TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve J. Rogers

"THIS WILL BE THE MOST EMOTIONAL PPV IN HISTORY!"

Guest Steve J. Rogers

Aww please, do they have to go all WCW hype on this one. I know they tend to go month-to-month with remebering what happened in the past but I can't see ANY PPV from here on out EVER being as over-the-top emotional/important than last years Survivor Series for very obvious reasons.

Lets see, standard Mega Heel champ vs "Mega Over" Face Number One Contender with added soap opera mind games for a twist compared to the very company's survival being at stake. Hmmm I wonder which one should be hyped as "The Most Important In The History Of Our Sport!" (TM Tony Schivone)

Steve

JR is just paid to say what he was said.

Hell, if I was paid the money he probably makes I would say that shit and so would most people here.

I wouldn't LIKE it, but I would say it.

Guest Youth N Asia

I don't care how they sell it...but a 2 week build up cannot make for an emotinal match

Guest Midnight Express83

This is going to be an unforgetable event. For all the wrong reasons. If this event gets a buyrate above .1 I will be shocked.

Guest NoCalMike

Well, JR better do something because the storyline for Kane/Triple H is just horrible, and it really hasn't made anyone care about the match.

Guest Angle-plex

This will be a very emotional PPV. We get to see a murderer lose to an asshole in front of 5000 people.

JR: BAW GAWD!

Guest Midnight Express83

JR: THIS EVENT WILL CHANGE THE WWE FOREVER BY GAWD! EVEN WITH LESS THAN 1000 PEOPLE BUYING THE EVENT BYGAWD!

Guest Youth N Asia

The time for shilling and story is over...the ppv is Sunday...WHAT A SHITTY BUILD UP! They've had two weeks to build it up, that's it. This may be the worst uppercard main event in a long time.

They're probably hoping that the words "Hell in a Cell" sell the ppv by itself...cause Kane and Taker in the main events won't.

Guest NoCalMike

I just hate how Smackdown opens with Steph saying something, and it repeats it about 5 times........"Hell, Helllllllllll, Hell, H E L L In the Cellllllllllllllllllllllll...........Hell in the Cell" Would be alright if it was once in awhile, but everything she says is being structured like that....just awful.

Guest notJames
They're probably hoping that the words "Hell in a Cell" sell the ppv by itself...cause Kane and Taker in the main events won't.

Yeah, they don't call them the "Brothers of Destruction" for nothing... look how they're destroying the ratings, the buyrate, the continuity, the public's desire to watch wrestling...

(Wait... are they still brothers?)

;)

Guest Army Eye

This is a strong argument for phasing out some of the "In Your House" PPVs. There simply aren't enough good matches to fill 12 PPVs right now, and in addition to the bad buyrate this will get, all of the TV shows are suffering for having to promote this terrible card.

Guest jester

Good matches with a good build practically sell themselves.

The more JR needs to over-emphasize, the shittier the match.

Guest snowfan

Folks you simply have to tune in to this sunday to see what quite possibly is the most emotional pay per view in the histroy of WWE. I cannot overemphasize the raw emotion that will be put on display in the main events folks. Brock Lesnar is playing with fire when he messes with Booger Red's pregnant wife's mind and their very marriage, and I have been to the stables and let me tell you that Sara is livid. His brother Kane is attemptimg to dethrone quite possibly the most cunning champion in the histroy of our sport in the form of Hunter Hearst Helmsley-who else in the WWE would have been intelligent enough to accuse Kane of defiling his first crush post-mortem?

Tune in Sunday night bah gawd!

*hushed voice*

Oh yeah we have some wrestling in the form of Benoit/Angle....

Guest Midnight Express83

The problem with the spit is that you can't build a PPV in 4 shows. There is no build up. Either the name or a gimmick match sells it. This PPV has the gimmick match, next one is Surivivor Series in the garden, which sells it self. December needs a hell of a gimmick match because there is NOTHING right now worth watching. WWE is going to tank even more before they "get it".

