TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Goodear

Ejiro Fasaki

Guest Goodear

Ben Hardy sits in a high-backed chair as he sits in front of the camera wearing a red golf shirt and holding a clipboard. The lovable tool looks into the camera and breaks into a big toothy smile before breaking into a prewritten speech.

“Welcome everyone to a sit down interview that SJL has been so gracious to allow me to present to you here today. My guest here tonight will be facing The WildChild in just a few days in a scaffold match, is none other than The SJL European Champion, Ejiro Fasaki.”

The camera pulls back to reveal Ejiro is sitting next to Hardy in a similar chair, and wearing a Magnificent Seven football jersey and pair of black jeans. Leaning back on the chair, Ejiro folds his legs in front of him as Hardy continues to speak.

“Ejiro, my first question has to be... what exactly do you have against WildChild that is so bad that you have to take your issue twenty feet above the ring on a scaffold. What exactly did WildChild ever do to you?”

“What did WildChild do to me?” Ejiro shrugs. “Well, I guess it would just be easiest to let you know... that in the simplest terms. I just hate him.”

“Hate is a strong word.”

“Hate is a strong emotion, Ben. It’s actually a lot like love in a way. It can motivate you to do a whole lot of different things. It can get you up in the morning to train for hours on end. It can motivate you to do things that you didn’t think were possible for you to do. But most of all, it causes you to lose a little bit of control. You see, Ben. Love of wrestling, used to get me going each and every day. When I was cold, wrestling would warm me up. When I was hungry, wrestling would make the pangs disappear. But, after ten years in this business... you get to the point where love just isn’t enough. When you are continually passed over by the larger promotions... When you are put into the opening match over and over again... Eventually, the love fades. And that is when our old buddy hate steps in.”

“But why is it centered on WildChild? Why him specifically?”

Ejiro chuckles, “You think my hate is exclusive to WildChild? That’s a laugh. I hate Johnny Dangerous too. I hate The Insane Luchador. I hate Matt Myers. I even hate you. And do you know why?”

Ben Hardy gulps, “Why is that?”

“Because you and people like you treat wrestling in a manner that makes it and me look ridiculous. You prance around playing your little roles, pretending to be spies or punk rockers. Making me, making The Magnificent Seven, look bad. Just by being in the same sport as you.”

“So The Magnificent Seven isn’t like that?”

“Of course not.”

“But I mean, Judge Mental and Fugue aren’t strait laced types either...they have gim...”

“Don’t even say that word you worm. See it is comments like that, that make you look like such an idiot. Judge Mental has every right to wear the robes to the ring and call himself a judge, because he is one. Fugue has every right to act like he’s obsessed with music. Because if you spend any time with the man, you find out that is really what he is like. That’s the thing about us, Ben. We are what we say we are. People like WildChild put on an act for the people. Do you realize if WildChild acted like he does in the ring, he wouldn’t even be allowed in a restaurant?”

“Because of the shoe thing?”

“Yes, Ben, because of the shoe thing. So if you want to know why I hate WildChild... I guess that is it. And I am going to continue to hate him until he learns, once and for all.”

“Learns what exactly?”

“Learn that wrestling is a serious business. That it isn’t a place for playing games and ‘entertaining.’ It’s man on man combat and should be treated as such. Anything else is a waste of energy and time.”

“So if you want to show WildChild how to wrestle, how come you’ve never faced him in a strait wrestling match? Every time you two have faced, it has been under some stipulation. Why is that, if you are trying to show WildChild how to wrestle?”

“Let me tell you a story, Ben. Back when I was training in what a local promoter laughingly called a dojo I had a bit of a chip on my shoulder. I went around, mouthing off about how good I was, wrestling on the canvas. When one day, a new face appeared in the training hall. Seamed as though a young wrestler by the name of William Hearford came into the territory for a brief tour.

“Hearford? You mean Judge Mental?”

“That’s right. And he and I didn’t exactly see eye to eye at the time because I thought I had all the answers. But then, Judge Mental changed the questions. In a little altercation that I’m not even sure Judge remembers anymore, he took me down to the mat. Where I thought, I was king. And he showed me something. He pinned me the canvas in such a position that I would never have escaped at the time unless he allowed me. He took a young bronco like me and broke me. By beating me at my own game... Judge Mental had shown me a little glimpse of what it was really like to be a real wrestler.”

“And what does that have to do with WildChild?”

“See, WildChild doesn’t think he’s a mat wrestler. He thinks he can just fly around and brawl and not have care in the world. What I am doing, what I am trying to do. Is to beat WildChild at his own, sick, twisted game until he sees the light like I did all those years ago. Because there is nothing like the discovery that there is someone out there better than you at what you do best. And when I find out what WildChild holds most dear about himself... and destroy it. Then he will be free. Free to rebuild him self into something more, something greater. To the point where I can look him right in the eyes and tell him. I am not better than you, we are equals and we can BOTH prove it.”

Guest Powerplay

I've been offline for the last couple days, so excuse my lateness. *Ahem* Ejiro, for mentioning me in your promo and putting me over like you did, I've decided to job the World Title to you so as not to put it on the line in the Battle Royale *Hands Ejiro the World Title Belt* Here you go. Great promo, and it really sums up why we should have a JL PPV (LOOKEE JLCC! LOOKEE OVER HERE!): So we can blowoff huge feuds like yours and Wildchild's. Utterly Fantastic.

Guest Listen2Reason

...Wow. That was stupefyingly good. Personally, I thought it could have used some editing in spots...but the emotion, the writing was so dead-on that the tiny flaws don't matter.

"I am not better than you, we are equals and we can BOTH prove it." Wonderful characterization, completely believable. Great stuff. :D

Guest realitycheck

Ejiro board promos! *markmarkmark*

Ahem. Great stuff, Mr. Fasaki. The classic interview style is something that isn't done enough, and this illustrates it can a character point across just as well--or better--than RP style promo. Speaking of characters, I love the way you've used Ejiro's "I just love wrestling" character to instigate the feud. Although the way he's become obsessed with Wildchild...

And when I find out what WildChild holds most dear about himself... and destroy it. Then he will be free. Free to rebuild him self into something more, something greater. To the point where I can look him right in the eyes and tell him. I am not better than you, we are equals and we can BOTH prove it.

...is almost creepy.

-Z

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins
"And when I find out what WildChild holds most dear about himself... and destroy it. Then he will be free. Free to rebuild him self into something more, something greater. To the point where I can look him right in the eyes and tell him. I am not better than you, we are equals and we can BOTH prove it.”

Wow, thats so Raven-like, its freaky.

Thumbs Up on the promo.

:boxing:

Look at them box!

Sign in to follow this