Green Lantern

Green Arrow

Captain America

Iron Man

Savage dragon

Azrael

*Also what is the best Spider man comic right now?*

Guest areacode212

Well, out of all of those, the only one I read is Green Arrow. It's *ok*...pretty good at times, pretty mediocre at others. They're changing creative teams soon, so wait and see, but in the meantime, I'm sure a TPB collecting Kevin Smith's run will be out soon.

As for best Spider-Man title, you'll have to wait for someone else to respond...I picked up the issue of Amazing where Aunt May and Peter have The Talk, and I liked it, but I don't plan on collecting it regularly. Supposedly, Raven (from the WWF) quoted something from a recent issue of Amazing in a promo, if you consider that a recommendation.

I like Tangled Web a lot (as you may have been able to tell from the 2/27 reviews thread), but it's not a *regular* Spidey book. It's a series of isolated stories which focus on "regular people" who are affected by Spider-Man's actions. The latest issue is awesome, and I highly recommend it, but since each story arc is by a different creative team, it's inconsistent. Most of them have been good, though.

Guest areacode212

Oh, and by the way, Raven will be co-writing an upcoming Tangled Web with Brian Azzarello, about Crusher Hogan (the wrestler whose ass Peter kicked).

Guest Sassquatch

How many issues do you want to scale back?

I would keep Iron Man, Cap, Green Arrow, and Amazing Spider-Man is the best spidey title out of the two regular titles (save for Tangled Web which I would highly recommend).

Guest starvenger
Supposedly, Raven (from the WWF) quoted something from a recent issue of Amazing in a promo, if you consider that a recommendation.

Raven's supposed to be co-writing an issue of Tangled Web, I think.  If you see a certain hunter crying "What about me?  What about Kraven?" you'll know who wrote it.

...ye gods that was a bad one...

Guest converge241

Get back into Savage Dragon when the book returns the real world. I love Larsen's writing and stayed with Savage Dragon for years. Once the world was "destroyed" and he arrived in the new world I gave it 6 issues and then gave up. It was too 70's marvel for my tastes. And I know he did it to bring in more fans and to improve the sales, cause there was a lot of continuity to follow, but he lost more fans than he ever gained with that idea. Now he's coming back and returning to the strongest supporting cast of characters in any comic ever.

also, best letters page in comics. The best part is you dont have to go back and get those few years of "savage world" issues as it's a self contained storyline. Also the origin will be revealed in the Image Hardcover.

Guest One Bad Apple
Oh, and by the way, Raven will be co-writing an upcoming Tangled Web with Brian Azzarello, about Crusher Hogan (the wrestler whose ass Peter kicked).

Wow, where'd you hear this?

And what was the most recent issue of Tangled Web, anyway?  That the one with the two kids and Electro by Kaare Andrews?  Because I hated that bullshit.

Guest areacode212

Yeah, the one with the two kids was a "miss" in the hit-and-miss world of Tangled Web. The latest one was the Valentine's Day issue by Darwyn Cooke.

As for the Raven/Azzarello issue, it was mentioned at a press conference a week or so ago. It was at Newsarama:

- Alonso added that June's issue of Tangled Web, #15, will be written and drawn by Paul Pope, and that WWF wrestler "Raven" will co-write May's issue #14 with Brian Azzarello, as it is a story about Crusher Hogan, the wrestler Peter Parker wrestled against for money shortly after he gained his spider-powers.

Incidentally, I was at the comic store today, and I read an issue of Marvel Knights Magazine, which featured interviews with Raven and Al Snow. Raven mentioned that he was good friends with Azzarello and the opening blurb of the interview noted in passing that Raven was actually drawn in an issue of 100 Bullets. Anyone know which issue this was?