TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bcu1979

(Observer) The problem with RAW

Guest bcu1979

For anyone out there that still isn't convinced that Vince McMahon has been completely snowed over by the Triple H/Stephanie tandem, here's a tidbit from the latest Wrestling Observer.

Vince McMahon's reaction to the low RAW rating last week (3.1) was that the show does not have enough support for Triple H.

In more "fun" news:

The Michaels win was a suggestion by Triple H that was not viewed positively by many others in the company. Triple H was also said to be burying RVD, Booker T and Kane as to not being ready when he suggested Michaels win the belt.

Even though many in the company blame Triple H for being behind Lesnar's loss, Meltzer says that it was Vince's big idea (with support from Terry Taylor.)

The idea is for the Elimination Chamber to be an annual match to justfiy the half million dollar cost.

Lesnar's doctors told him he should be out 6-8 weeks but the plan right now is for him to have a rematch with Show at Armageddon.

Those closest to Vince say things have changed recently. People who have always supported him are questioning his lack of long term planning. The belief is that he bases all his decisions on whoever was in his ear last pushing their political agenda.

They are hoping Rey Mysterio can make it through the 12/3 Smackdown taping so they can shoot an injury angle for him there. He is not expected back until after the first of the year and is off the next PPV.

Paul Heyman spotted Gail Kim and pushed for to be signed. She will most likely end up on the Smackdown roster next month.

Guest CheesalaIsGood

SMARKHelmet on:

"OMG How can HHH continue on like this! WHY is it so obvious to everyone but the one guy it matters to! HHH is a cancer! Dear GAWD, I won't be happy till HHH puts over Benoit clean for the title!!!!"

SMARKHelmet off:

Humph.

Cheesala :firing:

Guest Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye
Vince McMahon's reaction to the low RAW rating last week (3.1) was that the show does not have enough support for Triple H.

I believe this is a case of Macarthyism in all it's glory.

The Michaels win was a suggestion by Triple H that was not viewed positively by many others in the company. Triple H was also said to be burying RVD, Booker T and Kane as to not being ready when he suggested Michaels win the belt.

Commence Smark carpet bombing assault.

The idea is for the Elimination Chamber to be an annual match to justfiy the half million dollar cost.

But will it justify the low buyrates and injuries caused?

Those closest to Vince say things have changed recently. People who have always supported him are questioning his lack of long term planning. The belief is that he bases all his decisions on whoever was in his ear last pushing their political agenda.

Did Vince just stop caring about his company?

Guest SP-1

Feh. It's the same Smark BS that's everywhere. I refuse to belittle the work that RVD and Shawn and the rest of the boys did in the Chamber by bitching about the supposed backstage evil plotting of Triple H.

On a sidenote, the Chamber cost half a mil?! Sweet goodness what a price tag for that thing.

SP

Guest BoboBrazil

How does Vince justify a 3.7 rating for this last Monday's Raw then that had no HHH? Vince must be thinking that next Monday with HHH Raw will get a 6.2.

Guest Mulatto Heat

AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Every week since I stopped watching RAW in September I'm able to add at least three things justifying my decision.

I can probably add this week's reasons even before the show starts!

God RAW sucks.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

:blink:

I bet that padlock on the door cost at least 80 grand.

Guest Jobber of the Week

:o

Well. I guess the steel industry won't be having trouble anytime soon.

Guest the 1inch punch

Even though many in the company blame Triple H for being behind Lesnar's loss, Meltzer says that it was Vince's big idea (with support from Terry Taylor.)

Define Support?

Terry Taylor apparantly has a huge problem with Lesnar, what is it?

Guest DJ Jeff

The problem with RAW is HHH. Get him off RAW, and ratings should get better. Just look at this past RAW as an example of that.

Guest Will Scarlet

Wow. A half million for what seem to be a rather average match with a few injuries. It doesn't seem worth it.

Paul Heyman spotted Gail Kim and pushed for to be signed. She will most likely end up on the Smackdown roster next month.

Who is this girl anyway? I have heard stuff about her, but I have not been able to find anything in searches I have done.

<But will it justify the low buyrates and injuries caused?>

If it's HHH that gets injured, yes indeed.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

:blink:

I bet that padlock on the door cost at least 80 grand.

Do they buy from the same place the Pentegon does?

Guest dreamer420
The problem with RAW is HHH. Get him off RAW, and ratings should get better. Just look at this past RAW as an example of that.

And what do you suggest to do with HHH? He has a solid place within WWE so would you rather he was on Smackdown so you can complain about him "holding down" Angle, Benoit, Edge, Eddie, and Mysterio instead?

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

VINCE MCMAHON IS A GENIUS~!~!!!~!*@!111

I WNAT MOR E OF DA GAME!!!!!11111

JUST READZ MY SUB-0NAMEZX!!!!~111111

Edit: Jesus christ, I wasted my 900th post on THAT? God DAMNIT!

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Two weeks.

That's the situation they have put themselves in.

Ratings will in fact go up this RAW.

They may wish to beleive it is due to the return of HHH...but it's not.

IT's for HBK vs. RVD.

So that's one week.

Week two ratings will fall back down when RVD loses again.

That's two weeks...and they will have NO CHOICE but to realize that HHH isn't the answer.

That's the situation they have found themselves in since HHH was hurt in the chamber.

Two weeks.

Guest snowfan

And what do you suggest to do with HHH? He has a solid place within WWE so would you rather he was on Smackdown so you can complain about him "holding down" Angle, Benoit, Edge, Eddie, and Mysterio instead?

HGH needs to be told(like UT) that "you can go 'not feel it' in Japan".

