TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest converge241

Your most hated sports franchise

Guest oldschoolwrestling

Baseball- Giants, since Barry Bonds is an ass

Football-Any team that has Carmen Policy and the Denver Broncos, and my Raiders just picked up Romanowski, I don't know whether to be happy or pissed

Basketball-Jazz, Malone is an ass and as Jim Rome says, Stockton is the Pasty-Faced Gangsta

Hockey-Any team that has Eric Lindros

Boxing-I hate that ass from HBO Larry Merchant, that racist bastard

Guest treble charged
Hockey: Toronto Maple Leafs, I'm a Canadiens fan, plus the fans are ignorant, same with the Buffalo fans.

I'd just like to know how Leafs' fans are ignorant.

Guest Anorak

Leeds United: A bunch of hooligans on and off the pitch. Smith, Mills, Bowyer, Woodgate & Viduka are all nasty peices of work. It was no surprise to me that the Bowyer & Woodgate were involved in that assault on the asian student as rascism has always been rife from the club as a whole over the years. The same rascist chants and ugly atmosphere happen every season when they come to Leicester but at least we wont have to put up with it next season. David O'Leary and Peter Risdale are both arrogant, smarmy people who are full of shit.

Spurs: I just hate their fans. A bunch of sad whining idiots who bore everybody to death. Just accept that you are not a big club anymore and live with it. The Sol Campbell stuff just showed up their stupidity and ignorance better than anything. I also have a grudge against the many Spurs fans who make their living as sportswriters in the national press. All the crap that was written about the 1999 League Cup Final exposed their utter lack of objectivity, less biased accounts of the game could probably be found in a Spurs fanzine! Jeff Powell wrote the biggest load of utter drivel in the D***y M**l and just blamed Leicester and Robbie Savage for the whole shitty game and ugly scenes. 'Leicester ruined the game'! Savage is an animal! Leicester players are ticket touts! (true i suppose, but only the Londoners in the squad!). No comments on Spurs playing as crap as us, Spurs players diving, punching people or generally cheating. The only reason the ticket thing came to light was because some Spurs fans were punching women in the Leicester end!

Man Utd: I dont hate Man Utd that much on the whole as i admire players like Beckham and Van Nistelrooy. The more obnoxious element of their fanbase continue to be the most annoying people on the planet and the most clueless about football in general. Roy Keane, the Neville brothers and Ryan Giggs (most overrated goal ever) are all pretty loathsome individuals as well. Ferguson may be charmless and irritating but you have to respect his record. I think they have to reach another Champions League final to be considered alongside the best European club teams of the last 12 years or so. AC Milan, Juventus, Real Madrid, Ajax and Bayern Munich are all above Man Utd for me as far as ranking the best club sides since about 1990.

Guest AaronRock70

NFL- The Packers. If I hear about how much Brett Favre loves the game one more time I'll kill him...

NHL- I can't say I hate any, being a Wings fan I have a dislike for the Avs, Blackhawks and the Leafs somewhat, but I don't hate any. I do most certainly loathe Patrick Roy, though.

NBA- I hate the Lakers. God how I hate LA. Utah isn't much better.

MLB- Yankees, of course. Who else is their to hate?

College Football- Nebraska. Outdated and constantly overrated. Michigan State, Ohio State, and Notre Dame can go to hell too. Bet you can't guess who I like!

College B-Ball- North Carolina. Despite their record the committee will still give them a #6 seed, I can just feel it. Temple bores me to death, also.

Guest redbaron51

*biased*

Most leaf fans I know, are pretty much ignorant. Win they win, never shut up, lose make up excuses. Well maybe not the fans are ignorant, some are, but the Toronto Media are very ignorant, over-exaggerating on everything.

I guess they are just desperate that they haven't won the cup in 34 years and counting.

Buffalo is more of a whine, but like Toronto its just there fans that are ignorant.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

"Most leaf fans I know, are pretty much ignorant. Win they win, never shut up, lose make up excuses. Well maybe not the fans are ignorant, some are, but the Toronto Media are very ignorant, over-exaggerating on everything."

Most Leafs fans I know are ok.  You are 100% correct about the media however.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

NFL - Buffalo Bills

Get over it, and get over yourselves.

OK...I live in Buffalo...and would like to know what it is we're supposed to get over.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

"OK...I live in Buffalo...and would like to know what it is we're supposed to get over. "

Rob Johnson is gone now.  That's a start.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

A GREAT START.

Plus we signed London Fletcher for half of Sam Cowart...and no one knows how Cowart will come back from his injury.

...I will miss him though...but I feel the club made a good decision and a very good deal.

Guest starvenger

>Win they win, never shut up, lose make up excuses.

That probably describes about 50% of any team's fanbase.

>Well maybe not the fans are ignorant, some are, but the Toronto Media are very ignorant, over-exaggerating on everything.

Ignorant?  No (exceptions: John Gallagher, half of the Toronto Sun reporters).  Prone to reporting everything with a pro-Toronto bias and over-exaggeration?  Yes.  

Again, this is quite typical of any sports town's media.  Why write about some other team when what people really want is articles about the local team?  

>I guess they are just desperate that they haven't won the cup in 34 years and counting.

Well, gold medal euphoria should hold off the pain until the playoffs.  But winning the Stanley Cup would be nice.  Still, if the fans didn't feel the "desparate" need for the Leafs to win the Cup (i.e. we lose our passion for hockey), then I'd say that it'd be time for the Leafs to leave Toronto.

Guest treble charged

The thing about the Toronto media is, a hockey columnist can write a column about teams like Anaheim or Columbus, and it will still get read.

Another thing, I'm certain that Damien Cox (Toronto Star hockey columnist) not only hate the Leafs, but he also hates the NHL.  He's more cynical than half the people at this board are towards the WWF.

