TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest kkktookmybabyaway

91 cats, 1 dog removed from wacko house

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

Here's what I don't understand. Whenever one of these stories pop up, the animals are usually destroyed. How come we can't put down the person who was responsible for the entire mess? Thank God PAWS came into the picture (I got my oldest cat from them, and this is one of the few, if only, charity I will donate my time and $$ to -- screw the human race, I gave up on them LONG time ago)...

http://www.local6.com/orlpn/news/stories/n...010-121014.html

FORT WALTON BEACH, Fla. -- An 8-year-old girl, 91 cats and one old dog have been removed from a home where they had been living in filth with the child's parents, who were charged with child neglect, authorities say.

Police and Panhandle Animal Welfare Society officials said the home of Milan and Cynthia Jurkovic, who were arrested Wednesday and remained jailed Thursday, was covered in cat feces and reeked of urine.

Officers and PAWS workers wore ventilation masks to enter the home.

"But I could still smell it, and my eyes were burning from the ammonia (of the urine),'' said police detective Tim Sheldon.

The cats were well fed but all 91 shared only four litter boxes, said PAWS Executive Director Dee Thompson.

The cats had overrun and all but destroyed three of the four bedrooms, Sheldon said. He said the girl, now in the care of other family members, apparently slept in the living room or with her parents.

Police and the Florida the Department of Children and Families first responded to a complaint about the home several weeks ago and stopped by again Tuesday, Sheldon said.

The child welfare agency left a note demanding to be allowed to inspect the home. Cynthia Jurkovic called Wednesday and gave permission for a visit, Sheldon said.

PAWS took the cats. Thompson said she will try to place many in new homes. Some are very wild but others "have the best personalities you can imagine,'' she said.

The old dog was seriously ill and had to be euthanized, Thompson said.

The Jurkovics gave no explanation for why they had kept so many cats, Sheldon said.

Records at the Okaloosa County Jail in Crestview did not indicate whether they had a lawyer and the public defender's office does not comment on pending cases.

Cynthia Jurkovic was a member of the Fellowship of Isis, an international organization "dedicated to honoring the religion of the Goddess,'' according to the group's Web site. She also ran a business, Spiral Goddess Creations, that sold ritual ware and was listed in a directory of pagan businesses.

Guest Jobber of the Week
"But I could still smell it, and my eyes were burning from the ammonia (of the urine),'' said police detective Tim Sheldon.

The cats were well fed but all 91 shared only four litter boxes, said PAWS Executive Director Dee Thompson.

What the hell is wrong with people?

:bonk:

Guest Youth N Asia
91 cats, 1 dog removed from wacko house,

Lotta pussies at that place...

Could you not have gone for the most obvious pun...heh

No sane person would have 91 cats...pretty much that's what it boils down to...anyone with more then 3 has problems.

Don't get me wrong, cats kick ass...but why have more then you can watch after...and how could someone who's not crazy subject a child to living with that

Guest J*ingus

I have 2, and the smell in the catbox room gets pretty strong at times. I can't even imagine the staggering odor of 91. You must've literally been able to smell that house all the way down the block.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

I have three, and the urine from the one can get rank. I switched to clumping litter -- a bit more expensive, but it's longer lasting so there's no real trade-off $-wise, and the stink isn't nearly as bad as it was before...

Guest Samurai_Goat

I think it's sad about the old dog. Perhaps if those punks hadn't gotten 91 cats, the dog may not have been sick. And only four litter boxes? That's animal cruelty. These parents should suffer Serious Jail Time, in my opinion.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

How about having them share one cell, and one toliet, with 91 inmates...

Guest HBK16

My neighbors have over 30 cats and the only ones who live there is a 19 year old and a 17 year old girl. There mom lives in another house. We have called the cops on them several times because their cats are always coming to our house all injured and sick but the cops never do anything. Its quite sad.

Guest MrRant

Call the human society... they will get something done. Or if you want their house burned down you can call PETA.

Guest HBK16

We have atleats 4 times. The last time we called them was a week ago. A cat with a broken leg was hiding behind our shed for a whole night. They came and took it away.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

That's a shame. All those animals will proably be put down, too. Grrrr...

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I can't imagine living with 91 cats. I bet that carpet was so disgusting, and the whole house had to be a pit of disease. It should be burned down.

Guest RevEvil

I live with four cats [and a few others from the neighborhood that visit occaisionally] and sometimes I can't stand it.