A belt needs to go

24 members have voted

1. 1. A belt needs to go

• Hardcore
    • European
    • Woman's
    • Lightweight

Guest goodhelmet

I personally hope I never see another match for the Hardcore title again. The belt is DONE

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I vote for the womens.

I'd imagine that when the split happens...they'll split the belts as well.

So there won't appear to be so many.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

The Women's, LHW, AND Hardcore title all need to go. They just don't have any special distinction since the WWF will never be serious about pushing the division anyways.

The Women's title isn't needed because there are a grand total of FOUR credible workers for the division. The rest of the women(including Trish) are just T&A for the horny rubes.

The LHW belt was never going to be a seriously contended belt in the first place, so it can just be thrown out tomorrow and no one would give a damn.

The Hardcore Title is just trash now. All the credible champs(Foley, Road Mutt, RVD) have all moved on and now all that's left are just jobbers. Get rid of this damn thing NOW!

Guest goodhelmet

"The LHW belt was never going to be a seriously contended belt in the first place, so it can just be thrown out tomorrow and no one would give a damn."

I would care. If they did that i would be Always Pissed Off. Just knowing it's there gives me hope that Vince will retire and the next guy running the show will realize how great the cruisers are.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

I love light heavyweights, but if they're not planning on pushing the division soon, then I say get rid of the title.

Guest TheDames7
The LHW belt was never going to be a seriously contended belt in the first place, so it can just be thrown out tomorrow and no one would give a damn.

The Hardcore Title is just trash now. All the credible champs(Foley, Road Mutt, RVD) have all moved on and now all that's left are just jobbers. Get rid of this damn thing NOW!

X-pac said in a WWF.com interview that when he comes back, the LHW title will no longer be recognized by the WWF.  

I find it so funny that Road Dogg is trashed on the net, yet is praised for being one of the best, if not THE best Hardcore champion ever.  

Dames

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
"The LHW belt was never going to be a seriously contended belt in the first place, so it can just be thrown out tomorrow and no one would give a damn."

I would care. If they did that i would be Always Pissed Off. Just knowing it's there gives me hope that Vince will retire and the next guy running the show will realize how great the cruisers are.

I understand, man. I had hope for it, too, but JR's blatant lies and hypocrisy just killed all hope dead for me.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Who said he's the best Hardcore champion?

RVD was a great one.

Rhyno was a great one.

Raven was good.

Crash was the funniest.

Even Blackman was better IMO.

Guest goodhelmet

"I find it so funny that Road Dogg is trashed on the net, yet is praised for being one of the best, if not THE best Hardcore champion ever."

I've certainly never called him the best anything. Hell, he definitely isn't the best Armstrong! How sad is it that he received fame and ahuge push in the WWF while Brad was a JTTS for so many years in WCW.

Guest Tony149

I would say get rid of the Hardcore, Women's, European & Crusierweight titles. Before you say "What about the cruiserweights?" I think the WWF should use the TV Title (WCW has 3 different TV titles. Bring 1 back) for the crusierweights. So they can mix it up with the heavyweights who can go ie. Storm, RVD, etc.

Guest Army Eye

I wouldn't mind if they ALL disappeared, but IMO the most useless one of all is the Eurotrash title.  Put it out of its misery.

How many times has DDP been on TV and nobody even mentions that he's the European champion?  Not to mention that DDP never has the belt.  

I think a case can at least be made for keeping each of the other three.  But the European title is doing nothing.

Guest goodhelmet

i voted for the ghardcore title because i have no use for the wwf hardcore matches anymore but i see your point Army Eye.

Sad thing is the Euro belt should've never existed in the first place. it was just a vanity belt for bulldog that hbk took and devalued more than anyone else ever could.

Guest Rabies

1. Hardcore: It was meant as a joke to Foley in the first place and I am amazed the Fed has pushed this shitty and disgraceful gimmick for the past 3 1/2 years! This title should drop off the face of the Earth and never mentioned again.