The problem with the spit is that you can't build a PPV in 4 shows. There is no build up. Either the name or a gimmick match sells it. This PPV has the gimmick match, next one is Surivivor Series in the garden, which sells it self. December needs a hell of a gimmick match because there is NOTHING right now worth watching. WWE is going to tank even more before they "get it".

What you said right there is why I think the WWE Has only two choices to make:

1) Cut down on the amount of Pay Per Views...maybe back to the "Main Five" (Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, King of the Ring, Summerslam, and Survivor Series), and leave out the others.

2)End the Brand-Extension/Roster Split/Whatever the hell you want to call it so you have more time to build all the major matches.

Guest Pop Culture God

Actually, the SD! portion looks solid, we have the tourny, Brock/UT and we'll get another match or two on Thursday.

Guest AndrewTS

I think PPVs every 2 months would work.

Guest Smark Hammill

What's funny is that you guys will still dish out the $30 to your cable company for this while complaining about how crappy it's going to be.

Guest DJ Jeff
What's funny is that you guys will still dish out the $30 to your cable company for this while complaining about how crappy it's going to be.

Actually, I won't be doing that. Now, to get back on topic, the buildup for No Mercy hasn't been the greatest. What I think the WWE needs to do is cut down the amount of PPVs to just the big 5 (Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, King of the Ring, SummerSlam, and Survivor Series) or end the brand extension. The WWE needs to do something, and fast, or else they'll lose more fans. I'm giving them until the end of the year. If they don't improve by then, I'll officially stop watching wrestling until they do improve.

Guest Youth N Asia

Last ppv I ordered was the Rumble...and last before that was Invasion, I use to get them all the time from 99-early 2001...but now the shows just do not look good anymore...and making them $5 didn't help matters

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Um, does anyone pay for PPV's on this board? I was under the impression everyone either steals them, splits them with 15 people, or just watches them at Hooters.

Guest RepoMan

1) Cut down on the amount of Pay Per Views...maybe back to the "Main Five" (Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, King of the Ring, Summerslam, and Survivor Series), and leave out the others.

2)End the Brand-Extension/Roster Split/Whatever the hell you want to call it so you have more time to build all the major matches.

They could also alternate the PPV between Raw and SD.

Guest Angle-plex

They could also alternate the PPV between Raw and SD.

Yeah, but I really don't want to see Big Show vs Jeff Hardy on the undercard of a PPV. B-)

Guest NoCalMike

I just see the PPVS at the local sportsbar, so they only price I pay is the hangover I get after drinking myself into oblivion.

Guest ISportsFan

Actually, Smackdown could easily carry a PPV. For example, a seven match card could be like:

Brock v. Undertaker (12 min)

Benoit v. Angle (25 min)

Eddy/Chavo v. Mysterio/Edge (15 min)

Noble v. Kidman (13 min)

Tajiri v. Funaki v. Moore v. Crash (14 min)

Billy/Chuck v. D-Von/Simmons (pre-injury, of course - 7 min)

Matt Hardy v. John Cena (9 min)

That's 97 minutes of wrestling - a typical WWE PPV.

Now Raw, on the other hand, could have about two matches before the card falls flat.

Jason

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

I got how its Emotional

Pete Rose finally gets his Revenge on Kane and costs Kane the match vs. HHH. That storyline has been going on for 4 1/2 years sorta..

You know its gonna happen.

Guest CED Ordonez

Oh crap! I've figured it out! Pete Rose is Katie Vick! He's been Katie Vick ALL ALONG! That's why he's been following him! Pete Rose is actually a woman, BAH GAWD! Sadly, this all makes perfect sense in the world of WWE booking logic...won't surprise me if they bust out *that* booking either.

*joins NorCalMike for some heavy drinking*

Guest Nater

Sure, its gonna make me angry.

I'm not paying for it, my friend is (ARRGG MATEY) pirating it..

No I dont have a soul.

Neither do Taker or HHH.

I'm in bad company.