TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest converge241

Your most hated sports franchise

Guest converge241

Is there any team from any sport you just despise?

Serious or ridiculous reasons are welcome.

It can be anything from territorial natural enemies, sick of seeing them ,or you just dont like their uniforms.

I hate the Dallas Cowboys.

Just too sick of them from the glory years and all the bandwagon jumpers.

Special added detriment of Jerry Jones

ugh

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Baseball: New York Yankees.  Always have, always will.

Hockey:  Toronto Maple Leafs.  Territorial rivals, and I am sick of the media kissing their ass.

Football:  Whatever the current favourite among the bandwagon jumpers is.  Right now its the St. Louis Rams.

Basketball:  Los Angelas Lakers.  I hated Kareem.  I hated Magic.  I hate Shaq.  I hate Kobe.  I hate Phil Jackson.  I hate the god-awful purple & yellow uniforms.

Guest Bruin

Baseball - New York Yankees.. Rammed down your throat more than a Test push

Football - Pittsburgh Steelers, this is mostly territorial, plus the fact that I can't stand Kordell..

Basketball - Lakers, Urk.. Don't get me started

Guest Crazy Dan

Baseball: (tie) Yankees, and Dodgers... The Yankees because it's annoying that they always win and the fact that Steinbrenner is the most evil man in baseball, I am sure the devil is going to be comming for his soul very soon

I hate the Dodgers because I am a Giant's fan, so I have to hate them on principle

Football:  The Cowboys, mainly beacuse of Jerry Jones

Basketball: The Lakers... I have never really liked them, I don't like Phil Jackson, who only has success when he has the best players, Hey Phil, rebuild a team from scratch, and then I will consider you a good coach.  And the Laker fans, whom I have stated in other posts, probably don't know that the game has four quarters, considering most of them show up for the second, and leave after the third.  I just love die-hard fans such as these.  Also throw in that many of them yak on their cell phones for the whole game, and you can see why I just loathe the Lakers.

Guest converge241

Im a Steelers fan, and I have my problems with Kordell :)

my other sports hates:

baseball: Yankees , just sick of it

basketball: Utah Jazz , cant put my finger on it. I just really dont like the franchise

Hockey: Unfortunately all the latest expansion teams: Columbus, Minnesotta, Nashville. They need to wait until hockey gets more popular before adding thes teams each year. extra dislike for The Wild cause no one can replace my North Stars

Guest Eraser2K2

Oh yeah, the Lakers, Cowboys and Yankees are the worst.  They are all the "bandwagon jumper" type of team, and I hate those teams.  The Rams are also getting up there.  

I guess there isn't really a dominant team in the NHL to hate.  I can't hate the Red Wings, I live in Michigan.  I dont think enough people watch for the NHL to have a "bandwagon jumper" team.  Oh well.

Guest arejay

football - KC Chiefs. I'm a Raider fan, so that's a given.

basketball - Utah Jazz.  Stockton is a dirty player. Period.

baseball - Red Sox. Let the curse continue. Cubs too.

hockey - Colorado Avalanche. No reason really. Hockey is way down on my 'care about' list; they just always seemed to punk the Red Wings every time I turned around.

Guest goodhelmet

football- denver broncos, 49ers, Dallas Cowboys (in that order)

baseball- the Yankees.

basketball- The Lakers. being a Celtics fan and all. I hate everything about the organization...ever! Magic, Kareem, West, Elgin, Rambis, Kobe, Shaq-Fu. They can all kiss my ass!

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I hate the Cowboys...mainly because Fox ALWAYS showed their games for like a decade.

I also hate John Madden...who called those games.

In Baseball:  I hate the Brewers...not because of their team...but because of Bud Selig.

In Hockey:  I hate the fucking Dallas Stars...those cup stealing mother fuckers.

In Basketball...I hate Basketball...So I'll go with everyone BUT the Wizards and Grizzlies.

NOT because of Jordan...because that's where my 2 favorite players play...Christian Laettner and Shane Battier.

