Guest Anglesault Posted October 7, 2002 Report Posted October 7, 2002 although they tried to revitalize it with edge by making him fight with/for it in matches that were supposed to be great Pheww. I thought I was the only one who thought Test/Edge would tear the house down.
Guest Brian Posted October 7, 2002 Report Posted October 7, 2002 The last time it really meant anything was Rock, and even then it was still a prop to the DX vs. Nation feud.
Guest Kingpk Posted October 7, 2002 Report Posted October 7, 2002 Who was the last decent Intercontinental Champion? and NO it was not Edge. The Honky Tonk Man oh har har har. I'm actually (semi) serious. He (and by extension, the belt) did the impossible. It got the Ultimate Warrior over. Besides, he playes the PERFECT coward champ and people flocked to shows just for the chance that he would get his ass kicked, lose the title, and finally shut the hell up.
Guest godthedog Posted October 7, 2002 Report Posted October 7, 2002 so you're saying that bret hart & shawn michaels didn't do anything for the IC title.
Guest Kingpk Posted October 7, 2002 Report Posted October 7, 2002 Bret did, I guess. I don't know about Shawn, though.
Guest bps "The Truth" 21 Posted October 7, 2002 Report Posted October 7, 2002 Shawn did a lot for the IC title... like discredit it's existence by handing it over instead of jobbing.
Guest Zero_Cool Posted October 7, 2002 Report Posted October 7, 2002 Last Decent Champs: RVD and Eddy...Benoit only had it for a couple of weeks. Last Good Champs: Jericho had a good run going in 2001, but that was taken away by Triple H. Do you guys realize how many times the title has changed hands in the last year? Jericho Triple H Kane Albert Storm Edge Christian Edge Test? Edge? Regal RVD Eddy RVD Benoit RVD Jericho Kane? Wow. That's a lot. Of course, it's been this way for the last three years or so, but meh.
Guest godthedog Posted October 7, 2002 Report Posted October 7, 2002 Bret did, I guess. I don't know about Shawn, though. the ladder match alone upped the value of the IC title enormously. it was 2 guys fighting harder than they'd ever fought, & it was over the freaking intercontinental title. if bret had just won a regular match & not overcome a match with owen AND a knee injury, the IC champ would've come out of wrestlemania looking better than the world champ.
Guest bps "The Truth" 21 Posted October 7, 2002 Report Posted October 7, 2002 But...Shawn wasn't the champion for the first ladder match, which I assume you are talking about. Razor retained the real title that day. funnily, Razor won that when Shawn vacated his.
Guest godthedog Posted October 7, 2002 Report Posted October 7, 2002 but i'm not going to credit razor for that match, since it wouldn't have happened if it weren't for shawn. even though he didn't actually win the title, his fighting so hard FOR the title made it more valuable.
Guest bps "The Truth" 21 Posted October 7, 2002 Report Posted October 7, 2002 I understand that...but it has nothing to do with his being IC champion, or any of his reigns.
Guest Mad Dog Posted October 7, 2002 Report Posted October 7, 2002 I'd have to say Benoit's first run with the belt in 2000 was pretty good. He defended it a ton and it really helped elevate him.
Guest alfdogg Posted October 7, 2002 Report Posted October 7, 2002 How sad is this. Kane will be the last IC champion. That's worse that Jeff Hardy being the last Euro champ. No it's not
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now