TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kahran Ramsus

2002-03 NFL Playoff Predictions

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Okay. Week 10 has come and gone, and our playoff picture is coming into focus. Post your predictions on who makes the playoffs here.

I'll start with the NFC, since it is easier.

Philadelphia, Green Bay, Tampa Bay, San Francisco & New Orleans are in, I'm sure we can all pretty much agree on that. That leaves the Giants, Falcons, Cardinals, Redskins & Rams to fight over the final spot, with nobody else really having a shot.

I will eliminate the Rams first. Warner is coming back, Faulk is questionable for Monday's game, and they have a horrible road trip coming up after the home game against the Bears, not to mention a game against the mighty Niners. The Rams can afford to lose no more than one game, and make the playoffs. They won't do it.

The Cards are screwed, they will be lucky if they win more than their lone game against Detroit for the rest of the year.

The Giants & Redskins are both .500 level teams, that could get lucky with decent schedules The Giants just beat Washington, so I would give them the edge.

That leaves the Falcons, off a tie with the talented Steelers, and with a pathetically easy schedule coming up (only New Orleans & Tampa are any threats). This is your 2nd Wild Card. It doesn't really matter though, since the Top 5 are clearly better than everyone else in the Conference, and they will be looking at a first round lost @TB or @PHI.

The AFC is wide open, with the exception of the two top seeds (Broncos & Steelers).

Anybody (even the Jets) can still win the east, and probably at least one of them will get a Wild Card spot. Miami is freefalling, and have a couple of cold weather games later in the year (@BUF, @NE). Not only do I not think they will win the division, but they are my pick for LAST. The Jets have a bad schedule coming up (BUF, @OAK, DEN, @NE, GB), they need to win both divisional games to make it, and even then it is iffy. New England is pretty bad, but with the exception of @OAK, they should be able to win all their remaining games. Buffalo has three potential losses (@KC, @NE, @GB). Therefore, I pick New England to win the division, Buffalo to get a Wild Card, and the other two are out of luck. I shall return later.

The other divisional race is not nearly as exciting, due to the fact they all suck. Indy's big win against the Eagles puts them in the driver's seat, but Tennessee has it much easier down the stretch. The Texans are out, and the Jags don't appear to have much left. Tennessee wins the division, and Indy fights for the WC.

Now, we come to the final WC spot with the main contenders being, San Diego, New York, Indy, Cleveland, Baltimore, Oakland & KC. We'll deal with the West first, because only one can get it. San Diego is in trouble, but they have more room for error. Oakland is freefalling, and KC has a shot at .500 but no more. San Diego pulls out second, but falls out of the WC spot. Baltimore should beat out Cleveland for second spot in the North, leaving New York, Baltimore & Indy. Fortune smiles on the Colts this day, as that win against the Eagles will put them over the top, with everything but their game against Denver winnable.

Final Results:

AFC (New England, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Denver, Buffalo, Indianapolis)

NFC (Philadelphia, Green Bay, Tampa Bay, San Francisco, New Orleans, Atlanta)

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Let's see what we have here:

NFC

Eagles win the East

Packers win the North

Saints win the South

Niners win the West

Wild Cards go to Tampa Bay and Atlanta

In the AFC:

Patswin the East

Steelers win the North

Colts win the South

Broncos win the West

Wild Cards go to the Chargers and Bills

Guest cartman
Let's see what we have here:

NFC

Eagles win the East

Packers win the North

Saints win the South

Niners win the West

Wild Cards go to Tampa Bay and Atlanta

In the AFC:

Patswin the East

Steelers win the North

Colts win the South

Broncos win the West

Wild Cards go to the Chargers and Bills

Hate to be boring and repetitive but this is exactly how I see it right no as well.

Guest steelbell97

AFC

1. Denver - west

2. Pittsburgh - north

3. New England - east

4. Tennessee - south

5. San Diego - wild card

6. Buffalo - wild card

NFC

1. San Francisco - west

2. New Orleans - south

3. Green Bay - north

4. Philadelphia - east

5. Tampa Bay - wild card

6. Atlanta - wild card

Guest Choken One

NFC West

------------------

S.F 49ers

Stl. Rams

Seattle Seahawks

Arizona Cardinals

NFC North

--------------

Green Bay Packers

Detroit Lions

Chicago Bears

Minnesota Vikings

NFC EAST

------------

PhillY Eagles

New York Giants

Washington Rskins

Dallas Cboys

NFC South

-------------

Tampa Bay Bucs

Atlanta Falcons

New Orleans Saints

Carolina Panthers

Wild Cards- St. Louis and Atlanta.

AFC West

-------------

Denver Broncos

San Diego Chargers

Oakland Raiders

K.C Chiefs

AFC North

--------------

Pittsburgh Steelers

Baltimore Ravens

Cleveland Browns

Cincy Bengals

AFC East

---------------

New England Patriots

Miami Dolphins

New York Jets

Buffalo Bills

AFC South

---------------

Indy Colts

Tennessee Titans

Jacksonville Jags

Houston Texans

Wild Cards- San Diego and Miami.

NFC Playoffs

St. Louis Rams(13) At Tampa Bay Bucs (9)

Atlanta Falcons(17) at Philly Eagles (20) OT

St. Louis Rams(13) at Green Bay (27)

Philly Eagles(10) at S.F 49ers (17)

S.F 49ers(20) At Green Bay (31)

NFC Champion: Green Bay Packers

AFC Playoffs

San Diego Chargers(20) at Indy Colts(10)

Miami Dolphins(17) at Pittsburgh Steelers (6)

San Diego Chargers(13) at New England Pats (16)

Miami Dolphins(24) at Denver Broncos (3)

Miami Dolphins(18) at New England Patriots (26)

AFC Champions: New England Patriots

Super Bowl

San Diego

Green Bay Packers Vs New England Patriots

27- 17.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

IMO, the Bills have a tougher remaining schedule than the Dolphins. If the Dolphins can steal a game or 2 until Fiedler comes back, they'll be OK. With Fiedler, they're arguably the top team in the division (beat Jets, Pats, Lucas blew the Bills game). And going to play in cold weather shouldn't be a problem (they won the division 2 years ago in the cold at the Pats).

