TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ant_7000

8 Mile Soundtrack

Guest ant_7000

I got it a few days ago, and I like it hottest soundtrack since "The Show" soundtrack. Most of the songs except the Macy Gray and Young Zee songs are pretty nice. Em on most of the tracks of course (5 to be exact). But the standout songs for me were "Lose yourself", "Love me", "Rabbit Run", "Wanksta," "R.A.K.I.M" and "Battle" by Gangstarr that was vintage Guru on that one. Then I listen to the sampler I was feelin that Obie Trice "Rap name" funny stuff. So thumbs up for me. Thoughts?

Guest Sandman9000

Rabbit Run is insane. I love it. He just goes at it for three minutes and it's golden.

Guest Flyboy
Rabbit Run = ratings.

I will agree with this statement...

I downloaded the whole CD (all the MP3s on it), but I was making it for someone. I have yet to listen to the whole thing.

But, "Run Rabbit Run" is... great. 'Nuff said.

Guest Bricks

I just bought it today. Wow! "Rabbit Run" is amazing. Although the hook to Jay-Z's "8 Miles and Runnin'" is pretty addictive. It's been in my head all day.

On the sampler, I really only liked Obie Trice's "Rap Name". I'll probably give the other tracks another chance.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

"Rabbit Run" is astonishing, and definitive evidence as to why Eminem's the best rapper in eons when he just lets go.

He really saved his best for this one. "Lose Yourself" is the most anthemic thing he's put out since "The Way I Am" and has wicked live instrumentation, and "Rabbit Run" is one steady beat and 3 minutes of absolute lyrical stream of consciousness gold. Why couldn't The Eminem Show have been more of that and less of the crap like "Drips" and "Superman"?

Guest Flyboy
Why couldn't The Eminem Show have been more of that and less of the crap like "Drips" and "Superman"?

WHOA, EDWIN!

I love both of those songs... well, I like pretty much all of Eminem, but anyways.

"Superman" is a great song for the "Bitches be trippin'" mood, therefore it's gold! In my opinion, that is.

Guest DJ Jeff

I have yet to listen to the cd, but I'm hoping to buy it sometime. I have downloaded "Lose Yourself", though, and that has got to be my favorite Eminem song besides "Without Me".

Guest ant_7000

Rabbit Run is a hot song. But I like "Love Me" as the best song 50 and Obie had the best verses on there. The Obie Trice "Rap Name" is hot as well on the sampler. Edwin you didn't like "Drips" its a warning about people who sleeps around and giving their "main lovers" diesases.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

"Superman" is cheesy as all hell. I dunno. He set the standards pretty frickin' high when he dropped "Squaredance" as the 5th track on the whole album. "Superman" is all right, but it just doesn't do it for me. I suppose it's important in the entire Kim cycle, as in "I loved her, I hate her, and now I'm done with her and I'm ready for new ladies," but I still don't like it so much.

And Ant, I know what "Drips" is about...I just think it's juvenile, not one of his better rapped tracks. The wordplay's clever but my Eminem of preference is the one who's slinging fast words with great language; "Drips" is just a goof-off from where I sit.

::listens to "Criminal," and all is well::

Guest papacita

I downloaded some of it...most of what I've heard is hot (I can't stand Nas' song though). I like 8 Miles and Running (even though Jay-Z seems like he says the same thing every other song now) and R.A.K.I.M. is hot as shit. I like "Run Rabbit Run", but not as much as "Loose Yourself" though. Judging by what I've heard, it's a good album.

Guest Flyboy

Nothing will top "'97 Bonnie & Clyde" as far as the 'Kim cycle' goes. "Kim" comes quite close, but not enough.

*listens to Amityville*

Not his best song at all, but damnit, I can rap all of his parts!