TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

NWA-UK Hammerlock Wrestling

People were quite good at helping out "cobainwasmurdered" with his question about ECCW, and i have a similar question.

There is a "NWA-UK Hammerlock Wrestling" Show on near me soon. Has anyone ever heard of them? What are they like? Will it be worth going to> Who wrestles for them.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

ChUnK!

Guest the 1inch punch

They suck

Seriously, If youv'e ever seen the Faking It show you'll know why, bush leaugue gimmicks, crap wrestlers, bad promtion, etc

Ive never seen that faking it show, i always miss it whe its on. Do you have it on tape?

I think they've got Jake the Snake Roberts down here for the show that is in my area. I know is hardly the best wrestler ever, but i was considering going to meet him and get his autograph.

hmmmmmmmmm, but i duno now?

ChUnK!

Guest Mystery Eskimo

In the Faking It show, they took a male ballerina and trained him as a wrestler. He wasn't bad actually, from what they showed of him in the ring.

The training guys were trying to keep kayfabe, which was funny.

Guest kingkamala

PN News and Tatanka regularly appear at NWA UK Hammerlock, DON'T GO CHUNK YOU WON'T COME BACK WITH YOUR DIGNITY!!!!

Guest Last Warrior

They have a couple of good wrestlers.

Gary Steele and Johnny Moss are quite good. I have also heard good things about a few other guys as well whose names I cant remember.

The only thing is that NWA-Uk has huge heat with pretty much everyone else in britiain. If you go to the wrestle zone link in my sig and go to intervews and read the alex shane interview, you will be amazed by some of the things he says about them.

The only reason I have to not like them is because they wouldnt let their wrestlers appear on the big revival show this year. Now ths was not an FWA event and was aimed simply at putting british wrestling back on the map but they cut off their noses to spike thier faces and wouldnt let there wrestlers appear there. As i understand it they also dont let them do other feds shows in britian. Which is stupid as what british wrestling needs is to be seen as good as often as it can. also when asked about revival (which Bill Apter described as the best indy show he had ever seen) they wouldnt give it any credit and said stupid things like they were ripping off the WWE. Bearing in mind this is the fed that brings over people like tatanka and revival brought over eddie guerrero and also featured dynamite kid.

Also they acted like pricks on the 'Faking It' show. They out british wrestling back years with that programme and tried to make out like it was legit fighting and shit like that.

I also know a person who basically goes to any british wrestling show, to show his support for all the feds and he wont go to one of ther shows.

Make your own judgements on them, but those are my thoughts.

Guest Last Warrior
I pretty much agree with everything CurryMan said

I see the club has a new member.

Make your own judgements on them, but those are my thoughts.

Will do, a mate of mine aske dme if was gonna go because he was going, so i said yeah.

Coming off the back of British Uprising (which blew me away) i wonder how this show will do, ill let you know what i think.

ChUnK!

I checked out this show, and i finally got chance to write about what i thought of it.

To be fair, it didnt touch on Uprising, and the wrestling quality was pretty poor through out the card.

The only matches that contained enough offence to make me remember them went as follows:

JP Munroe Vs A young guy i cant remember the name of. I think it might have been steve carlin, but im not sure.

This match had some of the worst selling i have EVER seen. The young guy looked soooo nervous that it was really hard to take him seriously (every one has to start sometime i guess though). The match progressed and although not excellent, it wasnt that bad. Then came a Styles Clash by Monroe, which just infuriated me, blatant theft! Then the young bloke got straight up form it, slammed monroe and moonsaulted him for the win. :huh: And as if that wasnt bad enough, straight after the pin Monroe got up and beat the other guy down to get his heel heat back. Shocking!

Technico Vs Some one i cant remember

This match match actually started well, with a couple of good hammerlock reversal spots, i thought i was in for a decent contest. Was i wrong or was I wrong. The two just repeated the hammerlock spot over and over, and continued to work each others arms for about 5 minutes. They then forgot about the arm damage and the match ended with a leg submission . The first leg realted move of the match I might add aswell. DOH!

The main event was a tag match with the champ and his body guard vs Jake The snake roberts and another guy.

The match bascally went as follows: Jake gets beaten down for 10 minutes with a load of sleepers...yawn...! Which i thought was stupid, beacause considering his age and overness on the night, i would have had Jake Hot tagged in to clean house drop the ddt and get the win. Anyway, Jake eventually gets the tag and in comes his partner for a mini rampage before getting beaten down. THEN Jake comes in to drop the ddt and get the win. I swear I saw NO TAG, which kind of ruined it for me because Jake wasnt the legal man. Im sure there was not a tag.

