TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kaoz

A decision you've gladly or regretfully made...

Guest Kaoz

One of the decisions I gladly made was choosing Final Fantasy 7 over WCW Nitro. Back then I just got a Playstation (My brother convinced me to buy it instead of a N64 which was another good decision) and I didn't really know anything about the PS games. I had just picked up the Gamepro issue and saw the review of WCW Nitro which received a 4.5 for fun factor. At this time I never knew Gamepro did some pretty shitty reviews so I was seriously considering WCW Nitro. Well one day in school, I was looking at one of my friends game mag, which had a huge ass section dedicated to FF7 and I went home with my friend's mag to show my brother this awesome looking game. My dad promised us to buy a game on the weekend so we had a decision to make...FF7 or Nitro. Luckily Nitro wasn't found so we got FF7 instead and this was the game that made my Playstation so addictive. Later on I got to play Nitro on the OPM demo disc and although it had pretty good graphics, it was the worst wrestling game I ever played!

Guest MikeSharp12

My decision also involves FFVII...

Back in the day, I went to buy my Playstation, and my mother said she'd buy me any two games that I wanted.  Instead of picking Final Fantasy VII (which I hadn't heard too much about), I got Die Hard Trilogy (a fun game, but one that should be rented instead of bought) and Triple Play 98 (not a fun game, period).  Of course, later on I ended up stealing FFVII from a kid down the street, so it all worked out okay, I guess.  

Also, a few months ago (when amazon.com was having that "Buy 2, Get one free" deal), I decided to get Metal Gear Solid, NBA Live 2002, and FIFA 2002.  Metal Gear is probably a good game (although I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet), but Live and FIFA are horrid (FIFA isn't as bad as Live, though).

Guest Don Becker

I got a $50 gift certificate to Electronics Boutique from my future in-laws last Christmas, and had decided to get Splashdown.  Then, I sat down with my future brother-in-law to play THPS3 and was immediately hooked.  So when I went to EB, I was torn between Splashdown and THPS3 - and ended up getting both when I saw both in the "Pre-Owned" bin.

I'm glad I ended up with THPS3, because Splashdown, while fun, didn't have much replay value.

Guest Slapnuts00
Also, a few months ago (when amazon.com was having that "Buy 2, Get one free" deal), I decided to get Metal Gear Solid, NBA Live 2002, and FIFA 2002.  Metal Gear is probably a good game (although I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet), but Live and FIFA are horrid (FIFA isn't as bad as Live, though).

Choosing NBA 2K2 over Live 2002 for the PS2 :D

Guest teke184

Favorable: Defender of the Crown over Tag Team Wrestling for the NES.  

Unfavorable: Tomb Raider over Twisted Metal 2 on PS1, back when both were brand new.  I'm sorry, but Tomb Raider sucks unless you want to see breasts rendered in polygons.

Guest Youth N Asia

Mine would be choosing a Sega Master System over an NES...I eventually got both systems...but I just had way more fun with the SMS...the games were just better.

And reflecting back...I have my Master System...with the box...with instructions and styrafoam (sp, can't spell)...and I have 50 games for it...you can find NES stuff everywhere, but how often are you going to run across a Phantasy Star, or an Alex Kidd in Shinobi World.

And check out www.segamastersystem.com

The guy has put together a good site.

Guest Will Scarlet

Favourable: Wild Arms 2 over Suikoden 2.  Basically, I bought both games at once. Of course, I had to choose which one I was going to actually play.  I was more into Wild Arms 2 at the time, so I picked it to play instead of Suikoden 2.  It was fun, and it lead to an interesting conversation with my a friend about the rather odd story happens in the game. For the time, the choice worked perfectly. Like a year and a half later, I finally touched Suikoden 2, and I really enjoyed it. I seemed to enjoy it in a way I probably would not have had I played it a year and a half earlier, and it is now one of my favourite games.  

Worst: Probably Xena: The Warrior Princess over...well...anything else in the store.  Apparently, I had a very bad lapse in memory when I was purchasing games at this point.  I also remember purchasing WCW Mayhem around this time as well.  Xena was horrid, and, to top it all off, had I waited a week, I could have bought it for like $20 or $30 Canadian, instead of the $60 Canadian I had paid for it.  

(Dis)Honourable mention goes to choosing the aforementioned Xena game, WCW Mayhem, and Final Fantasy 7(which I just did not like.) over Suikoden 2 when I decided to break out the old games that I had bought, but never beaten, when I was running into a shortage of new games that really interested me.

Guest wrestlemaniac16

Buying Aerofighters Assault for the 64, that was a dumb decision, and buying Virtua Fighters 2 for 50 bucks for the genesis. The game isn't bad, but I had a chance to go to a a buy one get one free sale at Babbages, but I couldn't make it to store in time. I'd always wonder what would have happened if I made it to the sale.

Guest Shaved Bear
Legends of Wrestling over GTA3. WTF was I thinking?!?!?!

jeez i dont know

Guest redbaron51

Best decision is getting an X-Box over a Gamecube. After my friend got it, I was disappointed with it.

Worst:

Getting NFL 2K2 over NFL Fever

Guest mesepher

I bought WWF Super Wrestlemania for SNES with my birthday money years and years ago... 60 or 70 bucks for the first WWF game on Super Nintendo... any one who has played it knows how BAD this game is!

Selling my SEGA to the neighbors was also a bad move.

Investing in WWF Attitude for 64 the day it came out was a bad move... especially after I knew how the gameplay was on War Zone.

Guest Shaved Bear

when i first bought my snes, i needed a game and i picked home alone 2 over super mario world