to pay for any long-distance calls, though. Do you know how much hotels charge for those? I could buy a Filipina wife roughly equivalent to Alina for that much.

Guest Cancer Marney

It's something ridiculous if you're in a 5 star, like $2.95 a minute or something. Overseas can be up to $7+ in some places. Bleh.

Guest Kotzenjunge

They make Filipino women that color and size? Hmm. Sounds worth the money, as long as I could avoid the marriage part.

I'm starting to think I'll be the shortest guy in the car, being only 5'11".

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Leena

If it's the week after Christmas, or somewhere in that vacation period, I might be able to bring someone along. She's not a bitch, and a lot cuter than I am, so you guys should have a blast.

Guest Incandenza
I'm starting to think I'll be the shortest guy in the car, being only 5'11".

I'm 6'0", so, yeah. How do you plan on driving the Manta from the backseat?

EDIT: 100th post. How long until I'm an established poster?

Guest Kinetic

Don't you think that going to meet a bunch of people from a wrestling message board on the Internet is going to be a pretty hard sell, Alina?

Guest Kotzenjunge

Wait, how long is this going to be? We have a vague idea when, but little else.

Just curious. Also, anyone wanna enlighten us on DC nightlife so I know where I'll have a chance to show off?

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Incandenza
Wait, how long is this going to be? We have a vague idea when, but little else.

I don't see our time in D.C. lasting more than a couple of days.

Guest Kotzenjunge

How will I drive from the backseat? Ha. Looks like you're in the back, bud. Hey, you'll get to ride in the front up to Raleigh, so don't feel bad.

I almost forgot, pack really light, because the car isn't much in the way of cargo space.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Kinetic

My current perception is just the weekend after Christmas. Probably arrive that Friday, if possible, and leave on Sunday.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

I couldnt tell you. Ive never been to DC at night. Im not so sure being in DC at night is really a good idea either, but whatever..

Guest Kotzenjunge

Yes, it'll be the weekend after Giving Day. I'll have extra Giving Day money to spend. Perfect timing.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

EDIT: Why do I find Marvin's sig so funny? I think it's the contrast between physical weenie white boy Andy Kaufman and LARGE IMPOSING BLACK FOOTBALL PLAYER... what's his name... one of those loser Bears...

Guest Incandenza

Yeah...I'll have to ask everyone who would give me a present to just give me money. I can't imagine wanting anything else, anyway.

Guest Leena
Don't you think that going to meet a bunch of people from a wrestling message board on the Internet is going to be a pretty hard sell, Alina?

No, because I regularly talk to Katie online, and we were planning to meet up again anyway. DC is only a 2 or 3 hour drive, and neither one of us have been there. I haven't told her about meeting you guys, and I probably won't either. :)

Guest Kotzenjunge

Yeah, best for someone like me to be a pleasant surprise.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Im starting to think my decision to miss this is a bad one, but theres probably little chance I could make it.

Guest Leena

Bah, scratch me bringing her along. She's already playing the "I might have to work" card, so I won't bother.

It looks like I'll have to take the trip alone, like my trip to the Open this year. Sadness.

Guest Kotzenjunge

I hope she approves of ALF joining you two.

Oddly, it seems like I'll be the only male there NOT trying to mack the one female.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Leena

A 3 hour 32 minute trip on my own (according to Yahoo's directions, so it's probably more like 2 1/2). I'm glad I got a radio in my car last week.

Guest Kotzenjunge

I'm just glad I have a CD player, period. I couldn't stand the radio in my old station wagon. Bastard kept shutting itself off or going to AM 530 for no reason other than to keep me from enjoying a good song.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Incandenza

Yahoo cannot entirely be trusted. I recall it saying it would take 16 hours from my town (Jacksonville, Fl.) to D.C., but a friend and I pulled it off in 12.5 last year.

Guest Leena

Mine has a CD player too. I can crank up NFG and Michelle Branch to annoy the hell out of everyone.

Guest Kinetic

I'll need to make sure that I bring my copy of My Aim is True on the trip with me. Not for any particular reason, mind you, but because having such a wonderful album that is not overrated in any way, shape, or form around just makes me feel better about myself.