2. Women's: A title that has no meaning but for a little T&A on TV. I don't mind having women's matches, but having a title like this takes attention away from the other midcard belts (IC, Euro, TT)

3. Light Heavyweight/Cruiserweight: If the Fed aren't serious about pushing this division, why even have a title? Like the women's title, it takes attention away from the other midcard straps.

4. European: The one title that doesn't enough TV time. If booked and treated right, it could become equilivant to WCW's/NWA's Television Title.

There should only be the World, IC, Euro, Tag Team titles in existance. All the others are pointless bullshit.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

The problem isn't the belts it is how they are used:

Cruiserweight:  How many cruisers are there?  2?

Woman's:  They have to decide if they are featuring it or not...I don't want to see a match pop up on Raw when I haven't seen the belt in 3 weeks.  If they ARE going to push it...they need more women wrestlers.

Tag Team:  They don't have any tag teams anymore.

Hardcore:  Maven?  They've done a ood job killing the rub RVD gave the belt.  You have like 6 ECW guys off tv right now...So they HAVE a division for it...but Goldust is the champion?

Now more important belts:

World- Should be used for the cream of the crop Main Eventers

IC_ Should be used for the top of the midcard...guys who are being groomed for the Main Event (something I never see Regal doing)

Europeans- Should be used for the rest of the midcard.  DDP is wasted as champion...so is Christian for that matter.  Euro title screams for a Mike Sanders-Hurricane feud.  Use the belt to see who you can elavate to the IC belt.

A guy like Test ruins this whole system.

Test won the Hardcore title...but is not hardcore.

Test won the Euro title...that was a good move.

BUT

Test won the IC title...even though he wasn't over or talented enough to warrant it (see:  Albert)

Test won a Tag team title...but not in T&A...in a makeshift tandem.

This isn't a pick on Test post...it's a pick on the Bookers post.

Guys shouldn't flop all around...that makes all the belts meaningless.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

I said that Road Mutt was a good Hardcore champ because some of his matches for that title(like with Al Snow) were some pretty good garbagey brawls. It's just that once he sets foot in the ring for actual wrestling that I bash him about because he's about as untalented as they come. Same can be said for Blackman as he sucked like almost no other in the ring and had the charisma of a drop of piss to boot.

Guest goodhelmet

"Same can be said for Blackman as he sucked like almost no other in the ring and had the charisma of a drop of piss to boot. "

I liked Blackman and found his hardcore matches entertaining. Then again I'm a mark for martial arts and even martial arts parodies.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Bps, I agree. Test never should have been the IC champion or even in a feud for that title til the bookers actually settled down and gave him a good character and book him(or any other midcarder) consistantly enough to warrent something like that.

Just throwing titles on guys like that(Regal especially) just kills them in the long run and makes the fans not give  ashit about the belt AND the guys holding it.

Guest goodhelmet

look at some of the greats who held the IC belt and used it as a step up. Savage-HBK-Bret-Austin-Rock-Angle-Jericho, etc.

Putting the belt on guys that noone gives a shit about is preventing the mobility that so many others have used the belt for.

(great, new idea for a topic)

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

That's why I advocate using the Euro title as a stepping stone.

It's like a test (no pun).

Hurricane was very over with the belt.

He should have held it longer...see if it held up...and if it did...pushed into an IC title feud.

Test was not over with the Euro belt...but he got the IC belt anyway.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

I thought Test did okay with the Euro belt, but he never had any coherent feuds up until he lost the title to Eddy at WM last year.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Like I said...Test as Euro champ was a good idea.

I don't feel that he has graduated from that point yet though.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Yeah. They should have given him some time to develop instead of turning him into another jobber and then pulling the 'shock' heel turn by joining the Alliance.

Hell, Eddy/Test was a pretty good match til the stupid ass run-ins and the huge blunder on the ropes. Probably would have been a bitchin feud, too.

Guest Mole

I'd say get rid of the Women's title. No one really cares about the title, and women's wrestling just plain old sucks. But  I think Vince has something for women's wrestling because he has kept it around for the past three years.

They aren't going to get rid of the Cruiser/LightHeavy Weight belt. Once the split happens, they are going to push the division in Flair's promotion. I really hope they do this, that would kick ass.

