TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Just call me Dan

WWE RAW 2 for X-Box pics pt.1

Guest Just call me Dan

These pics were just recently released by IOWgames.com, and though I am amazed at the visuals, this game is advertising mosty HHH, Rock and Undertaker, when the direction of the company has really shifted more towards orientating the brand split, and focusing more on guys like Lesnar, Edge, of course HHH (plenty of screenshots of him) and Kane. Taker was a focal point, but not feuding with Rock much, and The Rock has been gone since Summerslam. Just seems like this game is going to be an improvement, but way behind the times, like the first installment. And the third pic is just excellent (kidding)

014.jpg

Backstage elements are definitely a plus compared to the first RAW

013.jpg

I miss the Rock

003.jpg

BOOOO!!!!!!

002.jpg

He definitely should have kept the beard

004.jpg

implants?

005.jpg

No bacne? Bah!

006.jpg

I'm stating to think there might be 5 wrestlers available in this game.

Guest Just call me Dan

007.jpg

Finally!

008.jpg

O.J. Simpson is in this game?

010.jpg

The HHH Show! Coming soon to X-Box!

011.jpg

He seems a bit too skinny.

012.jpg

Glad I don't have to sit through this Hell in a Cell sleeper.

Guest KingOfOldSchool

Well, there is still tons of refinement left, isn't the game still half a year down the line? So I can forgive the emphasis the initial screenshots give to Rock and Taker, and their feud. And naturally, of course you'd want to work on and present your bigger stars' character models and screens first. Hell, RVD's character model isn't complete, and neither is the crowd in the stands (though I suppose for realism, you might as well present the stands as half-full anyway). As it stands, they probably only began working on more developed graphics around SummerSlam time.

Besides that, I'd be happy enough if A) Austin was in the game, and B) they came through with more options and a career mode. The basics were already there for an outstanding game, now they just have to capitalize on what the first-gen version of the game laid out.

Guest Just call me Dan

100 % agreed.

They are still advertising Austin and even DDP in the game (this is quite recently I might add).

Problem is, the screens we got halfway through developement last time WERE the actual game. Think about it.

There is still plenty of time left, but current speculation looks bad for updates.

Guest KingOfOldSchool

True, but at least this time around, Anchor goes in knowing what the XBox can do and how to properly develop for it. And that gives me more hope for a game done right.

Guest AnnieEclectic

two things will help greatly, and one is an already added feature - custom themes ripped to the HDD. That is #1

Secondly, Career mode needs more secrets, rewards, and depth, those were RAWs two faults. Once you unlocked the McMahon family and FRED "WHY THE FUCK AM I IN THIS GAME" DURST, that was it and you didn't want to play anymore.

Depth, depth, depth. No Mercy had it in spades, will we see it some through in RAW2?

-Annie

Guest Lethargic

Who cares if Austin, DDP or the Rock or whoever is in it? Just because DDP has retired doesn't mean he can't be in the game. Why not leave him in? The more wrestlers the better. If it was me I'd put every wrestler since 90 in there. Then there might be some good ones instead of just the shitty people they have now.

Guest Mattdotcom

Geez, the Undertaker from these shots (the one that weighs 180 pounds) is trashier looking than ever. If DDP is in the game, it's for the sole purpose of calling 'Taker "Scummertaker" or, in true DDP fashion, "The 'Scum' Undertaker! BANG!"

Guest MillenniumMan831
The characters look like something out of Batman, the animated series.`

DAMN . . . You're right!

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

004.jpg

Stacy couldn't believe that the ghost of John Holmes lived up to the myth. :lol:

Guest Jobber of the Week

All that matters is that I can remake 1998 WWF, complete with entrance themes.

Guest DJ Jeff

So, when is the game scheduled to be a released? Okay, I know that's a stupid question right now, but anyone have any idea as to roughly when it will be out?

Guest jimmy no nose

It's scheduled for March 10 in North America and the release dates for the rest of the world are still unknown.

Guest jimmy no nose

I just saw that after you said it. What realism. The whole front section is filled, but the rest of the arena behind that is completely empty.

Guest Jobber of the Week

For what it's worth, they've shown full arenas in their videos, including a crowd that actually puts down their signs and pops during finishers and high spots.

However, that was prior to this new comic book inspired art style