TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest pappajacks

Best promo in WWE history?

Guest pappajacks

I've been following WWF/E programming for close to 15 years now.

There have been many memorable promos through the years but my vote has to go to Heyman's speech on the last Smackdown before Survivor Series 2001. I still believe those were shoot comments by the way.

Guest HartFan86

So many...

Flair/Vince/WWF Desire Video from eariler this year (I still go back and you can feel the electricty with those two face to face and Flair cutting that promo)

Rock/Hogan Night after NWO 2002 (Take out the part when the nWo murder the Rock, this had everything and more. From a great face to face with Rock/Hogan leading to an awesome nWo beatdown, one of the best promos EVER.)

Bret/Bullshit/Week before Mania 13 (Revolutionary.)

I'll update as I think.

Guest crandamaniac

Jericho's Debut. It's interesting to see somebody with that much interest and fanfare coming in, and seeing where he is now.

Guest dreamer420

Paul Heyman's promo after ECW joined the Invasion.

"We're taking this invasion to the extreme" still gives me goosebumps.

Guest Slapnuts00

I still love Bret's heel turn speech where he pushed Vince on his ass and said uncencored "This is bullshit!" and ended with "I'm the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be...and if you don't like it, tough shit!" This was before the Attitude era, and I don't think WWF ever had "shit" go uncencored even during their Attitude years, I haven't seen it since then and I was young fan who was still basically a mark at the time so I didn't really realize the significance, but it still sticks out in my memory.

Guest geniusMoment

That wasn't his heel turn speech. His heel turn speech was the night after mania when he said Americans from coast to coast can kiss his ass.

Best speeches to me are

Cactus from the smackdown before no way out, where he retired

Bret Hart before and after wrestlemania raws

Flair after rumble 92

Best all time for me is Cactus from ECW anti hardcore promo because Tommy really was his saving grace

Guest AnnieEclectic

That Cactus to Dreamer promo may be the best ever, but this is WWE we're talking about... hmmm....

anything with Jake the Snake Roberts from his peak. The man knew how to mind-fuck the audience....

I think my favorite would have to have been the Foley-Ross interview when they were really getting into the Mankind character. Foley seemed to have put a lot of his real life emotion into that interview, and them cutting off in a fade away as Jim Ross got the mandible claw.... that sticks in my mind.

-annie

Guest Downhome

Off the top of my head, two of my favorites is Bret/Owen/Bulldog, when they all finally joined together, I loved the first Mankind promo before he began to wrestle as it's a classic, Austin 3:16 obviously, and many more which I don't have the time to list right now.

Remember that WM IV promo that Jake shot before his match and they showed it on "Beyond The Mat?" JAKE FUCKIN RULED. Otherwise, Heyman on 7/9/01, and Before Survivor Series SD!. Nothing can touch that in sheer emotion coming out of WWE.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Austin 3:16 says I just whooped your ass.

The line that launched a billion dollar company, helped put another out of business and changed the course of North American wrestling forever.

Guest the pinjockey

Best- Austin 3:16 like bps said the line that launched an empire

Favorite- "I AM NOT A JOKE!" the one shining moment Chris Jericho was a real champion

Guest Downhome

My favorite would more than likely be the one right after Owen kicked Bret's leg out from under him. I'll NEVER forget Owen on the big screen, as Bret is being helped to the back. That right there is about as emotional as Pro. Wrestling can get, and very few moments can even come close to it.

Guest Vern Gagne

Mick Foley's speech on Raw, the week after, himself and Terry Funk, were decimated by D-X, and the crowd kept yelling for Austin.

Guest Jobber of the Week

Looking at the money, I'd say Austin 3:16 was the best promo ever.

I still like Mick Foley in 98: "On my best morning, Rock, I could beat your worst mid-to-late afternoon! But remember, it takes a good man to beat Mankind! It just doesn't take him very long. Have a nice day!"

Guest BAR
Remember that WM IV promo that Jake shot before his match and they showed it on "Beyond The Mat?" JAKE FUCKIN RULED. Otherwise, Heyman on 7/9/01, and Before Survivor Series SD!. Nothing can touch that in sheer emotion coming out of WWE.

THat was WMVI before his match with DiBiase. Fucking unbelelievable, one of my all time favourites. His RR92 one also comes to mind... "I could never disappoint myself. You, I don't mind."

Guest Renegade

For humor, I would have to say a raw promo where Rock and Y2J where going to have a match for contendership and kept stealing each others phrases.

Non-humor, the whole string of Austin/Rock promos interview that led to WM 01, really good stuff there.

Guest HartFan86
My favorite would more than likely be the one right after Owen kicked Bret's leg out from under him. I'll NEVER forget Owen on the big screen, as Bret is being helped to the back. That right there is about as emotional as Pro. Wrestling can get, and very few moments can even come close to it.

"And that's why I did what I did and THAT'S why I kicked your leg out of your..........leg."

Guest Downhome

"And that's why I did what I did and THAT'S why I kicked your leg out of your..........leg."

Wooooooooooooooooo!

I'm actually GLAD he messed up, for a very good reason. It showed that he was really emotional, really into his character, and really meaning what he was saying. In real life, when we are worked up like that, we sometimes say things other than what's on our mind, out of rage. It made the promo feel like reality, and for that, it scores points with me.

