Guest raptor Posted November 24, 2002 Report Posted November 24, 2002 Since we are cutting people, I think we need to flush out the midcard. Keep the newer, fresher midcarders (i.e. Dreamer, Palumbo, Matt Hardy), and just cut the others off for good (i.e. Bradshaw, Gunn, Bossman, Credible, etc.). I agree, but I'd keep Credible and Gunn. I know you guys hate Billy, but he always seems able to get over with the crowd. And Credible could work well in the Tag division, I think.
Guest Syxx Posted November 24, 2002 Report Posted November 24, 2002 I agree Raptor, Billy can always get over in a tage team situation, and is very effective in that role, not getting singles mega-push. Credible has also had little oppurtunity since returning to WWE and would also be a good tag-team wrestler. Its a shame in a way because I think with the right type of gimmick Saturn could have gotten over. He was effective in the flock in WCW, and being paired up with Raven again would have done some good for his career.
Guest Big Poppa Popick Posted November 24, 2002 Report Posted November 24, 2002 So if you all want to know something interesting, I saw Perry Saturn yesterday at Longhorn...he was quite the depressed one. Just came in, ate all alone and stared at anyone who approached him, and left guess we know why now
Guest cobainwasmurdered Posted November 24, 2002 Report Posted November 24, 2002 I've said it before and I'll say it again: Saturn should have stayed with WcW. He was much better suited to WcW, where he wouldn't have to cut promo's like he had to in the WWE. I still think sucks that they fired him because he *IS* a talented wrestler and given the right conditions could have flourished. DDP is one of my personal favourites. He has charisma and I was always pulling for him because he really did feel like a People's Champion. DDP was never a great wrestler but you could almost always count on a good match from him and always a good effort. His chance to shine in the WWE was killed by the Undertaker feud. I would cut The Godfather, Bossman(I think though he is training in OVW) and even Scotty Too Hotty, Crash and Hardcore Holly and sign up half a dozen decent Crusierweights for Smackdown. Also if Haku and Balckman are still employed cut them loose too. I agree with all of them except for Scotty and Crash. Crash is just fine as a worker and has decent skills on the Mike. Put him on a show Like Heat or Velocity and he could really be entertaining. Scotty 2 Hotty needs a gimmik change. That's all. He is a very talented cruiser and given the oppurtunity could have some damn good matches with Rey,Kidman,etc. Remember his Lightweight Championship with Dean at I believe Backlash? Damn good stuff.
Guest bob_barron Posted November 24, 2002 Report Posted November 24, 2002 DDP is also one of my favourites as well. He always looked like he was fun out there and I hated seeing Taker and Kane and even Sara squash him last summer
Guest cobainwasmurdered Posted November 24, 2002 Report Posted November 24, 2002 I always found it strange that Vince used DDP as his "example" to the WcW workers. Page had the connections (Austin,Foley,etc.) so he should have been safe there, he was a company man willing to put over talent (He put over Benoit at Road Wild in WcW for example), He had good mike skills and had a finisher that was marketable all things Vince loves.
Guest bob_barron Posted November 24, 2002 Report Posted November 24, 2002 Making him the stalker was just retarded cause everyone knows: DDP is happily married to Kimberly. Stuff like that is why the invasion failed
Guest cobainwasmurdered Posted November 24, 2002 Report Posted November 24, 2002 The Stalker angle could have worked if: 1. They had kept with the story that DDP was only doing it to get into Taker's head NOT because he was infatiuated with Sara. 2. Sara had played a much smaller role, and never actually wrestled. 3. Undertaker put DDP over. DDP going over was crucial to the sucsess of the WcW Invasion. If DDP had gone over it would have made the Invasion Angle credible with the common fan.
Guest Ram Posted November 24, 2002 Report Posted November 24, 2002 My heart still drops thinking about the failure of the Invasion angle. It had such potential..
Guest cobainwasmurdered Posted November 24, 2002 Report Posted November 24, 2002 Of course it had potential. It was the angle that wrestling fans have been dreaming of ever since multiple federations started up. We as Smarks should have known it was going to fail because of the rules of Mcmahon: 1. Smaller wrestlers won't be pushed (many of the best wcw wrestlers were small) 2. New Talent will go through a humbling process. 3. Homegrown talent are the stars, everyone else is a jobber.
Guest The Czech Republic Posted November 25, 2002 Report Posted November 25, 2002 Good thing Vince McMahon didn't run a professional sports team, like the L.A. Kings or something... "I don't want that punk Gretzky, he's an Edmonton boy. I can't have somebody else's star player lead MY team."
Guest buffybeast Posted November 25, 2002 Report Posted November 25, 2002 We as Smarks should have known it was going to fail because of the rules of Mcmahon: 1. Smaller wrestlers won't be pushed (many of the best wcw wrestlers were small) 2. New Talent will go through a humbling process. 3. Homegrown talent are the stars, everyone else is a jobber. Damn, that is so true it's sad.
Guest starvenger Posted November 25, 2002 Report Posted November 25, 2002 Haku is 10 years younger than Flair and 6 years younger than Hogan. Haku is 43. And he could probably kick all of our asses using just the afro...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now