Dolphins schedule

Baltimore

San Diego

at Buffalo

Chicago

Oakland

at Minnesota

at New England

Bills schedule

at Kansas City

at NY Jets

Miami

at New England

San Diego

at Green Bay

Cincinnati

Fiedler's injury has really hurt the Dolphins, but if they can pick up a win or 2, and then get Fiedler back, they can at least get 1 of the wildcard spots.

Guest Choken One

Actully, they do in terms of mathmatical but in realistic terms...Yeah fucking right. Look for a 4-12 season with Holmgreen firing Holmgreen. Ya, How dare this stupid fuck, who ran behind the heels of Farve think he was some sort of genius to be a G.M.

Only coach today that can Coach/G.M? Shanahan and MAYBE Fassel.

Guest Kahran Ramsus
Actully, they do in terms of mathmatical but in realistic terms...Yeah fucking right. Look for a 4-12 season with Holmgreen firing Holmgreen. Ya, How dare this stupid fuck, who ran behind the heels of Farve think he was some sort of genius to be a G.M.

Only coach today that can Coach/G.M? Shanahan and MAYBE Fassel.

And Sherman.

Guest goodhelmet

i pick the same two teams every year to go to the super bowl so this year will be no different... green bay and pittsburgh. my two favorite teams no less.

Guest DrTom

I'll weigh in on this when Week 15 is in the books, the division pictures are still muddy but have shaken out a little more, and the all-important TIEBREAKERS~! are being discussed.

Guest Flyboy

Doesn't matter...

My Saints are going to be in, so I'm happy either way. Although, they'll probably get beat in the first round, but still!

Guest converge241

your update on "if the season ended today who would the playoff teams be":

afc

(in order)

den

pitt

ten

mia

sd

oak

pats - 7 - confrence tiebreaker

indy - 8- same deal

buf - loses head to head with pats, and confrence tiebreaker

nfc

gb

no (has wins over tb and sf)

sf

phi

tb

atl

nyg (with ike "we are a playoff team" hillard) are in 6 1/2 place thanks to kissing sister game

then a bunch of ham and eggers- and st louis who is edging that line of must win all games

now , who i think will be there all said and done:

(again in order)

oak

pitt

ne

indy

den

sd

NFC

GB

TB

SF

phi

NO

stlouis

gun to my head super bowl:

GB vs Pitt

im not real comfortable with that pick though cause things will change between now and week 17, based on the season so far

Guest Rabbi_wilson13

Wooo...Spaceman Spiff, showing the love.

Steelers aren't going to make it close to the Super Bowl. They haven't beaten anybody yet, and you can blame the tie on Sunday on Cowher if you please, but he wasn't out there playing.

My picks (Optional to change every week, since it's the NFL, and it's faaaaantastic.

AFC:

1. Steelers

2. Broncos

3. Colts

4. Phins

5. Raiders

6. Pats

NFC:

1. Packers

2. Eagles

3. 49ers

4. Saints

5. Falcons

6. Bucs

In the playoffs, on the AFC side of things, I have the Phins going over the Raiders and the Pats over the Colts. In divisionals, the Patriots roll over Pittsburgh (again) and in a rematch of a phenomenal game, the Phins manage to tip the Broncos. Dolphins/Pats, Round 3, with the victory going to the Fiedler-equipped Dolphins, 34-31.

In the NFC, the Bucs can't perform in the playoffs again, losing to a balanced attack of Garcia and Hearst while the Saints and Falcons go at it in another classic, with the Dirty Birds picking up the win. We hit divisional, where the up and down Eagles have a down day when Garcia passes quicker than they can blitz and move on to the Championship. In yet another rematch, the Falcons survive a war in Lambeau as Favre and Vick the light world afire, setting up the Dirty Birds @ 49ers. Vick and Co. win that one as well, and you have a Dolphins/Falcon Super Bowl.

Oh I know, the pick of the Falcons right about now is insane and totally improbable, as is the Dolphins as they remain in their current freefall. Truth be told, nobody would of picked the Pats or Ravens the past couple of years either until the both of them started to roll. Even then there were critics. So these predictions are probably very wrong, and that makes me happy, because as soon as you can start doing this correctly, the league just got very unenjoyable.

The NFL: Greatest Show on Earth.

(Thank God it's not playoffs in March, or I'd just be sitting around with a smile on my face all day.)

Guest cabbageboy

Call me crazy but I think Indy could be a very dangerous team if they win their division, or even get in the playoffs. Their win over Philly stunned me (not so much that they won but crushing them). Colts aren't consistent enough to get to the SB, but they can take out anyone on a good day.

The Packers pretty much have to win the NFC, I might vomit at the Saints or Bucs in the Super Bowl.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

If the Packers get the #1, they win the NFC. If they don't, they might have some trouble. A trip to New Orleans, Tampa or Atlanta is not a good thing.

Guest Choken One

Nobody save for Marshall Faulk on his best day will be able to shut down Farve and the pack at Lambeau.

Let's face it...

Rematch of Super Bowl XXXII.

Green Bay Vs Denver

coincidently...Game takes place in San Diego again.