TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Week 25

Guest nikowwf

Good review, although I thought you rated some matches way too high. Taste I guess, although you said the same thing about the gauntlet I thought, then gave it a higher review.

Still, very detailed review and real good.

niko

Guest William E

Somewhere Ace Steele is in a corner crying after reading the review :P , but good review though.

Guest JHawk
Great review as always, though a bit harsh on Steel maybe? Heh.

And why did people keep breaking pins in the gauntlet? Doesn't make sense.

Probably for the same reason they make saves in battle royals...

Um....

I got nothing.

Guest the 1inch punch

So, Steele is lousy anyway. Personally i would have preferrerd Alex Wynters in there

Great review as always, though a bit harsh on Steel maybe? Heh.

And why did people keep breaking pins in the gauntlet? Doesn't make sense.

Please....that was TAME on Ace Steel, go read my Week 15 & especially Week 16's review in the Archives if you really want to see why Ace Steel hates me.

Dames

Guest dreamer420
Somewhere Ace Steele is in a corner crying after reading the review :P , but good review though.

Steel sucks and looks out of place in a ring. I hope he was crying like a little girl with a skinned knee.

I'll give the man credit though...he did hit an impressive springboard front dropkick yesterday, but other than that, he does NOTHING for me.

Dames

Guest dreamer420
I'll give the man credit though...he did hit an impressive springboard front dropkick yesterday, but other than that, he does NOTHING for me.

Dames

He almost took Rave's head off with that. I was actually impressed wih Jimmy Rave last night as he bumped his ass off.

Guest Tony149

As always...good review Dames. A couple of suggestions: pimp the fact the Road Warriors need to go back to their all black AWA/NWA look (black tights with Road Warriors in red lettering, black shoulder pads with silver spikes, etc), and how TNA should try to work something out with DC Comics/AOL Time Warner to get permission to market "suntan" Superman t-shirts. That's money waiting to roll in for TNA & The Truth.

Guest bob_barron

Are they allowed to call Animal and Hawk Legion of Doom or is that a WWF/E trademark?

Guest The Notorious CRD

If I recall correctly, the Road Warriors have used the Legion of Doom name prior to their run in the WWF because I remember them being intro'd as "the Legion of Doom... The Road Warriors!" I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

Guest the 1inch punch

I think it was Road Warrior Hawk, Road Warrior Animal, the Legion of Doom

Guest converge241

Road Warriors, Bundy, Sawyer and maybe Roberts (maybe even some others) had the name in an older territory around 83/84 or so

Guest bob_barron

Oh ok- I just wondered if Tenay was allowed to call them that.

Does anyone think TNA is making a mistake by not announcing these guys in advance or do you think the anyone can show up atmosphere will help buyrates??

I'm kinda mixed on the idea. I liked being surprised and marking out on LOD and Piper and such, but I can see how they should market it. Maybe that's what the replays are for.

Guest dreamer420

I was thinking about the replays too, and TNA probably doesn't announce big names in advance just to boost the replay buyrates.

They did announce that Low Ki, Daniels, and Skipper were coming I think. I'm kind of glad they don't announce surprise names if they aren't going to be wrestling as it doesn't gets peoples hopes up.

Guest Tony149

I'm pretty sure TNA would be allowed to call Hawk & Animal L.O.D. But NWA/WCW always prefered to call them the Road Warriors. So I assume TNA will do the same thing.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I'm glad they don't announce these things early.

It seems that they have started adding lines like "you never know who'll show up next" and stuff like that to theif site and previews.

That's probably good enough if they can create the feeling that you really don't know if someone will show up.

Hell...if you'd have told me last week that the main event would be the SATs and Red vs. Daniels, Skipper and Ki...and that David Flair and Road Warriors would be on my screen at various points...

Guest Big Poppa Popick

BTW..thanks dames...Ace Steel really DOESN'T like you, but then again backstage he's quite anti-social

but he did give me several glares because they all knew where i was from

:)

Guest Slapnuts00

Well, if they're gonna show up and do suprise run ins than obviously it should be unannounced. They should only hype an appearence if theyre gonna be in a match.