TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bcu1979

(TORCH) No one wants to be on RAW

Guest bcu1979

A couple of notes from the latest Torch:

D-Von Dudley is happy to be teaming with RAW but he has told friends that he was not happy to be leaving Smackdown for RAW.

Some RAW wrestlers have presented storylines suggestions that would move them from RAW to Smackdown while Smackdown wrestlers are said to be praying that they are not moved to RAW.

The difference in the two locker rooms is said to be night and day.

No one has anything bad to say about Kurt Angle. He is always friendly and going out of his way to help younger wrestlers. Angle has also been vocal that the company needs to hire more mid-sized wrestlers to keep up with him and the other better workers in the company.

Paul Heyman no longer produces backstage promos and vignettes. Those duties have been taken over by Stephanie McMahon and a young writer named Dave Laguna.

Jim Ross is said to be the main force behind signing Nathan Jones. Others in the company were against the move because they feel Jones is all size and no ability.

Terry Taylor is pushing for Konnan, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger to be signed to the WWE. Konnan will have the toughest job because of the heat he has with Vince. Simon Diamond has heat with Paul Heyman from their ECW days, but Dawn Marie's popularity in the company could only help him. Swinger is liked by Heyman, but others in the company don't like him because of his actions when he worked some dark matches for them months ago.

There is more talk that Brock Lesnar has gotten a big head since he received his big push. Some wrestlers are speculating that his loss to Big Show was an attempt by management to keep his ego in check.

Not much to the Hogan Torch Talk yet. He pretty much confirms the newsletter story on his situation.

He took time off for back and knee injuries and Vince wanted him back to wrestle at Survivor Series to job to Lesnar but Hogan said no. Hogan's take is much more partial to his side of course. He says it was his idea for Lesnar to completely destroy him since he had to take some time off. He also thinks it would have been a disappointment for the fans to have him come back from his big injury only to lose again.

He said he was under contract until January 14th with the WWE but he doesn't seem to think the contract means anything since he's already fulfilled his required dates.

Guest Anglesault
No one has anything bad to say about Kurt Angle. He is always friendly and going out of his way to help younger wrestlers

Moron. This can only lead to bad things. He'll be feuding with like John Cena by the new year.

Guest bravesfan
Konnan will have the toughest job because of the heat he has with Vince

Anyone have the backstory?

Guest kingkamala
Jim Ross is said to be the main force behind signing Nathan Jones. Others in the company were against the move because they feel Jones is all size and no ability.

Well JR's got love for the hoss....am I the only one(besides JR) who sorta likes Nathan Jones? I don't know but for some reason I somewhat mark out for the guy.

Guest Vyce
A couple of notes from the latest Torch:

D-Von Dudley is happy to be teaming with RAW but he has told friends that he was not happy to be leaving Smackdown for RAW.

Some RAW wrestlers have presented storylines suggestions that would move them from RAW to Smackdown while Smackdown wrestlers are said to be praying that they are not moved to RAW.

The difference in the two locker rooms is said to be night and day.

No shit.

I liked that news story from a few days back. RAW = "No upward mobility"

Of course, until the talent actually grows some balls and complains about this to Vince, things will remain the same.

Paul Heyman no longer produces backstage promos and vignettes. Those duties have been taken over by Stephanie McMahon and a young writer named Dave Laguna.

Which explains why the backstage promos have begun to suck.

I'd make a hoss joke here, but it's too obvious.

Terry Taylor is pushing for Konnan, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger to be signed to the WWE. Konnan will have the toughest job because of the heat he has with Vince. Simon Diamond has heat with Paul Heyman from their ECW days, but Dawn Marie's popularity in the company could only help him. Swinger is liked by Heyman, but others in the company don't like him because of his actions when he worked some dark matches for them months ago.

I know the beef with Konnan, but what's up with Diamond / Swinger? Why is there heat with Swinger?

Why does Paul have heat with Diamond? Is it cause Diamong, gasp, actually wanted Paul to pay him for wrestling in ECW?

He took time off for back and knee injuries and Vince wanted him back to wrestle at Survivor Series to job to Lesnar but Hogan said no. Hogan's take is much more partial to his side of course.

I know the chic thing is to ALWAYS bash Hogan, but really, I'm somewhat behind him on this one.

Not that he should be put over Brock (although that's no worse than Big Show, as I explained in another post). But really, at this point in his career (i.e. the end), Hogan can pretty much tell Vince to shove it if he wants.

Guest razazteca

Simon & Swinger as a tag team can be a great addition to Raw, what exactly is the heat against them? While they are at it why not add CW Anderson? I do not want to see these guys to be jobbers on Sunday.

Guest Will Scarlet
Terry Taylor is pushing for Konnan, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger to be signed to the WWE.

Um...why Konnan? I mean, I marked for the rolling clothesline as much as the next guy, but when I think Konnan, I think crappy rap videos and incoherent blabbing talking about tossing salads, Oil of Olay, or whatever. I do not need to see that again.

Guest SuperTonyJaymz

No one has anything bad to say about Kurt Angle. He is always friendly and going out of his way to help younger wrestlers

Moron. This can only lead to bad things. He'll be feuding with like John Cena by the new year.

Worse, Angle will be fueding with Bull..I'm sorry...B. Squared

Guest Anglesault

Does no one care that Kurt Angle is committing career suicide? I think he forgets that the bookers don't think like normal people. They'll take his helping out young guys as wanting to start feuds with these people!

Guest Anglesault

Worse, Angle will be fueding with Bull..I'm sorry...B. Squared

I can see that. Someone needs to tell Kurt to either push for himself even a little or sit down and shut up.

Guest CanadianChris
Keep Konnan as far away from Rey Mysterio as possible!

