TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

10/25 From The Inside

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Greetings from the Lone Star State. Corpus Christi is the location for the NWA 54th Anniversary Show, which looks to be a very strong show. NWA World Champion Ron Killings, X-Division Champion AJ Styles, and NWA World Tag Team Champions Harris and Storm expected to arrive today.

This morning myself, Bob Ryder, Jeff Jarrett, Mortimer Plumtree, and Jerry Jarrett each had a chance to speak before the members of the National Wrestling Aliance. We had strong communication with the members, and they went out of their way to make us feel at home.

This past Wednesday's program was very well received, and seems to indicate that fans want to see good, intense wrestling.

Congratulations go out to AJ Styles who became the first two-time X-Division champion. Styles is red hot right now, and will probably win most "Rookie of the Year" awards for 2002 (while he has been active for three years, most qualify a wrestler's rookie year as their first year of national exposure).

Jeff Jarrett vs. Curt Hennig should be a good match this Wednesday.

Don West's "preview for next week" is turning into a very popular segment both the crowd and the crew backstage. West and Tenay have such a great chemistry with the talent, and both parties have earned each other's mutual respect.

Congratulations are in order to Scott Steiner. I've been on a few tours overseas with Steiner, and he's a total professional. Real nice guy. I said a few months ago that Steiner would be back in the ring in October. Steiner wrestled three weeks ago in Australia.

The evil that is returning to TNA this Wednesday night will be an interesting segment.

Good to see how well the Syxx Pac / Brian Lawler angle was received. Sean put a serious liplock on Miss April, which was fun to watch, especially since April is a living, breathing woman.

Scott Hall will get the chance this Wednesday to do something he has yet to accomplish in his career, become a world champion. Hall vs. Truth this Wednesday.

I took my seat on the plane last night and realized I was sitting next to Anson Williams, aka Potsy from television's Happy Days. Williams was traveling with an agent who claimed to also represent Corey Haim and Pat Morita. What a stable. In a strange turn of events, Williams broke out a travel size game of checkers on the plane and defeated his agent in a best of three showdown.

An interesting female named ODB (which stands for One Dirty Bitch) will be getting a dark match this Wednesday night. Once again her name… One Dirty Bitch. Fantastic.

From the Miami Herald's Mike Berkowitz on this past weeks TNA show: "This show was absolutely incredible. From the opening bell to the final promo, NWATNA put on a top-notch show." Read the entire article here: http://www.miami.com/mld/miami/4356928.htm

Goldylocks.com is a website well worth checking out if you haven't already.

This weekend the movie Jackass opens up. I spent some time with Wee Man and Steve-O in Panama City last year with WCW, and have to give them props as the craziest bastards I have ever met. While dining in at Spinnakers, they took turns kicking each other in the balls inside of the restaurant. The sad thing is, their cameras weren't even there to capture the magic of it all.

A mixed tag between Ace Steele and Mortimer Plumtree vs. Jorge Estrada and Priscilla will take place this Wednesday night.

The TNA Asylum went crazy when Amazing Red won the amazing five-man five-way X-Division match this last Wednesday. Red and Styles should be outstanding match this Wednesday night. Look for the bar of innovation to once again be raised. Expect to see several moves for the first time that will eventually wind up in the arsenal of others in this business (and no matter what anyone says, I'm not talking about a masked wrestler from Mexico. Really, I'm not. Seriously. No, really.)

In fact, I've seen the "expect a match of the year candidate," written by some net writers. While that puts an incredible amount of pressure to live up to for these two guys, obviously it goes to show their reputations and their impact on this business. Can you think of others outside of the X-Division that get those type of statements going into their matches? There are some, but nothing like we've seen from our X-Division talent pool collectively. We are proud of our X-Division, and we invite you to continue to hold them to the highest standards.

Syxx-Pac is quickly turning into one of my favorite wrestlers in the industry right now. Waltman has shown total commitment, and has been performing better in the ring in TNA that he has in years. He is a lot of fun to watch. Sean himself will tell you that he has kicked it into a new level. The environment at TNA seems to bring out the absolute best of its performers.

Sympathies go out to the friends and family of Senator Paul Wellstone of Minnesota. I worked in the Minneapolis radio market for several years and have interviewed him on a few occasions. He was a great public servant to the people of Minnesota, and will be missed.

That is all for now. Have a great weekend and we'll see you this Wednesday night back on Pay Per View!

Jeremy Borash

[email protected]

Styles is red hot right now, and will probably win most "Rookie of the Year" awards for 2002 (while he has been active for three years, most qualify a wrestler's rookie year as their first year of national exposure).

Styles was featured on Nitro in late 2000-2001 teaming with Air Paris, so does he still qualify?

The evil that is returning to TNA this Wednesday night will be an interesting segment.

I'd give anything if it was Christopher Daniels

Sean put a serious liplock on Miss April, which was fun to watch, especially since April is a living, breathing woman.

OUCH. Now THAT is what I call a good shot at another promotion.

Expect to see several moves for the first time that will eventually wind up in the arsenal of others in this business (and no matter what anyone says, I'm not talking about a masked wrestler from Mexico. Really, I'm not. Seriously. No, really.)

Rey's already stolen the Code Red....Crash has stolen the Styles Clash, what's next?

In fact, I've seen the "expect a match of the year candidate," written by some net writers. Can you think of others outside of the X-Division that get those type of statements going into their matches?

Angle/Benoit & Angle/Benoit - Rey/Edge.

Just sayin'.

Dames

Guest the 1inch punch
Steiner wrestled three weeks ago in Australia.

In fucking brutal matches, im told

Guest CoreyLazarus416

I'm starting to like Borash a lot, for some reason...

Here's to hoping Styles/Red is even HALF as good as Styles/Lynn/LowKi, because that Triple Threat Match (not the ladder match, the one just before it, when LowKi won the belt...Week 8, methinks) is my current MOTY (due to not seeing any WWE PPV since KOTR, so no Angle/Benoit or Angle & Benoit/Rey & Edge for Corey Laz).