TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest converge241

Backwards Messages

Guest converge241

what are the ones youve heard

and/or the famous ones youve heard of?

my first one i played myself was Ozzy - "bloodbath in paradise" when you play the garbled voice it says "your mother sells welchs(?) in hell"

of course you have "do It" on Judas Priest - Better By You but i havent heard that one myself

then there are the beatles ones (which i defer to more of a Beatles fan)

any others?

There's the rumour that "Stairway to Heaven", if played backwards, contained the phrase "Hail to my sweet Satan."

There's also a rumour that if you play The Wall backwards that the following can be heard:

"Congratulation! You have found the secret message. Please send all responses to the Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm." or something very similar to that.

Guest The Metal Maniac

Actually, Better By You, Better Then Me contains no intended backwards messages. Judas Priest proved (In court, mind you) that any sort of messages anyone heard were merely random combinations of sounds, and nothing intended.

And there's also Maiden's backwards intro to Still Life, which was actually a gag. The message played forwards is still pretty unintelligible.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Backwards messages are, more often than not, just what some person THINKS they heard so they can slander the artist.

Guest The Metal Maniac

Hence, Judas Priest being taken to court.

"Yes, I know that my son was on drugs, had problems with school and with his family, but DAMMIT, Judas Priest made him shoot half his face off!"

I hate people.

Especially people who point to metal music as spawning all these suicides (There's been at least 2 other suicides that people have tried to pin on Ozzy) while turning a blind eye to the fact that the only music PROVEN to have a negative effect on people is actually Country/Western (People tend to drink more while listening to it) and the fact that I think the only person who ever said "Music made me do this" was Charles Manson, and he was talking about the fucking Beatles.

Thus proving, with enough acid, you can blame anything on anyone and have some kinda convulted reason.

Guest converge241

thats what i meant when i said i havent heard it when i started the thread..i own stained class

a lot of the ones i wanted people to share could be subjective to the listener..

just wanted to say what i meant

Guest JangoFett4Hire

Beatles - Cranberry Sauce is at the end of "Strawberry Fields" although, now that I think of it, that might not be backwards, just muddled... but at the end of "I'm So Tired" john seems to say "Paul's gone, miss him miss him MISS HIM!!" I did hear that and could argue a case for it...

LOL - anyone remember on the inside sleeve of "Shout at the Devil" by Motley Crue, there was a warning of possible hidden messages?

Guest LooseCannon

I've heard the supposed "do it" in Stained Class. That was totally grasping at straws. I think the lawyer for that family was the only person to ever hear it.

Guest evenflowDDT

?egassem sdrawkcab a evah ot desoppus si llaW ehT no gnos tahw ,hguoht ylsuoireS ;) ?sdnab latem suoived esoht tuoba wonk I od tahw ,yllaer tub ,ti ekil smargorp rehto dna egrofdnuoS htiw won kcehc ot ysae os s'ti ecnis yllanosrep .s.b saw taht thguoht syawla I

Guest CoreyLazarus416

evenflow, I hate hate HATE you for making me read that. .taht daer em ginkam rof uoy ETAH etah etah I ,wolfneve

Guest evenflowDDT
evenflow, I hate hate HATE you for making me read that. .taht daer em ginkam rof uoy ETAH etah etah I ,wolfneve

:lol:

Sorry. I couldn't resist, but it was even harder typing it, having to hit "left"-letter-"left"-letter-"left"-space-"left"-letter...

But anyway, yea, it's so easy to check for "backwards" messages these days with Soundforge and any other audio-editing program, but as mentioned earlier, if you're "told" to listen to for something, you're more likely to hear it... like the "take off your clothes" from Aladdin and "God damn stupid n----" from Roger Rabbit. Same principle, its gobbledygook until somebody tells you the secret message they're "supposed to be saying".

Guest LooseCannon

This isn't a backwards message, but did anyone else ever hear the "jesus christ go to hell" at the beginning of Def Leppard's "Love Bites?" You'd only hear it on the album, cause they always cut that part out when they play it on the radio.

Guest Harry Hood

On the wall I think it's empty spaces

On another note about Pink Floyd...listening to DSOTM on my cd all the way thorugh to the absolute end of eclipse, there's some music played that sounds like the beatles, anyone know what it is?

Oh and ELO did a lot of backwards messaging.

Guest NoCalMike

During the intro of Deicide's "Satan-Spawn the Cacao-Demon" there is some backwards stuff and we did the sound recorder job to it, and it is him saying, "Satan Spawn.....the Cacao-Demon" a few times.......cool stuff.

Guest JangoFett4Hire

Isn't the Cacao Demon that thing that looks like a Madball in the VG "DOOM" ?