TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

nwatna.com site overhaul

The official NWA:TNA webpage is undergoing a site overhaul

See for yourself

In my opinion, its baout time to. There website was awful before, and it just made them a look a little un proffesional in my opinion.

So, what would all you TNA fans like to see on the new site?

I think some more in depth bio's and results would be good. And how about some pictures from shows, and of the roster?

Im not sure if they had this before, but an online shop would be good, and what about a forum or chat room.

All these things sound good to me, anyone else got any suggestions?

ChUnK!

Guest Slapnuts00

Actually they had most of that stuff before! They always posted results and exclusive pictures of the shows from ringside. They also had a merchandise section but it only features some TNA shirts and hats and the AJ Styles shirt.

A forum and chat for the fans would be nice.

Guest dreamer420

I think it's hard for them to post bios because their roster changes daily. Well written bios of their top established stars should be on there as well as title histories, merchandise, and interviews.

Guest brokentusk16

I know it would be hard for them, but it would be nice to get an offical roster page set up similar to WWE's (with pictures, bio, and title history). Maybe they could just put up bio's on their most recurring and under contract talent (Jarrett, Killings, Lynn, AJ, SAT's, Elvises, Malice, Goldylocks, ect).

Guest Slapnuts00

Hey check out the site now!!! The whole site isn't up, but there's a flash into advertising Jarret vs. The Truth, kinda like WCW's old website before PPVs.

Guest Gary Busey

I actually *really* dislike the Flash introduction. From the poor utilization of the basic fundamentals of text and font to the choppy, meaningless background and the color palette that doesn't really fit a theme.

There are good reasons introduction's like these aren't used anymore by large, well designed sites:

* Broadband is still not prevalent enough to allow for quick loading, high quality movies. Notice the degraded quality of the photos-- the compression artifacts are really strong and detract from the overall work. The limited colors and poorly looped background all are used to reduce file size, but they totally negate the reason for having the introduction.

* When people visit sites, they don't want to wait to get to the data and media of the site. It's like when you watch TV, you don't want to see ads, you want to see the show. The majority of surfers immediately search for the "Skip Intro" button.

Notice how the WWE site doesn't use Flash introductions anymore? They don't enhance the site, they detract from it. If I want to see advertisements for matches like this, I want to do so at my discretion using streaming video. Giving the user more control over the delivery of content means a happier user.

The previous NWA TNA site was, I thought, a fresh step up from nearly every other promotion's site (including the WWE's). It wasn't cluttered with unneeded advertisements, unneeded bells and whistles (that ultimately distract from the viewing experience, like Javascript, too much Flash, etc.) The only thing it needed was more content and a little spit and polish.

I was disappointed to see that NWA TNA still don't have their site up. In most cases (and especially a company that depends on the majority of its customers to be net users), the downtime between relaunches should be kept to less then 24 hours. When you take down a site, the replacement should be ready to go just about instantly to reduce confusion and keep viewer retention.

Sorry if I seem like I'm complaining a bit too much, but being in the design field and working in new media for last couple of years, some things really bug me. I see all sorts of promotions creating sites that mimic the WWE site or the old WCW one. We don't need crappy add-on's to make the site better, straight forward content delivery with a nice, solid, polished look are very appreciated by users. From a design point of view, start fresh and create something new and exciting-- just like the NWA TNA product itself.

Guest Eagan469

That flash animation is just...sad

Looks like Jerry Jarrett is getting into web design at the ripe age of 89 :P

Guest dreamer420

Considering what their old website used to look like I'd say the flash is pretty good.

Guest BoboBrazil

This is ridiculous. Their site has been down almost 2 weeks and it still isn't all the way back up yet. Didn't they consider actually finishing the new site before taking down the old one? The flash animation looks very amateurish also.

Guest eirejmcmahon

Well we all know who's responsible for NWATNA's web presence so we shouldn't be too surprised with the fact that they've had no website for two weeks.

Hey, has Dave"there's a typo on Nidia's profile over on WWE"@1wrestling.com put the boot into NWATNA for this ?