TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Spaceman Spiff

Animal Crossing

Guest Spaceman Spiff

If so, I'm looking to acquire space-themed wallpaper, carpet, or items/furniture.

If anybody can help me out, either post here or PM me.

Guest Mattdotcom

Damn, Spiff! I just took the game back, but I saw a Spacesuit Sam statue in Nook's store...sorry, man.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Don't worry, I'm getting a spaceman in a trade w/ someone else.

Mini-review:

The game has no ultimate goal. Basically, you are this weird looking guy/girl who moves into a town full of talking animals. When you first move in, you get a house and a job (which ends after a few days). You pretty much pass the time by fishing, catching bugs, running errands for the townsfolk, digging stuff up. You can buy different furniture, carpets, wallpaper, and items from the store in order to decorate your house how you see fit. You get money by selling the fish you catch, or any items/furniture/fossils/fruit you can find. The game progresses in real time, so when it is 10/22/02 at 7:03 PM in real life, it's the same in the game (you can change the time before loading up the game each time).

If friends have the game, you can get their save card and "travel" to their town & interact with it (i.e. talk to his townspeople, buy/sell stuff at their store). You can also trade w/ anybody else anywhere who has the game via a password system.

If you're into action games, you probably won't be into this game. If you liked "The Sims", chances are you'll like Animal Crossing.

One other cool thing: you can collect vintage NES games. Once you get one, you can actually play it in all it's 8-bit glory. Games like Donkey Kong, Excite Bike, Punch-Out. I think there's like 16 games total you can get.

Go to Nintendo's site (www.nintendo.com) and check out the Animal Crossing site.

It's a relaxing game, but you pretty much have to play every day. I usually try to get in ~1 hour each night, usually right before I go to bed.

Guest TheArchiteck

Cool, so no two towns are alike?

Sounds like my type of game, no goal but just everyday things to play around with enjoy.

Guest Mattdotcom

What's really creepy is, in the five days I had it, it rained twice in real life. On those two days, it also rained on my game...

Guest RenegadeX28

The game is pretty good. I play it at least once every day, so I won't fall behind. A must have if you liked games like The Sims and Harvest Moon.

Guest Spaceman Spiff
Cool, so no two towns are alike?

Sounds like my type of game, no goal but just everyday things to play around with enjoy.

I think each town's geography is the same, but different "people" inhabit each town. Also, each town has a default fruit tree, but you can get fruit from other people/towns, and plant them in yours. The benefit to that is, the default fruit sells for like 50 bells (bells is the currency), while the other fruit sells for 500.

Also, you start out w/ ~5 other people in the town, but as you go along other people move in and move out.

Guest KANE

Every time you or someone else starts a game of Animal Crossing, the town is regenerated, so no two towns are geographically alike.

You CAN mess with the clock and calendar to get things, but be warned that you can irreparably mess up your game by doing so (my friend wanted to partake in the raffle at the end of September, but missed the actual raffle in real time, so he had to turn back the calendar to get his prize...only the raffle was for something different, and his tickets were useless).

This is a game that is definitely on my "to get" list.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

When I mess w/ the clock, it's only for the same day. I never go back to a previous day.