Sign in to follow this  
Guest saturnmark4life

Bands you WANT to see

Guest saturnmark4life

tool

melvins

butthole surfers

morrissey

i think that's pretty much it off hand, i bet i NEVER see the butthole surfers unless i go to texas or something, though bands i really really really really want to see again would be

frank black and the catholics

NOFX

rammstein

because all three were just so very, very good.

Guest The Metal Maniac

If I can see Maiden live, I'll die a happy man.

Though, at this rate, I'll take just about ANYONE half-decent in concert. Not too many bands come out this way anymore (Maiden and Metallica were both here in the early/mid-eighties), and as a result, I've only actually been able to see the Misfits.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

**seeing Misfits on Saturday**

Only two bands I want to see before I die:

Metallica and Shadows Fall.

Guest Kinetic

I find that live music is especially good when it rocks, so I'd have to say Trail of Dead. Conversely, I'd also like to see Belle and Sebastian live but almost exclusively for the female element that it undoubtedly brings in.

Guest LooseCannon

There're a lot of bands that I'd like to see that I haven't seen, but no one I'm particularly desperate to see anymore that I haven't already seen. Maybe if the Pixies ever reformed, but barring that, I don't know. I've already seen all of my other favorites that are still together.

Guest Incandenza

I don't want to mention any bands that are still together, as the chance always exists that I'll get to see them. With that in mind, I would love to have seen Velvet Underground live. I'd also shave my nut hair to see the Talking Heads, but, as things stand, the Stop Making Sense DVD ain't shabby for a substitute.

Guest Kotzenjunge

It's fairly obvious who I want to see.

As far as bands, I don't really want to see any, as no bands really have ever made me want to see them live, and my latest Pop fandom has been all that has gotten me into the idea of going to a concert. The idea of seeing bands live just doesn't excite me.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Oh man, live shows are the best. Great atmosphere, tons of fun, not to mention the girls at the bigger shows. Local gigs are usually at least fun because of the surroundings and the fact that you're right there for the band. Nothing more fun than a good brutal death band in a small venue with about 300 or 400 nutcases in attendance. When I saw Nasum, it was in a place like that, and I seriously wouldn't have been surprised to see someone get decapitated. Everyone was smashed together and it was louder than anything I've ever heard. Totally insane. Same with Lividity, they were extra-sick when I saw them. The place was fuckin' intense. Even mellow stuff can be fun live, but only in a small venue. I'd never check out an arena show of something that wasn't heavy, it just gets impersonal and cheesy at that point.

Guest Si82

Well I have already seen my favourite band ever, Madness, and I'm going to see them again on the day after my birthday (11th December). However, I would love to see The Hives, Foo Fighters, White Stripes and Metallica live.

Guest redbaron51

Metallica is awesome to see live.

I'd like to see:

Iron Maiden

Opeth

Pearl Jam

Guest notJames

Tool

Morrissey (good choices, saturnmark)

Tenacious D

And if by some miracle they ever got back together, I'd love to see That Dog one more time.

Guest ryankeast

I'd have to say Rolling Stones, U2 and the least chance The Who and Led Zeppelin.

All the classics :D

Guest TheyCallMeMark

I want to see Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Queens Of The Stone Age, Santana and EYES ADRIFT BABY!!!!

Guest Harry Hood

I would seriously shit my pants if tomorrow it was announce that Roger Waters rejoined Pink Floyd and was going to tour.

And now that Phish's Hiatus has ended, I can die a happy man.

Also Pearl Jam

Guest converge241

Ive seen everybody i want to see except for

Smiths (thye are talking reunion)

Pop Will Eat itself (probably never happen)

Pink Floyd (cmon guys one more tour)

ive seen almost everyone listed here so far I went to many a shows in my youth

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Excuses, excuses...

They'll be touring in 2003, so you have your chance. They'll most likely end the tour in Seattle for a couple shows.

Guest T®ITEC

The only band I've live: Foo Fighters... It was at the 2002 Games. They played a set at one of the medal ceremonies. It was about 15 degrees outside and I thought I was going to freeze before they played.

I've always wanted to see REM, Elvis Costello, Lenny Kravitz, the Cure, Metallica, and Pearl Jam live. I will probably never get the chance to see any of them, but hey. It would be fun to see some rap group play, too.