TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest areacode212

comic recommendations from Hurricane Helms

Guest areacode212

So, I was surfing around and came across Shane Helms's website, where, in his latest diary entry, he plugs his favorite comics:

The Comics to read right now are The Incredible Hulk [Marvel], Ultimate Spider-Man [Marvel], Powers [image], 100 Bullets [DC/Vertigo] and the JSA [DC]. In the Hulk, a little boy is accidentally killed during one of the Hulk's rampages, and now Bruce Banner is having to deal with that. Very good stuff. Ultimate Spider-Man is retelling the early life of Spider-Man but using today's settings and modern day revisions of some of the classic characters. The best Spidey ever in my opinion. Powers has always been good in it's adult take on the world of superheros. 100 Bullets is probably the best written "non-superhero" book out there. And the JSA is currently housing one of my all-time favorite "overlooked and underused" characters, Black Adam! Check these out if you get a chance.

Guest raptor
What, no love for Green Lantern?  Whassupwitdat?

I think Hurricane is more of a Hal Jordan/Green Lantern fan, so the Kyle stuff may not be enjoyable. ;)