TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Electrifyer

Question About Temporary Files

Guest The Electrifyer

I'm trying to clean up my computer and I found two folders C://Temp and C://Windows/Temp. One of the folders total to about 300+mb. I was just wondering, can I delete those files without interfering with the operatoin of other programs?

Guest deadbeater

You usually can delete them, but check first if any programs you are currently running require those temp files.

Guest Eagan469

Go start-programs-accesories-system tools-disk cleanup

Choose your hard-drive, and it'll show how much MB's of junk is in your temporary folder. Check the box next to it, then click OK to delete those files.

Guest MentallyNormal

Yeah you should have no problems with deleting them. Those folders are where temporary files go for instance when you install a program. Hence the name TEMP.

So yeah like they said,you can delete them and should have no problems.

Guest BaldFish

You should be able to delete all of the files. If some of them are memory swap files (ie, in use at that time), your OS won't LET you delete them. If you can delete them, you're almost certainly safe to do so.

Go start-programs-accesories-system tools-disk cleanup

Choose your hard-drive, and it'll show how much MB's of junk is in your temporary folder. Check the box next to it, then click OK to delete those files.

You can also open my computer, right click on the hardrive, select properties, and "disk clean up" should be right there on the general tab.

It does the same thing, thats just another way of doing it.

ChUnK!