TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Banky

Question for TNA fans

Guest Banky

Here's my question, do they majority of you truly think the TNA promotion is THAT good, or are you just picking any wrestling program that isn't the WWE? I know many are looking for an alternative for the crap the WWE books, but honestly, is the TNA that much better? Aside from SOME of the X-division guys, their shows are pretty lacklustre. And even when Lynn, Styles, Low Ki, and Daniels bust it in the ring, they still can't hold a candle to Benoit, Angle, and Guerrero's work. I am just wondering if you people feel the storylines are honestly better, if the workers (for the most part) are that much better? I don't mean to be sassy, I am just curious.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

TNA doesn't give me the headache that WWE programming does.

When I watch WWE I think: Look at all that talent being misused. I can't beleive HHH and Taker are at the top still.

When I watch TNA I get to see new indy wrestlers all the time, which I like for diversity's sake.

Plus...I'm a big mark of many of the guys in TNA: Jimmy Yang, AJ, Lynn, Low Ki, Ron Killings, JJ...

I just got tired of turning on WWE all the time to see RVD doing nothing, while I can turn on TNA and see AJ and Lynn doing something.

Guest Banky

But does say Smackdown compare to the TNA show? Lately they've had some steller shows, and allowed their extremely talented stars to strut their stuff. Mysterio, Los Guerreros, Benoit, Angle, and even Edge are all being given decent pushes - and aside from Edge, these guys are better than anyone in the TNA.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Smackdowns one or two matches they give time a week are the two best matches in the US on tv that week.

That's a fact.

But it's still not going to lead anywhere that pleases me as a fan.

I'll watch all the good free matches they give me...but I'm not going to pay to see HHH and Kane or Brock and Taker.

I enjoy watching the small company try stuff out, and as long as they are around I'll be on their bandwagon.

And sometimes they put out some really good matches too.

Guest Banky

Yes, I see your point that you'd rather spend your cash on the TNA PPV's than the WWE's UT/Triple H lovefests. I didn't get Unforgiven, and I probably won't get No Mercy because of the said lovefests.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I haven't forgotten who the best wrestlers in the US are.

But the WWE has robbed me of the sense of the spirit of competition.

If Benoit and Eddy go out and have 10 ***** matches in a row...and get more over than everyone else on the roster...will they be rewarded with a serious push?

How sad is it that the answer is at best "probably".

Guest CoreyLazarus416

TNA: New stars get pushed, old stars get a second chance, and the bookers actually listen to the fans.

WWE: Old stars get pushed, new stars get promised a push but don't get one unless their bodies resemble a huge ape, and the bookers don't listen to a damn word the fans say.

That pretty much sums up why I'm a TNA Mark.

Guest eirejmcmahon

Three cheers for the NWATNA booking team - who promised, and failed to deliver, a blow-off to the Lynn/Styles feud two weeks in a row.

Three cheers for the NWATNA booking team - who gave X-Pac the X-title for a minute's work.

Three cheers for the NWATNA booking team - who devoted a bulk of PPV time to building a Jarrett/Lawler feud only to dump it at the last second and make the pair team-mates.

Guest The Hamburglar
Mysterio, Los Guerreros, Benoit, Angle, and even Edge are all being given decent pushes - and aside from Edge, these guys are better than anyone in the TNA.

Enlighten me - who in TNA is actually a better wrestler than Edge? I can see how people would find someone like Low Ki more entertaining, but Edge does actually, you know, sell moves for more than a minute. Lynn is probably better than Edge, but for some reason I can't stand Lynn - his character bores me in the same way that Edge's character annoys many others. Hell, it annoyed me before he started having great matches on a fairly regular basis.

