TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest goodhelmet

Zenk comments on HHH

Guest goodhelmet

ok, i know hhh is the whipping post of smart fans and zenk criticizes him week in and week out but this excerpt from hhh's recent interview was particularly funny and one of the few laugh out loud moments i have had recently...

BM: What’s something people don’t know about Triple H outside the wrestling world? Do you enjoy long walks on the beach? Do you sing or draw?

HHH: (Laughs) I can draw. Before I got into the wrestling business, I was going to school to be an artist

TZ >> (Laughs) “I can draw” He He He!!

Guest Nevermortal
ok, i know hhh is the whipping post of smart fans and zenk criticizes him week in and week out but this excerpt from hhh's recent interview was particularly funny and one of the few laugh out loud moments i have had recently...

BM: What’s something people don’t know about Triple H outside the wrestling world? Do you enjoy long walks on the beach? Do you sing or draw?

HHH: (Laughs) I can draw. Before I got into the wrestling business, I was going to school to be an artist

That was worth a brief chuckle.

Guest I Fear Hogans Air Guitair

Hey Nevermortal do you know where the pic on your sig was taken from.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Evidently Zenk was watching WCW in 2000. :D

Guest godthedog

tom ZENK telling triple h he can't draw...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

oh the irony.

Guest Nevermortal
Hey Nevermortal do you know where the pic on your sig was taken from.

Ring of Honor, April 30th 2002, "The Night of Appreciation". The Main Event was Red & Eddie Guerrero vs. The Spanish Announce Team.

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

God, that pic in Nevermortal's sig owns on so many different levels

Oh, and HHH cam draw stick figures or something.....whatever.

Guest snowfan

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

oh the irony.

Zenk in his prime was a better worker than crips has ever been.

The fact is that in WCW you were *in your spot* and they'd stifle you to keep you in it.

Maybe if his nose was bigger...

Guest BifEverchad

I'd rather watch a Tom Zenk (Can-Am) match lately than teh Triple H garbage that they feed us on RAW week in, week out.

Guest jester

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

oh the irony.

The difference is that I don't think Tom Zenk has ever said that he was a massive draw, at least not along the lines of a real superstar. Also, I don't think he was ever crammed up our asses while Vince bashed us over the head with a water bottle screaming "YOU WILL LIKE TOM ZENK! YOU WILL LIKE TOM ZENK!" Unlike Hunter Holddown Helmsley.

Guest The Hamburglar

Is this the new myth then, that Triple H could never draw? The guy's hooooolding down is notable enough now, people don't need to go around making shit up to discredit him. He drew big in 2000 and 2001, and no it was not all Rock.

Guest goodhelmet

we're not talking about past accomplishments here. and for the most part, it was all about rock, austin and foley. currently, hhh does not draw anything except silence and/or groans from the audience during his lacklustre promos.

Guest AndrewTS
HHH drew, and everyone knows it. Zenk is bitter and jealous.

"I can draw" is present tense.

Right. =P HHH is a nothing now, yet Vince/Steph/etc can't except that. When some one is bombing as champ, ratings are slipping, despite him being booked strongly, then usually it is that person's fault. If Jericho was champ right now and ratings were slipping like this, despite how he was booked, he'd have the belt taken off him post-haste.

Guest The Hamburglar
and for the most part, it was all about rock, austin and foley.

You're right about the present, but that statement is revisionist history balls. Without Triple H, Rock and particularly Foley at the end would not have drawn as much. 2000 was very much a team effort in the WWF, and to deny that triple H was a big part of that is ridiculous. Austin was out for most of that year, so I fail to see how it was all about him at the time. People were paying through the nose to see the asshole Triple H get his comeuppance at the hands of the Rock.

Guest Mulatto Heat

Brock may not be a stellar draw, but from what I see Smackdown seems to be doing better than RAW, drawing higher numbers despite the cable vs. network rating scale.

And yes, 2000 WWF was a team effort. Can we say the same with 2002 WWE? Not really.

Guest AndrewTS
So Brock is bombing, too?

That's different. He's a Vince hand-picked Golden Boy who will be pushed as champion no matter what.

Truth be told, he's better than HHH in every way except for mic skills, but that still doesn't justify a title run.

Guest The Hamburglar

That's different. He's a Vince hand-picked Golden Boy who will be pushed as champion no matter what.

Truth be told, he's better than HHH in every way except for mic skills, but that still doesn't justify a title run.

