TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cobainwasmurdered

Guess Who Got held Up?

Guest MarvinisaLunatic
Marvin: would you have your buddy in the get-a-way truck so you could also steal a dozen bags of chips and some drinks with those lottery tickets?

Then, when you were arrested, you could claim that you were borrowing in bulk

No. But I would enlist a few people to help me scratch of the tickets as fast as they could so I could get the winners cashed in somewhere else in town before they have enough time to mark the tickets as being stolen with the codes that are on the back of em.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

It hasn't been a month. It's been like two weeks.

*checks slip*

I had two weeks. I win.

Guest Sandman9000

Damn. I had "Before he enters the store on the first day." I feel foolish.

Who had the "Before he leaves his house on the first day," and the "Before he wakes up on the first day," slips?

Guest Just call me Dan

I saw this thread coming, and I wish I could have posted it in the original CWM now works at 7-11 thread. good thing you are OK, you could have let your pride get in the way and ended up dead. Congrats on being witty and and still being alive.

Guest The Old Me

Yes we're all glad CWM is okay, but the real question is WHERE IS THE BRUISIN' BERRY?

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

Damn, CWM -- 2 weeks.

Damn, Tom -- 3 times?!?!

I worked overnight for over a year at a store like 7-11 and didn't get held up once. I've also worked other overnight jobs without an incident. <counting blessings now...>

Guest Sassquatch

It all depends on the neighborhood and the people that live there. I can honestly say that compared to some of the horror stories of being a 711 clerk that my local 711 is eons safer then most out there.

Like Tom said though, get friendly with the cops and they will be life savers (no really, they will).

Guest gthureson

An example of my Canadian crime naivete:

When I was around 23, I went to Philedelphia to visit this girl I knew who had moved down there. We stopped in at a 7/11 to pick up something to drink, and while we were leaving, I took at quick glance at the height thing at the door, to see if I matched up with all the other 7/11's. (Never know if they got it up right.)

Then I said, "Wonder what that is actually there for?"

And she, with the voice of the experienced American, said, "Thats so they can get the height of the people who hold it up. You didn't know that?"

Me: "No. I thought it was just there for decoration, you know. In case you wanted to check yourself on your way out."

She just shook her head and made some Canadian remark and kept asking me to say 'about'.

But in all honesty, it had never occured to me that that was what it was there for. Living in K-W, convenience stores just don't get held up that much, so the connection was never drawn.

Unrelated tangent: Stop the boycott of Cuba, so you can actually get real sugar cane imported again and stop using that horrid corn sugar that you put in your soft drinks.

Ugh. I drank Diet stuff while I was in Philly, 'cause I couldn't stand that taste.