Guest dreamer420

Why not lose all of those titles.  Keep the WWF, IC, and Tag titles.  Maybe toss in a Cruiserweight title and that should be it.

Guest El Luchadore Magnifico

Definitely the Women's Title. They keep trying to push it as a valuable Title, but there isn't a decent wrestler (Mighty Molly is an exception) in the whole divison! And there's no chance of any of them getting over, except for Lita, because all the crowd cares about is T&A. It's sickening.

Something can still be made out of the Hardcore, European, and LHW Titles. If it's true that Flair's league will feature a Cruiserwight divison, then they definitely should hold onto that title. DDP could do A LOT with the European Championship if they'd let him defend it once a week. And if you put the Hardcore Title back on an actual Hardcore Wrestler (imagine that!) I guarantee you that it will produce some great matches.

But if they don't do any of that, that's cool. But then again, everything's cool when you're E-L-M!

:D

Guest oldschoolwrestling

Why have a Euro title when you hardly ever go to Europe?  I think it would be cool to have a Canadian Title, at least they travel there often enough and there seems to be a US/Canada feud ever since Bret and thanks to Scott Keith always bringing it up.

Imagine how pissed Canadians would be if an American was holding their title.

Guest netslob

you should really just add an "All the Above" choice to this poll, all those belts are useless.

Guest mastermind

The discussion here was the point I wanted to get across in the poll of champions post. Molly Holly(ELM coincident?) surprisingly is the only person on the roster not to have won a title for the wwf. This is just grossly STUPID!

The titles are just passing around the midcard and no one is getting elevated by being a champion. The Test theory is correct. He is hardcore champ and he isn't hardcore. He becomes I-C champion back to tag champion. The whole midcard and lower card is a mess. At least the world title has some kind of elevation and importance. You see when Jericho won the belt it showed he climbed his way up the ladder. Defeating Rock and Austin for the undisputed title shows some kind of progression. Before that he won the wcw title which is second in command to the wwf title because it was a world title. Before that Jericho was main eventing for the wwf title. Before that he was I-C Champion. The best example is also Angle who moved all the way up because he won each title in progression. The Euro title, the I-C title, the WWF title. There is an illusion that he moved up to the main eventers even if some say he is getting buried or phased out. He still can make it seem like he is a top player in the "sport". The other titles don't have this.

I mean look at Edge. He won the KOR and then won the I-C title. Does it REALLY look like he moved up the ladder? It just seems he is still in the same spot. There is no illusion of moving up the ladder to reach the top dogs like Triple H or even Kurt Angle. This has nothing to do with a glass ceiling. Why? There doesn't seem like to be a ladder to REACH the glass ceiling. I talked about Jericho as I-C Champion. He lost to Triple H. Trips losing the title to Kane so quick did nothing for the title because it was only for the two man power trip storyline. Kane a former wwf champion holding the I-C title shouldn't be losing the title so quickly to a loser like Albert.

The wwf is just reshuffling the midcard by making all the damn titles mean nothing. Regal still seems like the boring wrestler(who also looks like a cripple who gives soft arm shots) with only mic skills. He doesn't in no way look like he is the #1 contender to the world title. What happened to those days? The wwf is treating these titles horribly.

Now if the wwf tries to do the progression I talked about that Kurt Angle got(he was an exception because I feel if he did it slower he might be taken more seriously now as a top contender) it can't. All the damn roster has won titles. Remember when the wwf would milk the storyline that Austin waited 8 years or something to become wwf champion? How about when HBK waited for about a year to get his first I-C title match? This kills storyline advancement and character motivation for the wrestlers. DDP is a former world champion and is Euro champion. He should be elevating that title, but it just makes him look like a jobber with a worthless title.

Booker T is another person. At least the wwf can work with him since he never won any singles titles yet. They can build him back up slowly and actually elevate the minor titles since he is a former world champion(they CAN mention wcw can't they?). Some would say what's the point, but what was the point of the wwf saying Flair is a former 14 or 16 time champion when the NWA and WCW are basically dead? Fans remember there was once more to wrestling than the wwf.