TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheSaviour

Promo: Midnight Oil

Guest TheSaviour

The weekend. A time for celebration, for letting your hair down and forgetting your troubles for a few precious moments and trying to remember why you bother with the sweat and grime each and every laborious day.

For most people.

Some are allowed to enjoy the charmed life of money or power to such an extent every day is a weekend, others have the capacity to, yet refuse it. Others like Tyler McClelland, the Prophet.

It’s midnight on a Saturday night and for the last eight hours straight he has worked. He has toiled. He has sweated blood in this elaborate training facility around him. Adorned as it is with all manor of lifting equipment, weights, padded training floor, working bags and even a full size ring. However there is nothing in the room to reduce the ache in his mussels and limbs. Now they have gone far beyond pain to the extent the lactic acid build up is now numb to him. Indeed it’s with a tired effort that he spins and fires off a roundhouse kick at his opponent, who simply catches it and shakes his head sadly.

“That’s enough.” The Saviour utters in a low tone. “Your timings off, there’s now power in your movements and little more grace.”

Tyler sighs his frustrations as he pulls his leg back, stretching it out for a moment before fully regaining his posture. “I guess you’re right… I just want to be at my peek when I face Nekura.”

“Which,” The Saviour comments, while moving away to nearby desk, “You won’t be if you train any more. “You’ll rest tomorrow and all of Monday.”

Tyler nods his agreement to his coach and moves for the showers. “Right, I’m going to take a shower, clean up before I go home.”

The Saviour says nothing more as Tyler steps out, simply looking over streams of paper work and files labelled with the old IGNWF logo. “Now, let’s see what our chess pieces are up to…” He pulls forth a file with a clear picture of the SWF commissioner emblazoned on it. “Stubby…” The name is spoken like an oath. “How are you enjoying the power I wonder, now that you’re struggling to keep above water. First the kidnapping of your wife, her oh so subtle manipulation and then your deal with the devil, literally, to get her back. And if that wasn’t enough, then the IGN Corporation sells you out like trash.”

The Saviour places the file back to the ground and can’t help but a small smile escape his face. “I’m sure you’d see the funny side if you knew how easy it was to get the IGN Corporation to dance to my strings. A little tug here, a little tug there and the whole house of cards came down. I wonder just how much more pressure you can take. Well, we will find out my old friend.”

The sarcasm washes off the Saviour’s voice as he looks through his files once more, finding one that makes him look, long and hard before a bitter smile enters his features. “Nekura. I wonder if even your Clan knows how deadly you really are.” Where the tone of the monologue on Stubby was almost humorous, now it is now laced with sharp edges and deadly meaning.

“A poison, cancer that must be eliminated before you bring down everything. Yet, even you will serve my purpose, dance to my tune. You will be my tool, unwittingly of course. You will put more and more pressure on Stubby for me, bend him over and dry him out until he snaps like a brittle twig, a husk of the man he once was. And when you step up to take his place, as master of this realm, with your dogs at your back, fighting to be your alpha, then I shall come forth. Then, you will remember me, then you can fall.”

The Saviour lets out a dark smile of knowing, eyes shining with his intent and inner visions of his own making before his thoughts are broken into as his Prophet steps out into the training area again. “I’ve been wondering, when are you going to be making your move anyway?” Tyler asks his brother in arms in a simply gesture of curious nature while towel drying his hair.

“Not yet.” The Saviour replies, closing the files with a slow movement of his hands. “Certainly not on Monday, I can assure you of that. There are only so many people I can pay to go out there dressed in that ridiculous costume and get hit for me.” Both men share a sharp smile at the reference to the man who took a beating at Thoth’s hands some nights before. “But, I will not be in the shadows forever. When the time is right, they will all know who their ‘Saviour’ is.”

Tyler lets out a slight laugh and nods, obviously in good humour. “Great, just let me know when that time is, okay? So, you want to go over strategies to use against Nekura over a drink?”  The Saviour frowns slightly at his pupil for a moment. “Non-alcoholic I mean, you know I don’t drink now.”

The Saviour then nods, walking out with his friend. “Burning the midnight oil once more, your wife will be happy with me.”

“Speaking of…” The conversation between the two men drifts off into less pressing affairs as the walk out of the room, switching the lights off and plunging the place into darkness, leaving only the moonlight to highlight one thing. A file with a fresh label placed on top of an old one that says only one name. ‘The Saviour. Forget Me Knot’.

Guest BA_Baracus

PROMO (Stubby P. McWeed);

"Man...

...you know a guy's really your enemy when they have a chess piece made to look like you!

Oh...and it's 'Nekura' not 'Nakura'.

Mothernature says, the Stubby is the most powerful piece in chess..."

Guest HVilleThugg

For a "pretty-much" monolgue promo, that kept me reading.  Very, very good.  Can you teach me?  Masked man??  Please!! :)  Your SWF Champion asks for your helping hand because his shitty promos have plagued his career and left a black mark on his record.

Yeah, ummmm...sorry...tangent.  Anyway, good promo...maybe I should write one.....Nah!  No one would read it anyway.

Da "getting those creepy chills" H

Guest Chirs3

Saviour? BAH! Damn you and your unecessary vowels!

Oh... uh... good promo I suppose... I should probably read it first, but I'll take everyone else's word for it.

Guest Tyler McClelland

Thaaaank you, Mr. Savior...

This means I don't have to promo this week. Bloody marvelous.

Awesome job as always, brother...