TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ant_7000

Best R&B/Soul singers

Guest ant_7000

Im bored so just put this out there, since everybody like to dicuss rap alot so I thought to do something different. I'll give thoughts later.

Guest El Satanico
Is Marvin Gaye considered R&B?

Of course he'd be considered r&b. He's probably the most popular too.

However I'd probably pick Otis Redding.

"Otis loooves us"

Guest goodhelmet

otis and marvin both rule the fucking earth but i am also partial to al motherfucking green! if we are including groups, the temptations have some of the best soul songs ever recorded. if we wanna include the ladies, i'll take gladys knight and aretha anyday of the week!!!! classic r&b rules the fucking earth.

Guest Ripper

Stevie Wonder and R. Kelly are the best...hands down. And you know why? The old school R&B albums sucked ass to the 100th degree.

Don't get me wrong, they had great SINGLES. But every album would be one or two great songs and the rest would be trash. Marvin's greatest hits might rule the world but any single album is one hit and the rest miss. Same for Otis( and to be honest, he is probably my favorite artist of them all when he hangs to the Blues side of the R&B), and Al Green. They all have great material for compilations but they never put out really strong albums in my opinion.

Stevie Wonder and R. Kelly both put out great songs and great albums, therefore I would put them ahead.

Guest razazteca

James Brown had the best band

anybody and everybody from Motown with all of the singing groups.

Arthera Franklin

Marvin Gaye

Teddy Pentigrass

Barry White

John Lee Hooker, but he is more blues

Luthor Vandross

the O'Jays

Levert

Miracles

Earth Wind Fire

Kool & Gang

Cameo

Gladis Knight & the Pips

and so many other I can't remember right now

but Marvin Gaye's duets are probably my favorites

Guest godthedog
Stevie Wonder and R. Kelly are the best...hands down. And you know why? The old school R&B albums sucked ass to the 100th degree.

Marvin's greatest hits might rule the world but any single album is one hit and the rest miss.

Stevie Wonder and R. Kelly both put out great songs and great albums, therefore I would put them ahead.

you seem to be very alone in that opinion, as 'what's going on' is routinely voted one of the greatest albums of all time.

Guest Incandenza

Can't say I follow R&B closely, so I'll be dropping no old school singers here, but I really, really loved D'Angelo's Voodoo. Awesome stuff.