TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Your Olympic Hero

Mr. Wrestling III

Guest Your Olympic Hero

I haven't been following NWA TNA very much, other than reading Dames reviews. I just read on WrestlingObserver.com in a review of an old WCW Worldwide that Steve Armstrong is infact Mr. Wrestling III. Is this writer just guessing, or have they come out and said this already? Someone help me out here?

Guest ryankeast

I believe Armstrong was under the mask on a few occassions but i doubt he will be the culprit for the angle.

I'm pretty sure it will be Mark Sanders.

Guest J*ingus

You mean Mike Sanders?

Yeah, Steve (or Scott, I must confess I'm not sure which) has supposedly been playing the part, much like he did for "the Bullet", but it won't be him when III is finally unmasked.

Guest converge241

boy TNA is all set now

the only thing they were missing was Vince Russo on TV

*rolls eyes*

Guest Your Olympic Hero
Mike Awsome could be a outside bet.

True, because Dames said it's a much taller Wrestling III this week.

Guest Zack Malibu

Jingus, I know that you know quite a few people over in TNA. Was this a Pillman/Bischoff type of deal where they fooled the boys, or had you heard any rumors about Russo being under the mask?

I wanted Sanders, dammit.

Zack, so you know.....West told me that only 4 people knew about Russo being Mr. Wrestling III and the announcers as well as the boys were all swerved.

Dames

Guest Zack Malibu

Thanks Dames. I've got to say, as a swerve it was tremendously hidden and well done. People knock Russo a lot, but one thing I will always give him credit for is that no matter how bad the gimmick/storyline, he tries to get something going for everybody. And he always pushes for the young guys. An attitude like that is what TNA needs, because I can't take BG James or an unmotivated Curt Hennig much longer.

Guest RedJed

I would assume the only people who knew were the Jarretts, Killings, and perhaps a few cameramen maybe.

In any regard, I have to give whoever came up with this idea a ton of credit. They swerved damn near everyone and Tenays reaction when Russo unmasked was classic.

Guest dreamer420

We were all swerved and I'm glad it wasn't Sanders who was playing Mr. Wrestling III because that is what we all expected and I'm not sure that half of the people in the arena would have known who Sanders was.

Guest J*ingus

Sanders is a known name, between WCW and the fact that he did/does indy shots in Nashville all the time (as recently as last Saturday), but yeah Russo is more famous.

Guest RedJed

I think Russo at some point here should bring in Sanders on his side and slowly build him up. I definately think Sanders should "prove himself" somewhat before he is given any kind of top tier spot, just because he wasn't hitting superstardom in WCW either and the casual fans wouldnt buy an immediate jump with Sanders like that.

With that said, I'm glad it wasn't him under the mask. If they had to go with a wrestler, I would have picked Corino or Awesome just because they was at least a ECW world champion before and had prior experience higher on the card.

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

Maybe they can change the name to "Mr. Sports Entertainment I". And doesn't anyone find it funny that Vince Russo was under the KKK costume beating a black man?

Guest dreamer420

Mr. Sports Entertainment 1 is hilarious.

I can't believe no one thought of that sooner.