Guest Sassquatch

Baseball: San Francisco Giants.  It's a Dodgers thing.

Hockey:  Colorado Avalanche.  Burn you bastards.

Football:  Buffalo Bills, St.Louis Rams, KC Chiefs, and the Denver Broncos, the Chicago Bears.  I hate Denver and KC because I'm a Raiders fan and I hate the Bears because I'm also a Pack fan.  The Bills are the biggest chokers EVER, and Georgia can go fuck off for moving the Rams from LA.

Basketball:  Utah Jazz, Philly 76ers, Boston Celtics, Chicago Bulls, and the LA Clippers.  Boston is a joke, Malone and Stockton can blow me, the 76ers had their 15 minutes of fame last year, the (former) Bulls bandwagon fans can fuck off, and the LA Clippers "fans" can go to hell.

Guest Bosstones Fan

Baseball:  The fucking Houston Astros.  Two reasons:  1) I'm a Cubs fan (who lives in Houston, no less) and 2) I've never seen a team play as badly as they do in the playoffs.  

Football:  The Minnesota Vikings.  Randy Moss is still a punk ass, but with both that whiny bitch Cris Carter and that dumbass Dennis Green gone, it may be harder to hate them now.

Basketball:  The whole NBA sucks, so I gotta go with my most hated college team:  the Duke Blue Devils.  Overrated chumps...

Hockey:  I'm from Texas, so I don't give a damn about hockey.  They could fold the whole sport up and I wouldn't care.  

Sportscaster (to follow bps21's lead):  Pat Summerall.  I'm glad he retired because I don't know if I could take any more of his horrible announcing.

Guest Army Eye

Baseball: Yankees - They have to keep buying up the big free agents every year to keep winning and I'm supposed to be impressed?

Football: Dolphins - A Jets/Dolphins rivalry thing.  It's been fun beating up on them!

Basketball: Bulls - All the people who jumped on the Bulls bandwagon made me hate them.  Wonder who those pussies are rooting for now..

Guest treble charged

Baseball: Yankees - That's a given. I'm a Blue Jays fan (same division) who wears a Mets hat, just to show some support for the other NY team, with fans who aren't complete morons.

Hockey: I don't really hate any teams, but the team I dislike the most is probably the Senators, mostly because they're my dad's favourite team and since I like the Leafs, it gives me great pleasure to see them beat the Sens in the playoffs every year.

Football: Bills - Stupid dumbasses, got rid of Flutie, and that bit them in the ass.

Basketball: I'm indifferent towards most of the teams, I follow the Raptors, but lately, that hasn't been much fun.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

My least favourite sportscaster is Bob Costas.  I don't know what it is about him, but whenever I see him I get a strange urge to beat the crap out of him.

Guest El Satanico

Football is only sport i follow closely and the Steelers are the only team that i hate and always will. This is mainly just because i'm a Browns fan. Because of being a Browns fan i also hold a certian dislike for the Broncos and the Ravens. I don't hate the Broncos and Ravens as a team i just hate Elway and Art Modell. So i don't hate the Broncos as much now that Elway is gone and as soon as Modell is gone i won't have any reason to hate the Ravens.

I almost would say that i hate the Rams now. However the reason that keeps me from hating them is that they deserve to win and to be cocky about being good after all the horrible seasons they have had. However i very much dislike Mike Martz, and Kurt Warner gets on my damn nerves.

Oh yeah and being from Columbus, Ohio i also hate Michigan in college.

I'm not a big baseball fan but i have a strong dislike for the Yankees. No real reason just get sick of always hearing about them. I also don't like it when you pretty much know that certian teams will be playing for the championship every season. I have no problem with them seemingly buying the top free agent every year since they aren't the only team with a high payroll. They are like Duke University of the MLB and everyone wants to play for them so they just have the edge in getting who they want.

I'm not a big fan of basketball and hardly even watch it even during playoffs so i don't really hate any team. I just root aganest whoever is favored to win the title.

