TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bcu1979

(Observer) SS plans/ratings notes

Guest bcu1979

Here are some notes from the latest Wrestling Observer newsletter:

The ratings for RAW pretty much tell the story on the HHH/Kane angle.

The Test/D'Lo match added 380,000 viewers, which Meltzer attributes mostly to the usual early growth in the show. Jericho/Xian/Vicky v. Booker/Goldust/Trish added another 250,000 viewers. The big Triple H casket segment added less than 100,000 viewers.

The Big Show v. Fat Samoans match and Shawn Michaels interview which followed the casket angle LOST 565,000 viewers. 11 percent of RAW's entire audience turned the show off after Triple H's big angle. What a success.

The main event managed to gain back another 360,000 viewers.

Some notes from last week's RAW. The show started off with 3.52 for the first quarter (Jericho/Christian v. Kane/Hurricane), it's highest quarter in a long time. The big Kane interview added about 200,000 viewers.The women's tag match added 50,000 viewers afterwards. The big drop came for the IC-3 minute segment and Dreamer/Nowinski which lost about 300,000 viewers and Booker/Show which lost almost 350,000 viewers. The Triple H/RVD match gained back 640,000 viewers.

The Survivor Series plans seem to be:

Elimination Chamber on top (Meltzer didn't seem to know what it was)

Big Show v. Lesnar

Triple H v. Kane w/ some kind of gimmick

Edge/Rey v. Benoit/Angle

Jericho/Christian v. Dudleys

There is the feeling among some that Triple H (and Regal as well) need to be taken out of production meetings because some of the agents think it interferes with the process and causes heat among the wrestlers because Triple H is a wrestler and a member of the office at the same time.

(Apparently, Triple H and his buddy William Regal are the only two wrestlers allowed to attend production meetings.)

Hogan's up for a role as the villian in the new "Superman" movie and he's going to shoot some MCI commercials with ALF.

Guest Anglesault

Big Show v. Lesnar

Edge/Rey v. Benoit/Angle

Oh, Holy Fucking God. I have no idea what an elimination chamber is, but I'm picturing the gas chamber.

Brock/Show: Maybe *

H/Kane: Maybe **

Angle/Benoit vs Edge/Rey: At least ****/12. But of course, Edge goes over Angle.

Dudleyz vs. Chris Jerichristian: Maybe ***

Great show, guys!

Guest Anglesault
More proof to my theory that D'Lo Brown is a ratings machine.

Oh Shit. What if they try to push Test because of that?

Guest Anglesault
I think I'm losing the smark of myself.

I'm looking forward to Survivor Series.

Why?

Guest teke184

Anyone ELSE think this whole situation reeks of the famous WCW line "The beatings will continue until morale improves"?

Except in this case it's "We'll push HHH down your throat and show him anally raping Kane while pouring sugar down the gas tank of Undertaker's motorcycle and you'll LIKE it because I'm Vince McMahon GODDAMMIT!"

Guest Banky

Where's Eddie gonna be on the card?

*bands head against wall*

Goddamnit

*continues banging*

Guest Anglesault
Where's Eddie gonna be on the card?

*bands head against wall*

Goddamnit

*continues banging*

Maybe they'll make the tag match a three way?

Guest Angle-plex

Big Show v. Lesnar

Edge/Rey v. Benoit/Angle

I guess I'll be ordering U.F.C. next month.

Guest Kahran Ramsus
shouldn't it be Benoit/Angle vs. Los Guerreros?

No, because the Guerreros lost to Edge & Rey on Smackdown.

Guest eiker_ir

oh, i haven't read any results this week, too busy......

they have to make it a three way somehow, we can't have two straight PPVs without Eddie...

Guest Brian

What they should be doing:

Brock vs. Edge

Benoit/Angle vs. Los Guerreros

Mysterio vs. Knoble

Elimination Chamber (Wargames-esque)

Booker vs. Jericho #1 Contender

HHH vs. RVD

And two Survivor series matches

Guest TheArchiteck
What they should be doing:

Brock vs. Edge

Benoit/Angle vs. Los Guerreros

Mysterio vs. Knoble

Elimination Chamber (Wargames-esque)

Booker vs. Jericho #1 Contender

HHH vs. RVD

And two Survivor series matches

I would order that.

