TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest converge241

Bledsoe to ......?

Guest converge241

have to amend my first post, just found out miller is staying in chicago, so ill take the bears off that list

Guest goodhelmet

dallas could really use a quarterback but I'd be happy if the Cowboys never won another  game in their existence.

Guest Army Eye

Miller got signed.. Dilfer got signed.. poor guy might get stuck in Cincinatti (although I think they will be a decent team if they get Bledsoe for QB.. they're not bad otherwise)

Guest El Hijo Del Lunatic

I think the chances of Bledsoe getting dealt this year are slim now.  He could wind up in Houston, but I think right now the Pats are asking for a 2002 draft pick and I'm not sure that Houston's going to want to trade that pick for Bledsoe.  Washington just signed Jesse Armstead, and still has to resign at least 4 guys plus a first-round draft choice with the $8 million in cap room they have left.  The can't afford Bledsoe's salary without major restructuring.  They're dumb enough, though.  Chicago is out for the same reason, they have a couple of guys (most notably Olin Kreutz) to sign, plus they're going to be in the market for a free agent CB or TE.  Baltimore needs a QB, but they're like $30 million over the cap as it is.  What about Buffalo, though?  Now that Rob Johnson's cut, Buffalo might think about it.  I'm sure Bledsoe wouldn't mind throwing to Eric Moulds and Peerless Price.  The Cowboys are in the market for everybody all the tiem, but history says Jerry Jones is a guy that builds through the draft more than anything else.

Guest DrTom

I would have bet on Chicago until the Bears re-signed Miller.

Now, I think the favorites are Washington and Buffalo.  The Redskins, as always, will have to do some cap work, but if this is the guy Spurrier wants, they'll make it fit.  I think he's a better fit in Buffalo, since he's used to the colder climate and has better receivers to throw to there.  The Bills like Alex Van Pelt, but they're not paying him starter money.

As for the Ravens, they could put Cal Ripken at QB and I'd consider it an upgrade over Grbac.  I can't see Bledsoe wanting to come to Baltimore, though, since their leading receivers from last season ended up as cap casualties.  Travis Taylor has a good upside, and Brandon Stokley is sure-handed, but that tandem isn't exactly going to make opposing DB's quake in their cleats.