Keep Konnan as far away from my television as possible!

Guest SuperTonyJaymz

Writer 1: Angle seems to get along with them lowe midcarders.

Writer 2: Yeah I saw him talkiing to that Cena kid the other day...never seen Triple H do that.

Writer 1: Huh, Angle must want to feud with cena. So, Cena/B Squared vs. Angle on the next ppv?

Writer 2: I don't know..it lacks pizzaz....

Writer 1: They Could wrestle over rap lyrics! Its briliant, it'll be story telling on so many levels!

Writer 2: Cool...want to read some comics now?

Yup...thats how it goes down backstage..

Guest Anglesault
Writer 1: Angle seems to get along with them lowe midcarders.

Writer 2: Yeah I saw him talkiing to that Cena kid the other day...never seen Triple H do that.

Writer 1: Huh, Angle must want to feud with cena. So, Cena/B Squared vs. Angle on the next ppv?

Writer 2: I don't know..it lacks pizzaz....

Writer 1: They Could wrestle over rap lyrics! Its briliant, it'll be story telling on so many levels!

Writer 2: Cool...want to read some comics now?

Yup...thats how it goes down backstage..

You know it.

Guest SuperTonyJaymz

They could have a freestyle battle....Biz Markie could b the special guest ref.

Course, somehow there ahs to be a screwjob finish

Guest Downhome

Konnan would equal $$$, period. I don't care what anyone says, but if ANYONE is WWE material, it is this guy. He was very over in WCW, and would be even more over in WWE.

He isn't the greatest in ring performer, but when he is on he is on.

Guest The Superstar

I figured, because Paul wouldn't write segments about Stephanie's 'Aunt' and PMS, making Kurt look like a doofus (surprise!)

...or would he?

Guest razazteca

If Konnan can bring in some good Luchadores from Mexico City or Tijuana then just have K-Dog as their manger, but I repeat keep him away from Rey Misterio Jr!

I fear the LWO B Team and Disco Inferino wanting to be with his friends.

That's ENOUGH~

Guest Anglesault

I figured, because Paul wouldn't write segments about Stephanie's 'Aunt' and PMS, making Kurt look like a doofus (surprise!)

...or would he?

Heyman's backstage shit lives to make Angle look like a doofus. Stephanie's Angle skit , on the other hand, was rather funny and benign this week.

Guest SuperTonyJaymz

You know if I see another angle/benoit/eddy/edge/rey/chavo match on smckdown, im gonna scream.

Thats the problem with heymna..the same thing over and over again. Good mtches? yeah but gets boring after a while.

Guest Anglesault
You know if I see another angle/benoit/eddy/edge/rey/chavo match on smckdown, im gonna scream.

Thats the problem with heymna..the same thing over and over again. Good mtches? yeah but gets boring after a while.

You know, I really do think that, but then I realize...The rest of the roster kind of sucks. You've got Tajiri, Noble and Kidman, and that's about it.

Guest teke184

The Konnan-Vince heat stems to a few things from Konnan's brief run in the WWF during 1992-1993.

Konnan's version of it is that Vince would lie about certain things to the locker room and that he'd catch him on it, with the big example being that Vince made the Max Moon character for him and pitched it like his own creation. When Konnan asked him if it was based off of Jushin "Thunder" Liger in any way, Vince claimed not to have even heard of Liger despite Konnan's knowledge that Vince had seen Liger wrestle before. He also said that he got insulted when Paul Diamond was put into *his* Max Moon suit to do matches, although most people attribute that to Konnan leaving the WWF with no notice and Diamond being used to pick up the pieces he left behind.

Guest Angle-plex

You know, I really do think that, but then I realize...The rest of the roster kind of sucks. You've got Tajiri, Noble and Kidman, and that's about it.

How could you forget about Mark Henry and Albert?

Guest Jobber of the Week
Does no one care that Kurt Angle is committing career suicide? I think he forgets that the bookers don't think like normal people. They'll take his helping out young guys as wanting to start feuds with these people!

Because Angle's got nowhere to go?

If Kurt's career goes downhill, he can tell WWE to blow it out their ass and go train Olympian wrestlers or something.

I imagine the only reason he would want to hang around with the sinking ship this long is because he still enjoys it somehow (minimal exposure to HHH, I guess) because it's not like he's out of options.

As for almost everyone else, I'd say all the options left when WCW died.

Guest SuperTonyJaymz

I think you can put Matt Hardy, tajiri, Kidman, Knoble, Cena(in small bits) etc. into the mix. They wouldnt be fiv star matches, but itd sure be better than the great Rikishi vs. Matt Hardy fued we've got going. Damnit...why did Lance Storm and Jericho have to goto raw?

Guest Anglesault
I think you can put Matt Hardy, tajiri, Kidman, Knoble, Cena(in small bits) etc. into the mix.

First of all, I did say Noble/Kidman/Tajiri. Also Cena, for all intents and purposes, sucks. He had a good match with Angle, a couple goodish matches with Jericho, and then all shit, including a WMOTY candidate with Brock. And Matt hardy, while better, is still, you know, the guy who had that match with Jeff at vengeance. dd on to the fact that SD6 are all upper midcarders and these guys are basically lower midcarders and jobbers, and well...

Guest SuperTonyJaymz

I was renforcing the tajiri/kidman/knoble. Remeber Kidman vs. Angle from a while back? kicked ass.

I think Cena can be carried to a few good matches, and at least it would be a change of pace. And that vengeance match I blame soley on Jeff. Matt Hardy has become on of the top heels on Smackdown, behind the Gurreros IMO(Big Show top heel my ass).

But yeah there too many fat ass, no good, sucky wrestlers. When will Benjamin/Dinsmore/Basham come up from OVW?