Jump to content

Kurt Angle's in ring skills.


Recommended Posts

Guest MrRant
Posted

I would go:

 

1. Eddie

2. Benoit

3. Angle

4. Rey

5. Tie Jericho (when motivated) & Regal ( in the right circumstance)

Guest RickyChosyu
Posted
Horribly dull, Ricky?? Isn't King's Road booking a little like the Edge-Angle match: slow start, warm middle, hot hot finish?

 

Angle didn't have to learn the moonsault or the off the top rope Olympic slam. But he did. He didn't have to learn how to whack people with chairs, or how to mess up royally (Brock doesn't bother to use chairs). But Angle does. Ricky, you want werstling, you got wrestling yet you still piss. Maybe Eric Bischoff is right, wrestling holds are boring. You seem to agree. Pss.

King's Road is not confined to any structure within a match. Often times they'll start off with a fast sequence to establish each man's tenacity and then slow it down in the middle, or sometimes they'll go with a slow build or just a whole lot of striking for the body of the match. Angle/Edge was a poorly done match accept for the finishing sequence. None of the moves in the opening or body of the match meant anything, they just did them to kill time before the false finishing sequences at the end. Edge worked in his personal spots, a dive, and then just brawled for the rest of the match. That's not a slow build, that's wasting time. This attention towards the false finishes and refusal to actually build a good match is one Kurt's flaws, which, I think, I already pointed out? Try reading the post, it helps.

 

And he didn't have to become a one-dimensional worker either. But he did. I fail to see what learning to do a moonsault or wack people with chairs says about one's ability to build a match. Do you have point with any of this, because it would seem that you're trying to say something, but I have no clue as to what that might be. Kurt is a better worker because he can screw up royally? Are you dense?

 

Yes, I get wrestling, and it's often mediocre wrestling. But gosh, I piss all the time. Like when I said Angle/Benoit was easilly the best match to happen in the WWE all year. That's all I do, piss piss piss.

 

Maybe you should stop trying to be a smart ass and figuer out what it is you're arguing about.

Guest Dale Newstead
Posted

I enjoy Angle's work, I didn't see the match with Edge, but everything else I've seen, I've enjoyed. Needless to say, that's grounds for someone to be a great worker.

 

I think the WWE's workrate has been up when it comes to the past few years. I mean the main events have been a bit crap this year but I mean otherwise, I don't have much ot complain about. When Angle wrestles a match and is in control, he slows down the pace, since he's a heel and just whales away on the guy thus wearing him down. Everything he does is with a purpose IMO and I enjoy how and when he delivers moves.

 

I would like to see a bunch of Japanese guys come in and preform the WWE "technical" style. Not everything has to be a set style, as long as moves are delivered nicely with a good flow (which Angle's matches have IMO) that's all that counts. Selling is something that I find is done well in most matches.

 

"most wrestling is mediocre", ha! well if that isn't a big dickhead comment, I don't know what is.

Guest RickyChosyu
Posted

You haven't seen the match, yet you have no problem saying "just enjoy the match." Beautiful.

 

The workrate has been pretty much on levle the last few years. The peak of the attitude era was filled with few good matches and in the past few years there have been more that delivered. It's better overall but most of the time, not that great. This year, especially, has been very medioce, if not downright bad. But it's been like that pretty much all over the world.

 

And Angle doesn't slow down the face, he just uses credible offense and knows how to bump well. That's not slowing down anything.

 

So not everything has to be a set style, but the no one in the WWE can work anything but their style? Yeah, ok. Not to mention that the style is centered almost completely on having a study flow that never changes pace, even if it kills all the realism. Selling is non existant. Angle can take three minutes of offense, and then just pop up and hit his overhead superplex with ease. That's bad selling. I'd just be repeating myself if I explained my view point on all this again.

 

If you're going to quote me, do it right, and in context. I said most WWE wrestling this year has been mediocre, and no matter how harsh you think that statement is, that's my opinion, and I stand by it. Aside from Angle/Benoit, I would be content never seeing any of the WWE matches from this year ever again.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...