TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest SP-1

Exo-Squad

Guest SP-1

I don't expect that it's on DVD, but does anyone know if this cartoon was released on video? It was one of my favorites, and it was actually fairly mature in it's content. And, if I remember correctly, it told a complete story about the Neosapien war from beginning to end, with the last episode seeing the end of the war.

Does anyone know if it's out there?

SP

Guest Madmartigan21

That would be pretty cool. I don't know of any though.

I only saw the first season of Exo-Sqad, when it was on Sunday mornings. If I remember correctly the first season ended in a cliffhanger. The resistance went to ask the pirates for help. This was particularly interesting, because the pirates hadn't been seen since the beginning and they were the reason that the "fleet"(I don't remember what the whole thing was called) was so far from Earth and thus allowed the Neo-sapiens an opening for their attack. (How's THAT for a run-on sentence.)

The show moved to weekday mornings for the second season, and I couldn't watch it do to school.

I'd say other than Gargoyles, Exo-Squad is probably the most mature cartoon I've ever seen. Speaking of which, Gargoyles is my all time favorite cartoon, and I'd love to see it on DVD.

Guest Madmartigan21

I think the hyphen was your problem when looking for it. It is spelled Exosquad.

There are five videos listed at Amazon. Unfortunately, four of the five are currently out of stock.

Guest SP-1

Thanks for the heads up on how the title is worded.

And I'd agree that Gargoyles was also fairly mature. I greatly enjoyed the story arc "movie" that kicked it off, and used to own it. Of course, considering I'm a fan of Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis from their Trek days, that made it all the more interesting for me. Keith David's voice work as Goliath was pretty dang cool, too.

I don't remember very many details about Exosquad's storyline. I just remember that it was pretty well done and detailed, and that it had continuity and the like. Hopefully, somebody will option it out and put it on DVD. Heck, I saw that Ronin Warriors has been released in the US on DVD (another beautiful series), and with the 80's cartoon nostalgia so high, it's not so far fetched.

SP

Guest art_vandelay

The show never appealed to me, but someone bought me an Exosquad toy for my birthday, and I thought that thing was awesome.

Guest SP-1

Those were some pretty good toys. I had the J.T. Marsh figure/exoframe, but we left it in a field, unkowing that a tractor was going to go through the field later. Never saw it again, not in one piece anyway.

Kaz Takagi's 'frame that was built like a jet with legs was pretty dang cool, too.

SP

Guest Kagato Otaku
Hopefully, somebody will option it out and put it on DVD. Heck, I saw that Ronin Warriors has been released in the US on DVD (another beautiful series), and with the 80's cartoon nostalgia so high, it's not so far fetched.

Urk, Ronin Warriors. Hated it. But there's reasons why its available and a show like Exosquad's not.

For one, it's shorter. 39 eps compared to Exo's 52. Secondly, it's anime. And studios are knocking the bejesus out of each other to pick up titles. The DVD market's been very lucrative to the anime industry, what with the convenience of having sub and dub on one disc.

Exosquad's domestic, and the producers probably feel there isn't a big enough demand to warrant a release. I could see it being released on Cartoon Network, if they could push one of the nine hours of Scooby Doo or DBZ away.