Guest Brian

Actually, I'd take the stip off Booker/Jericho and have it sometime in December for the Rumble with Jericho winning, Booker winning the Rumble and Jericho/RVD and then Booker/Jericho blowoff at NWO.

Actually, I just talked to Stewart Allen who runs a UK puro site and went to the WWE show in Ireland and he said with more match-ups on the house show circuits that Brock/Edge could be a very good match. He said Brock was doing alot of cool chain spots over submission holds while working the shoulder great and selling and bumping his ass off for Edge. And he was mat wrestling.

Guest GameCop

This sounds like BS. Jericho is currently in a feud with Booker, The Guerreros are feuding with Benoit/Angle, and JR mentioned that the Dudleys will face Jericho/Christian on this week's RAW.

If Y2J, HHH, Kane, and Bubba are going to be involved in other matches, who will be in the Elimination Chamber? RVD? Yeah. Booker? Yeah. Umm...there is really no one else.

This sounds like BS. Jericho is currently in a feud with Booker, The Guerreros are feuding with Benoit/Angle, and JR mentioned that the Dudleys will face Jericho/Christian on this week's RAW.

If Y2J, HHH, Kane, and Bubba are going to be involved in other matches, who will be in the Elimination Chamber? RVD? Yeah. Booker? Yeah. Umm...there is really no one else.

HURRICANE!

...sorry, I'm a mark for the person who, for a brief time, gave the Goddess the ability to fly. ^^

...someone shoot me, I'm obsessing again.

But still, Hurricane could be a possibility for the Elimination Chamber.

Personally...I'd kinda like to see a pinfall style Battle Royal inside a modified cage for the Elimination Chamber. Everyone for themselves, winner becomes the World Champion coming out of it.

Guest Brian

They could do Hurricane/Kane/Golddust/Bubba/Spike vs. Regal/Storm/Rosie/Jamal/Rico in the elimination chamber. That could be decent, some brawling with your face bumpers.

Guest GameCop

It can't be for the world title, because HHH and Kane are feuding over it.

How can you be obsessed with Molly? She's the protypical, average girl. If you're gonna be obsessed with anyone, obsess over Trish, Torrie, or Dawn Marie, not some girl that could conceivably live next to you.

How can you be obsessed with Molly? She's the protypical, average girl. If you're gonna be obsessed with anyone, obsess over Trish, Torrie, or Dawn Marie, not some girl that could conceivably live next to you.

A few reasons.

1)Molly is a good wrestler, and has been for a while. I enjoyed her ever since her WCW days as Mona.

2)Molly REFUSES to make herself look like a slut on national television, which garners respect in my eyes. That's partly why I don't like Trish, Torrie, and Dawn that much...because they had to kiss Vince.

3)Molly looks sexy to me as either a blonde or her current color.

4)Molly, to me, has a gorgeous, shapely BUTT.

5)And finally, I like any girl that will dress up as a super-heroine on national television.

THat''s why I obsess with Molly. ^^

But if she DID concievably live next door to me...I'd probably faint in bliss at seeing her. ^^

Guest Anglesault
They could do Hurricane/Kane/Golddust/Bubba/Spike vs. Regal/Storm/Rosie/Jamal/Rico in the elimination chamber.

Well, that match would suck.

Guest HartFan86

GUYS, D-Lo/Test added 380,000 viewers? IM TELLING YOU...REFORM THE WRESTLEMANIA 15 TAG TEAM OF AWESOMNESS.

Guest Anglesault

If this results in a Test push, I'm holding all you people who watched Raw responsible.

Oh, I see, you like her virtuous character. Makes sense.

Pretty much, yeah.

Ivory's good too...though they sorta ruined her briefly with RTC.

I also like back-in-the-day Ms. Elizabeth. She showed you didn't have to go about exposing yourself to be sexy.