I'm not an NHL fanatic but since i'm from Ohio i now cheer for Bluejackets. So since the Red Wings are rivals to us i suppose that they are my hated team.

Guest Vern Gagne

Baseball: The Mets and Cardnials

Football: Redskins and Cowboys

Hockey: Rangers and Blackhawks (Secord sucks)

Basketball: Mavericks and Knicks

All time it's the Celtics. Showtime was the greatest era in Basketball history. That in the fact that the Lakers won 5 rings, and the Celtics only 3. The Lakers won head to head 2 twice. So rack Magic, Big Play James, His Royal Baldness,Coop, A.C., Byron, Norm Nixon, Bob McAdoo, Mycheal Thompson, Rambis, and Chuck Nevitt.

Guest El Hijo Del Lunatic

Well, I hate the Cowboys and EVERY TEAM EVER STATIONED OUT OF PHILADELPHIA (overrated, overhyped pieces of shit with the most moronic, disgusting, sickening fans EVER), but what's with all the Laker hate?  I mean, I kinda get that it's because they've been dominant the past few years, but NOBODY'S indifferent over them?  I understand that the people who fill the Staples Center during Laker games come late and leave early, but do you think they're the hardcore fans or are they just the hollywood wannabe players trying to be seen?  And it's not like the Lakers play dirty ball, like the Pistons of ten years ago.  Side note:  don't start with the "Shaq fouls everytime" crap, because there's a WHOLE thread dedicated to that, and I've said more than my piece there.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Baseball (I'm a Phillies fan) - Mets, Yankees, Braves

Basketball (I'm a 76ers fan) - Lakers, Knicks

Hockey (I'm a Flyers fan) - Devils, Rangers

Football (I'm a Dolphins fan) - Bills (Music City Miracle had me falling off my bed laughing, and Scott Norwood missing wide right was a beautiful thing, too), Jets

College (Miami Hurricane and Penn State fan) - Notre Dame, Florida State, Michigan, Ohio State

Guest El Satanico

Well "dirty play" is the only thing that can make basketball watchable so I suppose you could hate a team for not "playing dirty".

Guest starvenger

NFL: Dallas Cowboys.  Which sucks, since I like Emmitt Smith.  Buffalo Bills, because of the fans.  Get over it already!!

MLB: The Yankees, because they're the Yankees, and the Brewers, because of Bud.

NHL: Chicago and Detroit.  And any other team that Chelios decides to go to (if that happens).  And Buffalo as well.

NBA: Orlando, LA, and Memphis.  I've got a love/hate thing with Philly due to both Iverson and Mutumbo being there.

CFL: Hamilton.  Yeah, I know you guys don't care...

Guest gthureson

NFL: Don't follow the league enough anymore to have any hated teams.  I barely follow my Dolphins anymore.

NBA: Eh.  Who cares.

MLB:  I suppose I can hate the Marlins with a passion now, seeing as their new owner took over my Expos when they were struggling, then left them a forgotten husk of a team on life support.   Way to go, Jeff!

NHL: Toronto Maple Leafs.   I hate their fans.  I despise any player who pulls on a Leafs jersey, because to Toronto fans they immediately become one of the best players in the league.   My best memories of the NHL are the 80s, when my Oilers stomped the league into submission, and the Leafs were run by Ballard.   I also hate Pat Quinn and his constant whining about the refs out to get the Maple Leafs.

