TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

When was the first ever...

Sorry to start a whole thread for this, but i dont know of a better way to get an answer.

When were the first survivor series, royal rumble, king of the ring and summer slam events?

Ive got a rough idea for each, but i want to be certain im right.

cheers,

ChUnK!

Guest BifEverchad

When were the first survivor series, royal rumble, king of the ring and summer slam PAY PER VIEW events?

If thats what you mean, than:

Royal Rumble (January 15 1989)

King of the Ring (June 13 1993)

Summerslam (August 29 1988)

Survivor Series (November 26 1987)

Guest teke184

Actually, there have been King of the Ring events since about 1985, but those were just one-night house show tournaments in New England. The actual KOTR PPV did start in 1993, though.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Actually the previous winners of the KOTR were:

Don Muraco (1985)

Harley Race (1986)

Randy Savage (1987)

Ted Dibiase (1988)

Tito Santana (1989)

Bret Hart (1991)

There were no tournaments in 1990 or 1992.

Guest Repo Man jr

How did Macho Man become Macho king? Did he have a singles match with Duggan?

Guest Steve J. Rogers
I do remember Haku using the King gimmick with Bobby Heenan.

Actually here is the lineage, well sort of:

I think Race won one of the New England house show tournys which led to the "King Harley Race" gimmick. When he was injured either it was passed onto Haku or Haku actually did beat him. Then Hacksaw beat Haku, then Savage beat Hacksaw for the title and started the "Macho King" gimmick which ceased to be when Savage was "retired" at WM VI thanks to the Ultimate Warrior. The "King" gimmick was abandoned alltogether afterwards

Steve

Guest Kahran Ramsus

After Macho King lost to Warrior at Wrestlemania XII, the gimmick was forgotten until 1993, when Heenan introduced Jerry Lawler as the new king (and his replacement on Superstars while he moved up to RAW). For some reason, Lawler never joined Heenan's group of Razor & Flair, and even went at it with Flair during the 1993 Royal Rumble.

Guest MillenniumMan831
I do remember Haku using the King gimmick with Bobby Heenan.

Actually here is the lineage, well sort of:

I think Race won one of the New England house show tournys which led to the "King Harley Race" gimmick. When he was injured either it was passed onto Haku or Haku actually did beat him. Then Hacksaw beat Haku, then Savage beat Hacksaw for the title and started the "Macho King" gimmick which ceased to be when Savage was "retired" at WM VI thanks to the Ultimate Warrior. The "King" gimmick was abandoned alltogether afterwards

Steve

It was passed on to Haku; and Haku went on to defeat Harley Race at the 1989 Royal Rumble to 'legitamize' it.