Guest pete

I follow NWA-TNA because of a few of some of the guys over there. I enjoy watching Lynn,Styles, Low-Ki alot. I enjoy seeing people like Red with his highspots. Jimmy Yang is developeing into an incredible worker.You get a chance to see Ricky Steamboat in a role that is suited for him(not anymore

). Instead of main eventing like Flair. Flair should be used as a babyface on air commisioner role wrestling on occasion. The good workers do get time for their matches. Some of the old school angles are just awesome. The way the heel beatsdown the babyface is great. The babyface gets his revenge later, not immediately after said beatdown. TNA offers a fresh commentating team.(Tenay has been very good in the lead announcing role, WCW should have done this in 97). The bottom line is that I enjoy it because it is a alternative to the WWE. You will find that everyone works hard in TNA. TNA has plenty of flaws and opportunities; but offers a viable alternative to a wrestling fan.

Guest CoreyLazarus416
Enlighten me - who in TNA is actually a better wrestler than Edge?

Jerry Lynn, AJ Styles, Sean Waltman (believe it or not), LowKi, The Amazing Red, Steve Corino (he still has a few TNA shows to do, I believe), Alan Funk...do you want me to continue?

LowKi sold an "injured" leg for an hour and a half one night, and limited the number of kicks he used becuase of said "injury." I think that's a lot better than Edge.

Plus, Edge just seems to lack this certain "it" to him that makes him just another blonde-haired worker to me. When he does his moves, he doesn't really have any emotion to it, and just does the move.

Guest the 1inch punch
Three cheers for the NWATNA booking team - who gave X-Pac the X-title for a minute's work.

Ive given up caring about TNA since that, Katie Fick is better booking sense

Guest Banky

A few errors is Lazarus' post. Current day Waltman and any day Steve Corino is not close to being in Edge's league. Corino is a glorified juice machine. That guy gushes like a pig, yet has never had a great match. I had never seen Red, Low Ki is a completely different wrestler, while Styles and Lynn are indeed better than Edge - IMHO.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Banky, you've never seen a great Corino match? Did you completely miss the Corino/Lynn series? Even without the juicing, still great matches.

Guest Ravenbomb

whoa, whoa, whoa...they gave fucking SEAN WALTMAN/6-PAC WHATEVER THE HELL HIS NAME IS...the fucking X-TITLE?!?!?! WTF?!?!

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Banky, you're using Edge's feuds against 2 of the greatest wrestlers America has ever seen and WILL ever see as basis for Edge's talent? I think that's a little unfair, like calling Kurt Cobain a great guitarist simply because he was a great songwriter...

Yes...he backdropped AJ Styles off the ladder and climbed up to win the match and the title. Fucking ay. I hope he can actually wrestle against Styles...if he cant'...I told you so...

Guest El Satanico

The matches on TNA between good wrestlers have variety in them, which is why i'd rather watch them.

If WWe didn't limit movesets and use "WWF style" to produce cookie cutter matches then it would have some of the greatest matches ever with their roster. However they do limit movesets and use "WWF style" and all the matches even the good ones suffer for it.

Every "great" WWe match from the last few years would've been even better if it didn't take place in WWe.

Guest Banky

Well you said Corino had a good series with a spectacular wrestler in Jerry Lynn, so I retorted back that Edge had some with Angle and Guerrero.

Guest The Notorious CRD

I enjoy TNA a great deal. For one thing, there is no defined "TNA style" whereas in WWE there will always be that ever-so-limiting style they insist everyone abide by. It's funny, because they promote the "WWE style" as being safe, but they have more injured stars than ever. TNA encourages their wrestlers to go all out and while there have been injuries, there hasn't been anything close to what WWE is dealing with.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Lynn isn't nearly on the level of a Benoit, Angle, or Guerrero, though. Great wrestler, yes, but not nearly at that level. So comparing Corino/Lynn to Edge/Guerrero is really quite stupid.

I dunno how to really explain it, I just feel that Corino adds a lot more to a match than Edge ever will, and even without the juicing. Remember, there's a lot more to being a great wrestler than just being good in the ring (otherwise Jake Roberts would have just been another mullet-wearing redneck with a beer belly and a drug problem).

Guest Banky

If you look, Angle's matches with Edge were some of his best - thus Edge obviously brought something great to the table as well. Edge isn't the useless tit everyone thinks, he is actually quite carriable.