Guest evilhomer Posted October 7, 2002 Report Posted October 7, 2002 Staying in kayfabe mode, and ignoring the real reason, why does Taker have a broken hand? The obvious answer of course is because he had a fucking propane tank smashed on it, but what is the storyline purpose? They have a wrestler with a very limited moveset and they do something to take away 90% of his offence. Also since it's hell in a cell, there's going to be the inevitable climb to the top, which will be even more comical than usual as Taker fumbles with the awkward cast. I'm sure they learned from the disaster that was Unforgiven that they must have a decisive ending, and based on Taker's legit injury, the victor has to be Brock. So they have a choice of giving Brock a hard fought clean win, or protecting that young up and coming blue chip prospect who has so many years ahead of him - Taker, by giving him an excuse for the loss. Way to build up the next big thing.
Guest notJames Posted October 7, 2002 Report Posted October 7, 2002 by giving him an excuse for the loss... You just answered your own question. Of course Taker doesn't want to job cleanly. When was the last time he did that, which served to elevate someone? Hell, when was the "first"? I think I'm still waiting for that one...
Guest Goodear Posted October 7, 2002 Report Posted October 7, 2002 by giving him an excuse for the loss... You just answered your own question. Of course Taker doesn't want to job cleanly. When was the last time he did that, which served to elevate someone? Hell, when was the "first"? I think I'm still waiting for that one... I think you'd have to go allllll the way back to the Mankind feud.
Guest evilhomer Posted October 7, 2002 Report Posted October 7, 2002 My point exactly, he's injured, he's got to take some time off. Why not let the new monster give him that time off from a legitimate beating, not using a weapon and hitting from behind?
Guest Spaceman Spiff Posted October 7, 2002 Report Posted October 7, 2002 Because that would make Brock look good and Taker look bad. We wouldn't want to make Taker unhappy, would we? </sarcasm>
Guest Youth N Asia Posted October 7, 2002 Report Posted October 7, 2002 Brock: "So, I'm going over at the ppv, huh?" Taker: "..." Brock: "I had some ideas..." Taker: "Few weeks before the show you jump me from behind like a coward and you break my hand." Brock: "That sounds real good, I can get my heat..." Taker: *cutting in* "Then the next week you jump me from behind like a chicken shit and break my other hand." Brock: "Other hand?..." Taker: "Then the week before the show to show what a bad ass I am I show up at Smackdown and beat you up with my two broken hands...then every heel in the company pulls me off of you so you have time to 'break my neck' like Hogan and Zeus." Brock: "Who's Zeu..." Taker: "And then at the pay per view with me and my broken hands and neck I'll put ya over kid...it's the kind of thing the older guys like me do for the youngblood." *walks away* Brock: "Paul, who's Zeus?" ------------------------------------------------------- I hate when they run angles like this... I got so bitter for KOTR 2000 cause right from the beginning they injured Rikishi in every match just so he had an excuse to lose to Angle in the finals.
Guest HartFan86 Posted October 7, 2002 Report Posted October 7, 2002 If Brock has to win via 12 guys and the urn getting opened at No Mercy, I'll seriously stop watching WWE for a while.
Guest snowfan Posted October 7, 2002 Report Posted October 7, 2002 So they have a choice of giving Brock a hard fought clean win, or protecting that young up and coming blue chip prospect who has so many years ahead of him - Taker, by giving him an excuse for the loss. Way to build up the next big thing. Awesome lines.... I think that that youngster Mark Calloway will get the run from that old Pro Lesnar and be a future star...
Guest Brian Posted October 7, 2002 Report Posted October 7, 2002 The Rikishi thing is fine because it made sense, even though I was hoping his foot would collapse on the banzai drop.
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now