TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zack Malibu

DDP and Saturn

Guest Zack Malibu

As always, as soon as a WWE guy gets released, the talk will start floating about the pros and cons of if they came to NWA:TNA. DDP, I'm a little unsure of given his past with Russo (I don't believe they get along that well), and this problem he seems to have with Curt Hennig. Plus, his asking price might be a little out of TNA's reach for someone who can only manage/commentate. Saturn however, is another guy that Russo tried making something out of during his WCW tenure, until the Radical exodus when Russo got canned the first time. He shoud come fairly cheap, and if Russo still has a say creatively, it looks like we could get a decent upper midcard/main event role for Saturn.

Thoughts?

Guest bob_barron

DDP is out in California with Kimberly trying to forge an acting career.

I don't know about Saturn but don't put him with any of TNA's sloppy workers. (cue ominous music)

DDP has heat with Curt Hennig? Care to elaborate

Guest Zack Malibu

I'm not sure of the situation either, but in every promo Hennig has done since he arrived in TNA, he's bashed DDP for some reason. He was mocking Jarrett's cowboy gimmick, and then he says "Were'nt you DPP? No, that wasn't you..." for no reason whatsoever, other than to get some type of jab in. I'm lost as to why this is, so if anyone knows, can they help us out?

Guest The Last Free Voice

the eliminators, Saturn and Kronus could add some legitimacy to th tag division.

Guest oldschoolwrestling

DDP left the WWE saying he didn't want to be an announcer. I don't think he'd go to TNA to do the same.

Guest dreamer420
the eliminators, Saturn and Kronus could add some legitimacy to th tag division.

It always make me laugh when people suggest for Saturn and Kronus to get back together. First off they hate each other and secondly, have you see Kronus since his ECW days?

Guest Zack Malibu

As much as I used to like The Eliminators, there is no way I'd want to see them back. Dreamer's already brought up the fact that they hate each other. They hated each other in ECW, and that's why they were set for a split (remember when they wore different tights? I believe Meltzer said the plan was for Saturn to join the Triple Threat, but Heyman talked Saturn and Kronus into staying together and he'd market them as the "greatest tag team in the world"). And Kronus, while he was no Dynamite Kid, is a shell of his former self, and is tremendously out of shape these days. Saturn's got more name value as a solo guy anyways. Injuries have slowed him down, but people forget that this guy could GO. A motivated Saturn and a change of enviroment could be a great thing for him.

Guest bob_barron

I'm not sure of the situation either, but in every promo Hennig has done since he arrived in TNA, he's bashed DDP for some reason. He was mocking Jarrett's cowboy gimmick, and then he says "Were'nt you DPP? No, that wasn't you..." for no reason whatsoever, other than to get some type of jab in. I'm lost as to why this is, so if anyone knows, can they help us out?

I don't watch TNA so that's why- maybe Curt is just drunk or something

Guest Zack Malibu

Wouldn't doubt it if Hennig was wrecked all the time these days, Bob. I was a HUGE Mr. Perfect mark back in the day. My mom wondered why as a 10 year old I disliked "everyone's favorite" Hulk Hogan and rooted for Perfect. I remember laughing when he destroyed the title belt on SNME! I was excited when he came back to WWE this year, but he proved there that he's let himself go, and it's too bad. Now in TNA, he's just ridiculous. He hasn't had a good match, cuts blabbering promos that have nothing to do with anything...I just don't like the guy anymore.

Guest The Last Free Voice

It always make me laugh when people suggest for Saturn and Kronus to get back together. First off they hate each other and secondly, have you see Kronus since his ECW days?

um no. I havent. Never really saw him in ECW, but I only sugested it because they have semi name value.

Guest Slapnuts00

DDP is done, no way he'll be in TNA.

Saturn is very likely though, he could be a solid uppercard worker with the rest of the X crew... X-WWF Midcard crew, that is :D

Guest dreamer420

Saturn could be a nice edition to TNA. I think he still has a couple of solid years left in this business and last time I seen him in WWE he still possessed a lot of talent.

Guest Your Olympic Hero

Kronus never did anything good except a few signature spots in ECW (backflip elbow-thing into the corner, 450 splash). They completely fucked up Total Elimination half the time, even though when hit correctly on a guy who bumps well (Mikey Whipwreck, Pablo Marquez) it looked like it could legit. take the guys head off. Either way they hate each other and Kronus is virtually worthless these days.

Guest dreamer420

I read in a recent Saturn interview that he thinks Kronus lives in a trailer park somewhere.