So all in all, it wasnt much to write home about. The only plus of the night is that i got to meet Jake and got my picture taken with him (for £5 i might add!) That saved the show for me :) There was one have decent tag match featuring a couple of Irish guys Vs a guy called Kurupt and his partner.

I also noticed that they were using the old Trans-atlantic wrestling challenge ring. I think from that show that was on ITV a few years ago (which im having great trouble remembering). The ring was aweful and was literally falling apart. The ropes were a bit torn and were so loose that it made top rope moves look really messy. The mat was knackered around the edges and there was no matting under the canvas.

A final point is the way in which the ring announcer acted after the show. Someone told me that on "faking it", the guys from this promotion tried to keep Kayfabe. Well after the show some kids bundled into the ring, which i agree was not on, but the announcer came down and shouted his head of at them telling them that the shouldnt backyard wrestle and if they wanted to get into the ring then he could introduce them to a couple of guys that would teach them what its like to be a wrestler.

I really had no time for this and thought that considering the small audience that was there, he could have handled it a little better. Everyone knows wreslting is "fake" so he just came accross as a bit of an idiot really. He was in the right for telling them off, but i think he could have handled it a little better. When he shouted "what part of now didnt you understand", i was wondering if he was having a laugh. What kind of an advert for british wrestling is that? No matter how in the wrong the kids were, he should have realised that everyone was listening to him and his potenital future customers were watching how he was acting.

The bottom line is that I liked the show purely for the fact that i got to meet Jake. I would go again if they had another "big" name that i could meet, get a signature and get a picture with, but i wouldnt pay just to see their talent. I still cant believe that the show cost me the same amount as my Uprising ticket. And I can say that I would willingly pay a tenner to see an all FWA talent card.

cheers,

ChUnK!

Guest Last Warrior

So you paida tenner to see them put on a show with no decent workers, but you met Jake fair enough and yo said you would go back to the next one if they had a big name.

The FWA are putting on a show tonight for £9 that contains the likes of Christopher Daniels, Doug Williams, Flash Barker, Jody Fleisch, Jonny Storm, James Tighe and I could name loads more.

But I bet that show last night got more people and that is what is wrong wit Britih Wrestling. The fans on the whole arent bothered about the wrestling. Say there are 20,000 people in Britiain who go to show, 3,000 of them at most would go for the actual wrestling.

British fans have got to be re-conditioned in their attitudes, otherwise it will never grow. It doesnt matter if you have Doug Williams and James Tighe go out and put on a 30 minute mat classic, people may have left by them so they can pay a fiver for the right to have their picture taken with a Crack Addcit.

So you paida tenner to see them put on a show with no decent workers, but you met Jake fair enough and yo said you would go back to the next one if they had a big name.

The FWA are putting on a show tonight for £9 that contains the likes of Christopher Daniels, Doug Williams, Flash Barker, Jody Fleisch, Jonny Storm, James Tighe and I could name loads more.

But I bet that show last night got more people and that is what is wrong wit Britih Wrestling. The fans on the whole arent bothered about the wrestling. Say there are 20,000 people in Britiain who go to show, 3,000 of them at most would go for the actual wrestling.

British fans have got to be re-conditioned in their attitudes, otherwise it will never grow. It doesnt matter if you have Doug Williams and James Tighe go out and put on a 30 minute mat classic, people may have left by them so they can pay a fiver for the right to have their picture taken with a Crack Addcit.

You make a very good point.

The thing that affects me is the actual amount of british wrestling i can actually see. I mean how many shows are there that i can go to?

I cant yet drive and so im at the mercy of some one whos willing to take me to a show. I would be at londons calling in a shot if i could get there, but i cant so i wont be there.

The other thing is that i will watch anything, no matter how bad. I still watch raw for goodness sake :) Im a huge wrestling fan so theres no way im going to pass up the oppotunity to meet a big name that i remember fondly from my child hood. Can you honestly say you wouldnt sit through a bad fwa show, knowing that at the end you would have the chance to meet Jerry Lynn or Aj Styles?

I agree with you that a lot of british fans (especially at the NWA-UK Show) are very limited in thier knowledge of wrestling, but i dont think that that will change, unless big american names are used.

If the americans are used to attract fans to shows, then theres a chance that wrestling will make it onto tv again, and then people can start to re-learn what is good and what is poor.

ChUnK!