TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marshall

Anyone looking froward to The Blueprint 2?

Guest Marshall

I've got the '03 bonnie and clyde track that samples 2Pac's Me And My Girlfriend. Its really good. I think its out in November sometime.

Guest ant_7000

I just heard the "Bonnie and Clyde" today and wasn't impressed by it, Jay-Z sampled Pac's "Me and My Girlfriend" chorus but Beonyce sp? did a good job on the track. But I will get Blueprint 2 and I think its coming out on the same day as Nas "God's Son" album.

Guest mesepher

nope... couldn't care less.

what is the point of stealing errr "sampling" anyways?

Guest Incandenza
nope... couldn't care less.

what is the point of stealing errr "sampling" anyways?

Oy, these high-and-mighty purists. Take your incredibly closed-minded attitude of what music is elsewhere.

EDIT: Oh, to address this thread, no, I am not looking forward to it. I don't like Jay Z.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Hey, even I've got no problem with samples, as long as it's a sound clip of someone talking, or a weird noise, but it gets on my nerves in a major way when someone like Puff Daddy rips off an entire Zeppelin song, passing it off as some original creation. (not the riff, obviously, but the song as a whole.)

Guest evenflowDDT

Didn't Toni Braxton sample the same 2Pac track for her new song?

I'm not a huge Jay-Z fan (I only like some of his older stuff and the Unplugged CD, I heard that recently and was impressed), so I'd probably just download the single if it was any good and pick up Nas instead.

Guest Incandenza
Hey, even I've got no problem with samples, as long as it's a sound clip of someone talking, or a weird noise, but it gets on my nerves in a major way when someone like Puff Daddy rips off an entire Zeppelin song, passing it off as some original creation. (not the riff, obviously, but the song as a whole.)

Oh, I agree. Puffy's "samples" are ridiculous. I was objecting to mesepher's snooty attitude towards rap, which I've seen him display here before.

Guest ant_7000

He just don't know rap to respond intelligent to say why he don't like rap, he just says "It sucks dude" eventhough I don't like most rock or heavy metal I don't go "trolling" on a rock thread. But, anyway Puff does sample a whole song when most producers who do sample take bits and pieces of a song. Im looking forward to Jigga's new double album.

Guest dreamer420

I can't wait for this CD. The Blueprint was the best CD last year and I'm betting that Jay-Z will top Eminem this year.

Guest Snappy Nappy Dugout

I'm Kind of looking foward to it, Since Nas album looks whack this year. But this CD Is not going to be the best this year, as I feel 50 Cent album is going to be the album of the year.

Guest papacita

Jay's my favorite rapper (actually, it's real close between him and Nas), but not really. The Blueprint was hot, but since then, I haven't really liked what I've heard from him. I'm more looking forward to Freeway's album than I am Jay-Z's.

Guest Midnight Express83

Jay Z is like a knocked up whore, every 9 months he is pushing something out.