TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

Wrestling on TV in England?

A recent post made me realise that i could be missing wrestling on tv in England, because i never knew it was on.

Therefore, i though i would start this post. So what shows do we get in England at present.

Assuming that you have the Full Sky digital package, what is available.

I am aware of Raw and Smackdown and ppv's on Sky Sports (DUH :D LOL) But what else do we get in England?

This can include any sort of wrestling (pro or other wise).

I also know that Sumo is on EuroSport Uk from time to time LOL

If anyone knows of a way to get foreign TV channels (and hence more wrestling programs) then that would be welcome aswell!

So am i missing anything?

cheers

ChUnK!

Guest jm29195

Do you know if we'll ever get Heat, Confidential or any tough enough in the uk? It just suprises me that they have crappy shows like afterburn and bottom line and not any of the better ones...

Guest Marshall

There is no other wrestling on Sky Sports. They have Ulimate Fighting. Eurosport has some real wrestling crap, but thats crap.

What do you mean by "Real wrestling crap" on Eurosport? I wouldnt mind checking it out, just for the sake of seeing what its like?

We had tough enough 1 over here but i dont know why they havent shown 2 or 3 on Sky. Tough Enough 1 must have been popular because they re-aired it about 3 times!

Does anyone know if it is possible to get more wrestling programes via foreign channels. I.e. You can tune Sky digital (and the old analogue system) to pick up german, italian, polish, spanish etc channels.

Cheers

ChUnK!

Guest Marshall
What do you mean by "Real wrestling crap" on Eurosport? I wouldnt mind checking it out, just for the sake of seeing what its like?

Olympic wrestling.

Guest kingkamala
Does anyone know if it is possible to get more wrestling programes via foreign channels. I.e. You can tune Sky digital (and the old analogue system) to pick up german, italian, polish, spanish etc channels.

Cheers

ChUnK!

If you have Australian networks you can probably get old school WCW in Australia they're still watching Nitros from 98!

Guest kingkamala

Well there goes your chance of watching Randy Savage and Kevin Nash Vs Scott Hall and Hollywood Hogan*points and laughs*....oh wait

Guest Marshall

Oh I forgot about wrestling classics, its WWF TV cira 1989ish. Thats on SKY Sports.

Guest Mystery Eskimo

I miss WCW Worldwide on Channel 5. Ok, it was crap, but you got some good cruiserweight matches.

Guest the 1inch punch
I miss WCW Worldwide on Channel 5. Ok, it was crap, but you got some good cruiserweight matches.

Yeah, remember when someone would get hit by a chair and theyd stick a huge batman "ker-pow" on the screen, man those were the days

Guest BAR

Not too long ago I searched throught the Digital channels that I'd never thought about looking at before. I was looking for a Japanese channel. But, of course, no luck.

Guest Last Warrior

Part of the WWE agreement wih sky sports is that they dont show any other wrestling promotions on sky sports. Eurosport used to show the odd bit of puro but it was terribly done and they didnt really show anything worthwhile. Bravo used to show ECW and showed SWAT: revival. There was talk of them showing uprising as well but it seems that it fell through. The fwa have a tv deal if youlive in the portsmouth or southampton area.

I really think that there should be a weekly recap programme on a sky channel that deals with all wrestling bar WWE. I think that tv companies would be afraid to take the risks but they would actually get quite a few viewers.

Part of the WWE agreement wih sky sports is that they dont show any other wrestling promotions on sky sports. Eurosport used to show the odd bit of puro but it was terribly done and they didnt really show anything worthwhile. Bravo used to show ECW and showed SWAT: revival. There was talk of them showing uprising as well but it seems that it fell through. The fwa have a tv deal if youlive in the portsmouth or southampton area.

I really think that there should be a weekly recap programme on a sky channel that deals with all wrestling bar WWE. I think that tv companies would be afraid to take the risks but they would actually get quite a few viewers.

Damn right, i would love to see that!

If they can take the risk with some of the crap they put on Sly, why cant they do it with a wrestling show?

ChUnK!

has anyone tried retuning their sky (digital or analouge) dishes to pick up foreign channels? Ive heard you can do it with the listings in the back of Satellite TV magazines. Perhaps you could pick up a foreign channel carrying wrestling?

ChUnK!

Guest Last Warrior

It is possible to retune but is it really worth the hassle. You have to find out what foreign channels show wrestling we dont get in britian - difficult. You would then have to find out the frequencies for those channels - very difficult. You wouldnt have any tv listings and would have to tune in all the time on the of chance that there is wrestling on. jesus, go to a tape trader if you want to see it that much.

It is possible to retune but is it really worth the hassle. You have to find out what foreign channels show wrestling we dont get in britian - difficult. You would then have to find out the frequencies for those channels - very difficult. You wouldnt have any tv listings and would have to tune in all the time on the of chance that there is wrestling on. jesus, go to a tape trader if you want to see it that much.

Yeah, i understand it would be a lot of hassle, thats why i was wondering if anyone else had done it? If they had then i thought they might be able to share how they did it with the rest of us.

I think the frequencies of foerign channels are printed in satelliete monthly magazines by the way.

Guest BAR

I wouldn't mind trying it but I'd probably fuck it up and messing up the whole system. I remember when I had 'normal' Sky and there used to be plenty of WCW PPV's on a German channel and around 2000, they were showing WM14.

I wouldn't mind trying it but I'd probably fuck it up and messing up the whole system. I remember when I had 'normal' Sky and there used to be plenty of WCW PPV's on a German channel and around 2000, they were showing WM14.

Did you ever get Japanese TV with your old sky connection? Im wondering if you need a bigger dish for it?

By the way, where did you get that pic from, pretty sweet! :D