TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrRant

Band Queen Gets Hollywood Star

Guest MrRant
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Queen fans were in a "Bohemian Rhapsody" Friday when their favorite band got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

About 500 fans cheered when the star was unveiled in front of Ivar Nightclub. Band members Brian May (news) and Roger Taylor attended the ceremony.

American fans of the 1970s British group had mounted a campaign to get the star for May, Taylor, John Deacon and lead vocalist Freddie Mercury (news), who died of AIDS (news - web sites) in 1991.

Queen's hits include "Bohemian Rhapsody," "We Are the Champions" and "We Will Rock You," the latter the title of a musical that opened in London in May. Another tribute, The Queen Symphony, will be staged next month by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.

I'm glad they got it. They are probably my favorite band of all time personally.

Guest goodhelmet

Queen rules the fucking earth! No band (including my beloved Beatles) were more diverse as Queen. I have stated this time and again but Freddy Mercury has the best voice EVER!

As for Night at the Opera being the best album, I am more partial to The Game and Sheer Heart Attack but it rocks nonetheless!