Guest Jericholic82

well I guess I am in the minority here, being a Yank's fan.  But I am a real fan, who hangs on the results of every game in the season (and that's hard to do, since I moved to Cal 8 years ago, got to look at scores online and 5 seconds of ESPN)  so here are my haters club

MLB: Boston Red Sox (but I mean that in a good way, our feud is the greatest in all of sports)

NFL: Cowboys (boy did their hype fall fast

NBA: Lakers (and you talk about Yankee band wagons, I've never seen so many people buy Lakers flags for their cars, when I had never seen more than a few jerseys on select people.  The hype is far worse then anything else)

NHL:  I don't follow hockey much, but i'll say the Kings since my uncle likes them so much (lol)

Were not all band wagoners you know

And NYer's are not so bad once you get to know us

But I accept that you will always hate my team, but that's your hangup, not mine

In my opinion, unless you are a Red Sox or Mets fan, or even Braves, you have no real reason to hate NYY, but that's just my humble opinion

"Don't mistake pride for arrognace"

"Winning isn't everything, it's how you play the game."

Guest starvenger

>NHL: Toronto Maple Leafs.  

You know, I was gonna make a point about how Canadian hockey fans seem to either love or hate the Leafs with no middle ground...

>I hate their fans.  I despise any player who pulls on a Leafs jersey, because to Toronto fans they immediately become one of the best players in the league.  

You're making fun of Ian Turnbull and Brad Smith, aren't you?  The reason that happens is that the Toronto media tries to make everything seem like "that's not a bad thing (grin), that's a good thing (grin)".  Wendel Clark for Kenny Jonsson was definitely not a good thing.

>My best memories of the NHL are the 80s, when my Oilers stomped the league into submission, and the Leafs were run by Ballard.  

Those 80's Leafs were amazing at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory.  And the Oilers...  the NHL created rules just to slow them down (coincidental minors, anyone?).  How insane is that?

Guest redbaron51

Baseball: Texas Rangers: Not sure why, but I never liked Texas.

Football: Buffalo Bills, well I just make fun of them and St. Louis, great team, but they aren't that great.

Basketball: Lakers: Too many superstars. 76ers: Iverson.

Hockey: Toronto Maple Leafs, I'm a Canadiens fan, plus the fans are ignorant, same with the Buffalo fans.

Nascar: Not true racing.

Soccer: Man U. Bunch of no talent bums

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

NFL: It's a tie between the Ravens and the Titans since they both are in the same division as my Jags. FUCK EDDIE GEORGE AND STEVE MCNAIR!!!!!

College: Tennessee. I fucking HATE Philip Fulmer.

NBA: I used to hate the Lakers the most, but now the Utah Jizz piss me off more. I echo the poster who said that John Stockton is a dirty player.

College: Tie between the Dukies or Stanford.

Baseball: The Yankees, although I've really developed a blinding hatred for Dodgers lately.

Hockey: I hate hockey, NEXT!

Commentator: A tie between Bob Costas, Pat Summerall, and Al Micheals. Congrats, you all suck.

Guest starvenger
How are Buffalo fans ignorant?

I agree here.  Buffalo fans are a bitter, jaded bunch due to their teams not winning the "Big One", but ignorant?  Nah.

Guest hardyz1

MLB:  Yankees and Braves, also the Astros because I'm a Cub fan

NBA:  Lakers and Jazz

NHL:  Colorado (I'm a Red Wing fan)

NFL:  Cowboys, Steelers, Vikings

College:  Penn State(I live near there), Florida State, Nebraska

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Yes.

I would classify us as bitter and jaded.

I'd throw in distrustful and drunk....

but NOT ignorant.

Guest DrEvil

NHL - Mighty Ducks of Anaheim

Where to start, OK, how about the fact that they are named afters a fucking children's movie, why not the Big Bird's of Anaheim or the Tickle me Elmo's of Anaheim.  The entire organiztion from their name to their logo is cartoonish, not really an image for one of the toughest sports. Another annoyance is how they do their name - it goes "city name" "team name", not vice versa (just an annoyance).  The management lobbying to turn hockey in basketball on ice also pissed on the tradition of the sport.

MLB - New York Yankees

Just for constantly winning with such a high payroll.  Some argue that it's survival of the fittest, but what happens when the fittest kill off their competition.

NBA - Toronto Raptors

Leading the league in bitching and excuses for how many years now.

NFL - Buffalo Bills

Get over it, and get over yourselves.