• Why Bother?
    • Across the Sea
    • The Good Life
    • El Scorcho
    • Pink Triangles
    • Falling For You
    • Butterfly

Guest Dmann2000

This is regarded as the Best Weezer album usually, so what do you think is the best song on it?

Guest Phr33k

Scorcho. Weezer is one of the bands from right now that I can tolerate, and that distinction deserves respect.

Guest Nevermortal

"Watching Grunge legdrop New Jack through a Press Table!"

El Scorcho. One of the only Weezer songs I like.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

"Across the Sea," though you could easily make a case for any of these being a fine choice. The only ones that don't leap out and scream "I might be the best song!" to me are "No Other One" and "Falling For You," and they're still damn fine in their own right.

Such woe I feel seeing how low the Weez has sunk after putting out two really great power-pop-rock masterpieces so early in their careers. Ho-hum.

Guest goodhelmet

i picked 'falling for you' simply because it is the song i connect with the most.

Guest LooseCannon

I'm going to have to pick "the good life." I don't particularly like the song, but the line "just cause I like sugar in my tea," is the best moment on that whole album.

Guest Incandenza

Depends on my mood. I voted "Getchoo" cuz it rocks da hizzy (and it's been getting no love here), but it could have easily been "The Good Life." I find "El Scorcho" overrated; it has a memorable chorus, but the rest of the song is lacking.

Guest LooseCannon

Well it does have the "watching Grunge legdrop New Jack through a press table" line, but that's more than balanced by the stupidity of

"cause I can't even look in your eyes without shakin'

And I ain't fakin'

I'll bring home the turkey if you bring home the bacon"

"Getchoo" probably is the best all around song, though I like "Why Bother" too for personal, sentimental reasons. "Tired of Sex" is a nice song too, it just appalls me that that little bastard Rivers Cuomo thinks I'm going to feel sorry for him.

Guest Cerebus The Aardvark

"The Good Life" destroys every other song they've ever written. It also destroys 99% of all the songs ever written period.

That is all.

Guest imajackoff?

El Scorcho barely edges out Across the Sea

I listen to this cd every sunday morning at work. I have to be there at 6am and there isnt JACK on the radio at that time on sundays.

Guest Kinetic

The thing about "El Scorcho" is that it sucks. Seriously. It's a little nothing song buoyed by the fact that it has a big-ass singalong chorus, the most manipulative of all rock conventions. I'd say the best songs on Pinkerton are "Getchoo" and "The Good Life."

Guest Incandenza

I'd say that more people like the song for the wrestling reference than anything else, but that would only apply as far as this board. I know plenty of Weezer fans outside of this place who think "El Scorcho" is their finest moment, and I'm baffled as to why. It's okay at best; the only truly memorable thing about it is the opening salvo "goddamn you half-Japanese girls."

Guest Dmann2000

I just really love "Across the Sea", which is why I gave it my vote at the beginning. Underneath it all I'm a softie I guess and the song just builds towards the end with so much emotion, I love it.

"I got your letter, you've got my song"

Guest Incandenza

Yes, but the song also contains an allusion to masturbation, as well as a bizarre passage about shaving his head like a monk's in order to impress the ladies. That's not a criticism--I like the song--but "Across the Sea" isn't as sweet as you would imply.

Guest Cerebus The Aardvark
Yes, but the song also contains an allusion to masturbation, as well as a bizarre passage about shaving his head like a monk's in order to impress the ladies. That's not a criticism--I like the song--but "Across the Sea" isn't as sweet as you would imply.

It's like the clever people saying REM's "The One I Love" is a sweet, nice song.

"El Scorcho" is the worst song on Pinkerton, IMO. It's not offensive or anything, but fuck it's boring. I kinda think "Across The Sea" is boring as well, although I really dug it at first. "The Good Life" was the song that got me into Weezer, as I hated "Undone" and found "Buddy Holly" to be merely tolerable; I ran across the video to "The Good Life" in early '97 on M2, and fell in love with it...the rest is history.

The more I think about it, the less amazing Pinkerton is...it's just so much better than their other albums that it seems to be one of the greatest albums ever.

Guest Dmann2000

Hey now, masturbation can be sweet.... :huh: I guess...I still like the song though