He is FAR from the most over person in the company and the use of politics to pretend he is is PRECISELY the kind of thing that killed the AWA.

Guest Angle-plex
Two weeks.

That's the situation they have put themselves in.

Ratings will in fact go up this RAW.

They may wish to beleive it is due to the return of HHH...but it's not.

IT's for HBK vs. RVD.

So that's one week.

Week two ratings will fall back down when RVD loses again.

That's two weeks...and they will have NO CHOICE but to realize that HHH isn't the answer.

That's the situation they have found themselves in since HHH was hurt in the chamber.

Two weeks.

You mean we have to watch HHH-RAW for the next 2 weeks? :(

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I'm sure we'll have to watch it for longer than that.

But that's the statute of limitations for them to keep ignoring what's going on and admit the truth to themselves.

Once they realize they're wrong they won't fix it...they'll push it harder to try and make the audience like it.

That's what they do.

The thing to do with HHH is to send him to SD and job him out to Benoit (who could use the high profile boost of being the face who finally gives HHH his much needed come-uppence) and then send him on a six month long "sabatical" from which he never comes back from...

He is FAR from the most over person in the company and the use of politics to pretend he is is PRECISELY the kind of thing that killed the AWA.

Funny, but wasn't Greg Gange the chief symptom of the fall of the AWA instead of Larry Zybysco?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

That was a problem for me. When the WWF ended the first stage of HHH's heel character by having a face crush him in a high-profile match, they chose a guy who really didn't need that boost. (Undertaker, WM-X7)

Something tells me HHH may get it again at WM XIX

Guest snowfan

Funny, but wasn't Greg Gange the chief symptom of the fall of the AWA instead of Larry Zybysco?

The beginning of the end was when they insisted on continuing to push Greg as top draw even though the fanbase said no.

That was what I am referring to. The nepotism in AWA was so pervasive there are a hundred examples, and since Shane is not regular talent HGH plays a wierd blend of the Greg/Zybysko roles. Nepotism does NOT= ratings...

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

The beginning of the end was when they insisted on continuing to push Greg as top draw even though the fanbase said no.

That was what I am referring to. The nepotism in AWA was so pervasive there are a hundred examples, and since Shane is not regular talent HGH plays a wierd blend of the Greg/Zybysko roles. Nepotism does NOT= ratings...

Well, since HHH is the Clique's "soul survivor" as far as real reputation goes, it's a lot more like the fall of WCW then the AWA.

Guest snowfan

Well, since HHH is the Clique's "soul survivor" as far as real reputation goes, it's a lot more like the fall of WCW then the AWA.

There are similarities to both. Most people when they hear "the end of the AWA" think the late 80s. The fact is the AWA started dying when Hogan left and was accelerated when Greg was pushed against all reason. The mass defections were a symptom of the problems and the fact that WWF was capitalizing.

Organizations share similarities with organisms in that they must evolve to survive. The AWA would not, the NWA did partly, and the WWF did the best in the 80s. Now without environmental stessors the WWF will no longer be driven to do so by competition.

HGH is simply put the greatest potential poison in major US wrestling today, and the McMahons are happily lining up for the injections.

Guest jester

I pray this rumor isn't true, but the next few Raws will be telling.

The preview up on wwe.com actually mentions the title match with RVD, but it also has HHH in there.

Will it fall to the dark side?

I think it will.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

There are similarities to both. Most people when they hear "the end of the AWA" think the late 80s. The fact is the AWA started dying when Hogan left and was accelerated when Greg was pushed against all reason. The mass defections were a symptom of the problems and the fact that WWF was capitalizing.

Organizations share similarities with organisms in that they must evolve to survive. The AWA would not, the NWA did partly, and the WWF did the best in the 80s. Now without environmental stessors the WWF will no longer be driven to do so by competition.

HGH is simply put the greatest potential poison in major US wrestling today, and the McMahons are happily lining up for the injections.

Oh, the NWA evolved alright.

Into WCW.

It's like the ape evolving into a retarded monkey, while the WWF evolved into a normal man.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Option 1 (IE: What will happen) RVD will be on the verge of winning and HHH will run in to get his revenge from the EC injury.

Option 2: HBK puts RVD over and HHH goes on to beat him at the ppv to get revenge for the EC injury.

Either way HHH's only goal is to get revenge for that injury.

Despite it making no sense because he is a heel...and no one would be rooting for such vengeance.

And...IMO ratings will drop as soon as he gets it.

This is getting comparable to NAsh booking himself to beat Goldberg, in that it is purely for personal gain and has nothing to do with helping the company

Guest Angle-plex
Option 1 (IE: What will happen) RVD will be on the verge of winning and HHH will run in to get his revenge from the EC injury.

Option 2: HBK puts RVD over and HHH goes on to beat him at the ppv to get revenge for the EC injury.

Despite it making no sense because he is a heel...and no one would be rooting for such vengeance.

This is getting comparable to NAsh booking himself to beat Goldberg, in that it is purely for personal gain and has nothing to do with helping the company

No way. I just don't think RVD is ready for a world title run. He doesn't know WWE style. <_<

Guest snowfan
Option 1 (IE:  What will happen) RVD will be on the verge of winning and HHH will run in to get his revenge from the EC injury.

Option 2:  HBK puts RVD over and HHH goes on to beat him at the ppv to get revenge for the EC injury.

No way. I just don't think RVD is ready for a world title run. He doesn't know WWE style. <_<

Listen-uh Rob I am really doing-uh you a favor. You just aren't ready yet-uh, but one day-uh with the help of my workout-uh and some knee based offense-uh....you just might make it-uh....