TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ErekT2k

Promo: Desire

Guest ErekT2k

What do rooks and juniors think about when they win a belt? I've always thought of that very same question, to think of the answer that I once held in my head a long time ago. This is what gold does to your head, it erases your memories of the bad times, of the times you had to work your a** off to get to where you are today. Why can't I remember? Do I not desire anything else?

It's hard to desire because you have no needs. When I was just another one of the rooks, I dreamed of the big times, to hold that World Title high above my head and to finally realize that I'm the best and nobody will ever come close. What happened to that dream? It disappeared, of course. Well, it actually got stabbed to death. Losing is not that bad, but losing to a friend who decided that being the best was more important than friends is even worse.

Realizing that is a very painful thing in your life, regardless of how long the ordeal take. When it's all said and done, you'll feel emptiness and betrayal. That, my friends, will be your two new best friends. Despite the fact that you have many more friends, they all mean jack squat because how many of them actually know the *real* you? I'm not talking about how you act in front of people, I'm talking about the little boy or girl hidden inside your heart, buried with all the desires of life, the disappointments, the greed, the envy, all the darkness that has locked the little kid up and thrown away the key. Who here knows the *real* you?

I don't know myself either. And quite frankly, I'm scared of finding out who the real *me* is. Is he like the outside me? Or is he different? Good different or bad different? The questions go on. Most of us don't know the little kid that's hiding inside, but some let it all out and they let that little kid run free. I guess that's a good thing. But damnit, control the little kid.

Five months in this league already and I've only made it this far. I've seen people who just waltz in and take it to the top right away because they made the right decisions. The right decisions for their own wealth, that is. Am I making the right decisions for myself? Or am I making the right decisions for us? For the group?

Should I leave like the rest of them? Or should I stay and give it my all, handle all the pressures, take in all the pleasures? What should I do?

It all comes down to desire. Do I really desire it that much that I will do anything for it? Do I desire for gold so much that I will throw XF9 to rock bottom and resurface to take my place?

What do I say? What do I feel? I feel a flame, lit by the parting of the ways, fueled by desire of a feeling, a feeling of resurgence of power. Who stands in my way?

Everyone.

Who stands by me?

Nobody.

What do I desire?

With this new tournament going on, I don't know what I really want. Do I want to fight my hardest to get to the WF? Or do I want something else? Yeah, that thing. The thing that's been bothering me for all this time. What is it that I want?

----------------------

Erek Taylor emerges from the streets of Brisbane. He walks silently towards the red Mustang parked in the middle of an empty parking lot. A slight chill of eerie runs past the High Flying Prince, and Erek Taylor doesn't move to see the shadowy figure run past the background. Erek gets into his car, and speeds away. The shadowy figure slowly emerges from the darkness, a familiar face, too familiar, and then, it disappears with a faint cry in the distance.

"Vengeance."

With this said, Erek knows what he must do.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Having JLers post promos on their main board seems to mean less promos...but the ones that go up are damn good.  Kudos, Taylor, on a surprisingly serious promo from the High Flying Prince.

Guest ErekT2k

What did you mean by "surprisingly serious", Commish?

"I think he's badmouthing you Erek."

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Mostly just that you're usually goofy and whimsical and having crazy backstage mayhem.  I applaud you, foo.

Guest Shawn

I'm not the RP kinda guy but this wasn't bad... not bad at all. Bravo... you earned a thumbs up!

Sign in to follow this