Brock being awesome justifies a title run. He rules, and is about to go uber once he starts facing the Smackdown Elite.

Guest AndrewTS

Brock being awesome justifies a title run. He rules, and is about to go uber once he starts facing the Smackdown Elite.

Yeah, but he is retroactively proving his worth. He didn't do anything prior to winning his title to justify it, especially since there were many more deserving persons waiting in the wings.

However, he's just doing as he's told, so I have nothing personal against him like the WWE Raw Ego-Fuck Fake Championship title holder.

Guest snowfan

Brock has NEVER gotten a full on push from both shows like HGH-uh did....

HGH couldn't stand not having a title-uh so they dusted one off..

Guest jester

Actually, Brock is a good comparison for HHH.

From what I understand, HHH got to where he is because of a concentrated effort from the WWF (back then) marketing machine. They wanted him to be the top man, just like they want Brock to be the top man now. But from what I understand, HHH's ring skills and personality developed AFTER he was given the big push. As opposed to someone like Austin, who just pressed the right buttons and launched himself to stardom.

Yeah, I know about the punishment stuff for Madison Square Garden. That aside, they've long tried to convince us he's something special, most recently with the "HHH could have saved WCW" shit. Sometimes, it worked. Now, it doesn't.

HHH needs to go to the midcard and take a reduced role. He's been around at the top spot too long. They need to pace him better, I don't care if tomorrow he turns into a super soldier made from copying the DNA of Hart, Flair, and RVD.

Guest creativename

If you go by the "ratings depend on the champ" argument, then your conclusion is that you should push Brock even more. SmackDown! is doing fairly solid in the ratings; of course they're way off from what they used to be, but its off its lows of a couple months ago and has stable ratings week to week. For the first in history, SmackDown!'s network rating has occassionally been higher than Raw's cable rating. Since Brock is only on SmackDown!, the argument becomes obvious.

Of course you can't credit Brock for this entirely, or even mostly. The SmackDown! Six is probably deserving of the majority of the credit. I'm just saying that you can't use the "poor ratings" argument to justify a Brock de-push.

Guest AndrewTS

Brock de-push? No.

HHH de-push? Yes.

The guy can't keep people's butts in the seats unless he's up against some one the fans care about. He's been over-exposed and the fans are sick of him. When more than a 1/3 of your show concentrates on one wrestler, and the fans are just NOT reacting, then there's a problem.

If he had a large chunk of the airtime OCCASIONALLY and was being pushed to main event status, that wouldn't be so bad.

However, he's supposed to be a bonafide money-drawing main eventer, but he isn't.

He isn't Rock, or Austin, or even a Jericho (Jericho was drawing better even with shitty booking than HHH was as champ).

He sucks, we're sick of him, get him the fuck off most of the TV. I'm not calling up for him to be jobbing to Crash Holly clean, but he doesn't have any place in the top spot.

Guest AndrewTS
Actually, Brock is a good comparison for HHH.

From what I understand, HHH got to where he is because of a concentrated effort from the WWF (back then) marketing machine. They wanted him to be the top man, just like they want Brock to be the top man now. But from what I understand, HHH's ring skills and personality developed AFTER he was given the big push. As opposed to someone like Austin, who just pressed the right buttons and launched himself to stardom.

Yeah, I know about the punishment stuff for Madison Square Garden. That aside, they've long tried to convince us he's something special, most recently with the "HHH could have saved WCW" shit. Sometimes, it worked. Now, it doesn't.

HHH needs to go to the midcard and take a reduced role. He's been around at the top spot too long. They need to pace him better, I don't care if tomorrow he turns into a super soldier made from copying the DNA of Hart, Flair, and RVD.

Back in 99 when they were giving HHH the monster push, we didn't have the abundance of talent waiting to break through like now. Rock was already a bonafide main eventer, but HHH had recently broke out of the D-X mode, where he was a very over mid-carder. They pushed him heavily, and by sheer willpower he busted his ass and began putting on good matches, giving better interviews, and getting heat by himself. They OVER-PUSHED him, but he was doing his best to show he was worth it.

Now, we have talents who already have all the tools necessary to be main eventers. They don't need a McMahon "oomph," but they are stuck in limbo right now while Brock is being pushed and HHH is getting pushed.

Brock is getting over.

HHH can only get cheap heat at most.

No comparison, I'm sorry.