Guest Brooding Genius

Baseball: New York Mets

You want the REAL bad element of New York?  Visit Shea Stadium.  Met fans are the most obnoxious, low-class boors I've ever had the displeasure of watching a game with.

Football: Dallas Cowboys

"America's Team" my ass.

Hockey: Philadelphia Flyers

The players are overhyped.  The front office is irritating.  The fans are vile.  What's to like?

Basketball: Whatever team Phil Jackson is coaching

Why anyone thinks he's a great coach is beyond me.  He's a great opportunist, I'll give you that.  He got behind the Chicago bench just as Michael Jordan emerged as the greatest star of the early 90s, and he got the job in L.A. when they had two of the ten best players in the league.  He's even dating the owner's daughter now.  He's the NBA equivalent of Triple H: not really talented at what he does, but great at positioning himself politically.

Broadcaster: John Sterling (Yankees radio)

Awful.  Just... awful.

Guest gthureson
>NHL: Toronto Maple Leafs.  

You know, I was gonna make a point about how Canadian hockey fans seem to either love or hate the Leafs with no middle ground...

You're making fun of Ian Turnbull and Brad Smith, aren't you?  The reason that happens is that the Toronto media tries to make everything seem like "that's not a bad thing (grin), that's a good thing (grin)".  Wendel Clark for Kenny Jonsson was definitely not a good thing.

Those 80's Leafs were amazing at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory.  And the Oilers...  the NHL created rules just to slow them down (coincidental minors, anyone?).  How insane is that?

It still happens in Toronto even though Turnbull and Smith are long gone.

I've had to work with big Leafs fans and one trade rumour site I go to is overrun with Leaf fans.

Let me say this now to all your Maple Leaf fans:  Mats Sundin is a soft point-a-game guy.   Nice to have on your team, but not God's Gift to Hockey!   Curtis Joseph has never won anything.  Ever.  In his life.   Unless you count the gold medal, except he rode that riding the bench.   You do not have a Stanley Cup quality team.

The worst are the trade rumours that fly around on this other site.   They generally go like this:

Toronto is going to trade Farkas, Hoglund and Cory Cross for <Insert superstar name here>.   This deal, with sometimes Nathan Dempsey being swapped in for Jeff Farkas, has been rumoured for Paul Kariya, Jarome Iginila, Teemu Selanne, Tony Amonte, Bill Guerin and Jason Allison.    Apparently the trade value for career minor leaguers and fringe players triples once they put on a Maple Leafs jersey.

I am also waiting for the league to give into to Toronto's demands to put another column in the standing just for them.   The one that reads 'CL' for 'Close Loss' and give them a point for it, because that is all I ever hear from the Leafs.  

"It was a close loss!   If the refs hadn't been against us like Quinn said, we would have won!"

Kenny Jonsson was overrated, but I did like who Cliff Fletcher described three guys as 'The Future of The Maple Leafs'.   Kenny Jonnsson, Felix Potvin and Mats Sundin.  Within two years, Jonsson was dealt, CuJo was signed and Mats Sundin is still Mats Sundin.  Whatever.

I was almost a fan of the Leafs under Ballard.   I got get into watching Leafs games, because I was fairly sure they would get blasted every time out.   Made it fun to watch HNIC.   But Sather coaching the Oilers just wasn't fair.  And it was the first time the league introduced rules against one team since the Canadiens in the '50s.  (When they ruled the player comes out of the box if a goal is scored during a minor penalty.   The old-time Habs would score two or three during that 2 minutes.)

Thanks for putting up with my anti-Leafs tirade.

BTW, did I mention that I hate them?

Guest The Electrifyer

I just hate the Utah Jazz. I can't stand seeing them. They just bore the hell out of me. I can't stand watching a single game of theres. But I have a feeling Malone and Stockton are still gonna be in the NBA for a while. :angry:

Guest TUS_02

Baseball - I hate to be Cpt. Redundant Redundant here, but living in the tri-state area, it's gets no worse then Yankees.  One of my room mates is a huge Skankee fan and it served the rest of us no greater pleasure then to see them lose this past World Series.  

Basketball - Again, Im being repetitive, but it's quite nessisary to say how much I hate the Lakers.  I hate Kobe more then any person I know.... uh, personally.  Shaq is a tool that is lucky he has a huge body.    

There really is no team that I hate in the NFL... ditto with NHL

Guest starvenger

>I've had to work with big Leafs fans and one trade rumour site I go to is overrun with Leaf fans.

Oh, man, that's worse than going to the wrestling news boards!!  You gotta try and find some SANE Leaf fans to hang around with, because we ain't all like that.

>Toronto is going to trade Farkas, Hoglund and Cory Cross for <Insert superstar name here>.   This deal, with sometimes Nathan Dempsey being swapped in for Jeff Farkas, has been rumoured for Paul Kariya, Jarome Iginila, Teemu Selanne, Tony Amonte, Bill Guerin and Jason Allison.    

Aiya!  Farkas has been a career minor leaguer, Hoglund's a floater, and Cross is a decent 4-5 D-man.  Who WOULDN'T trade Kariya for these three?

>Thanks for putting up with my anti-Leafs tirade.

Hey, no prob.

Guest treble charged

I'm a sane Leafs' fan (or at least I like to think I am)

Anyway, I guess gthureson will never be getting the 75 Forever Leafs' DVD, which, BTW, was nowhere near as good as it could have been.  The extra features are terrible.  I mean, come on, how hard would it have been to throw in a section with classic Leafs' goals (Gilmour's wrap-around against the Blues in '93 comes to mind)?  Stats and pictures don't cut it in my opinion.