Guest razazteca

What about Jo Jo Dancer by Mankind

Mankind-Ross interview

Flair intro for the History Desire video

Flair Royal Rumble 92

Flair tell HBK he is not the man on Raw before Armageddon

the 2 Heyman interview during the Invasion "You Stole From Me Vince"

Pipper's Pit vs Mortan Downey

Regal Anti-Hulkamania promo before his match with Hogan

all of the Hart vs Austin material "Just add a S to Hitman, and that is what I think of you"

Rock Get The F Out

Rock vs Hogan

Guest dreamer420

The Rock's promo right after Austin left and the Rock unexpectedly returned was great.

Guest AM The Kid

"You took Hulk Hogan's blood and you built Titan Towers. You stole Bret Hart's dream and with that money you built a plane with WWF all over it...You stole Shawn Micheals smile, then took your company public and became a billionare."

That Paul Heyman promo was amazing but I have a ton of other favorites.

Guest bob_barron

It's on the new Rock DVD- and yea it kicks ass.

I also love Rock and Austin night after No Way Out.

"Get ready."

"Stay healthy"

Guest dreamer420

Austin and the Rock trying to ease the tension between themselves the Raw before Surivior Series was great too.

The duet of Margueritaville was one the funniest moments ever.

THE ROCK: How do you feel now?

STONE COLD: I feel like crap.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

"Do YOU, Hoak Hogan, want your ideas, your beliefs, to live forever? FOR HOAK HOGAN - in this normal world, PHYSICALLY! NONE OF US can live forever. But the place that you have taken the Hoakamaniacs - the ideas and the beliefs that you have given them -can live through me, Hoak Hogan... THAT IS WHY I BREATHE! That is why the warriors have come! Hoak Hogan, there are ones that question WHERE YOU ARE TAKING THEM! Do you no longer want to walk? OR STEP! Into that darkness... Hoak Hogan, the darkness I speak of is nothing to fear. It is about beliefs... of accepting any and all challenges at the cost of losing EVERYTHING, Hoak Hogan! YOU HAVE LIVED HOAK HOGAN FOR THE LAST FIVE WRESTLEMANIAS for this one belief. Now Hoak Hogan, I COME TO TAKE WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN further than you ever could! I came Hoak Hogan not to destroy the Hoakamaniacs and Hoakamania. I come Hoak Hogan to bring the warriors and Hoakamaniacs together as one. As we Hoak Hogan accept ALL THE CHALLENGES! With all the strengths of the Woah-Yahs and the Hoakamaniacs together, Hoak Hogan, the colors of the Hoakamaniacs ARE COMING THROUGH THE PORES OF MY SKIN! And Hoak Hogan, when we meet Hoak Hogan, I WILL LOOK AT YOU! And you will realize then that I have come to DO NO ONE NO HARM! But only Hoak Hogan to take what we both believe in, to places it SHALL NEVER HAVE BEEEEENNN!"

------------

"Now I am going to give the world my take on Russo, you see Russo, the way I see it, you are a skinny little Italian kid growing up in the Bronx. In New York, and your papa said like every young man in New York, you wanna be like Bruno Sammartino, the champion of the WWWF, and you said, Papa, I like Bruno, but he's a little too slow, and Papa said, you gotta be like Bruno Vinny, and you said papa Papa papa, Then daddy bought you cable, TBS, and one day your daddy heard you going PAPA PAPA, and Daddy ran in, horrified, and said TURN THAT OFF, and you said Papa, I wanna be JUST LIKE HIM, WHOOOOO! Your Papa said NO VINNY, YOU CAN'T BE LIKE THE NATURE BOY, YOU CAN'T STYLE AND PROFILE, YOU GOT NO MUSCLES VINNY, YOU GOT NO GIRLFRIENDS, You CAN'T be like the Nature Boy! WHOOOO! Oh Papa, please daddy, let me be like Ric Flair, no, no! I'm going to be like him some day! So NOW, it's all rolled around, you're a big skinny little punk with no muscles with a check book, and you think you've got the power to make people's lives come and go... So you walk in the door and write the checks, in reality you're just a kid who wants to be like the Nature Boy! You wanted to a kiss stealing wheeling dealing limo riding jet flying son of a gun who kissed all the girls in the neighborhood and made the cry. Instead you were a skinny little boy with no muscles, no girls, [and] you haven't got me."

-Ric Flair

Best... Promos... EVER.

Guest Jobber of the Week
The Rock's promo right after Austin left and the Rock unexpectedly returned was great.

The fact that they launched off Rock vs Brock in a non-televised promo immediately after that was amazing.

I wish they would have televised that bit, it was the highest point of the entire show.

Bret's promo a few weeks after WM13:

"I would like to apologize to all my fans in Germany, in South Africa, all over Asia, in Great Britain, all my fans Europe, in Austrialia and most of all, all of my fans in Canada. But all my fans in the United States can kiss my ass cause the US is one big toilet bowl waiting to get flushed."

That was an awesome promo.

Foley's after the fans chanted for Austin during DX v.2 beatdown.

Jake the Snakes promo right before This Tuesday in Texas and after he struck Elizabeth were things of beauty and chilling in every sense of the word.

And ofcourse Flair cut two really awesome ones, one after winning the Rumble and one after losing at WM8.

A lot more but those stand out.

Guest bob_barron

For the Hogans, the Undertakers, the Sids, the Macho Mans...

NOW IT'S RIC FLAIR'S TURN! And you all pay homage to the man.