TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest converge241

Fear Factory

Guest converge241

Boy this sucks, just find out today about Fear Factory disbanding.

One of my favorite bands and one of the best live bands I've ever scene.

Any fans wanna lament?

Guest swan

Been a fan since 93. Thank god I saw them live twice last year. I didn't really like the last albumn personally. Soul of a New Machine is one of the best death/extreme metal albums of all time, IMO. It was so damn raw with the samples mixed in. Way ahead of its time when it came out. Cool to hear we'll get one more never released album from 91 produced br Ross Robinson. That will be one raw SOB. They are also recording one last track for the new terminator ps2 game. RIP ff. Suffer bastard!!!

Guest CoreyLazarus416

**plays "Scapegoat" in memory**

Dammit, Robinson...WHY DID YOU MAKE SUCH A GOOD DEATH/INDUSTRIAL/EXTREME METAL BAND LIKE FEAR FACTORY AND TURN THEM INTO AGGRO?! FUCK ROADRUNNER!! THEY ARE THE ONES WHO ARE THE BALL-LICKERS!!!!

Guest Sassquatch

This is very sad.  I liked Fear Factory and thought that they could have done so much more.

So long guys.

Guest converge241

yes they are the ball lickers.

what killed them was they had this nice little following but the label wanted to get bigger and bigger hence we get "cars" pushed on all these radio stations that would never play them, and then they get booked on radio station festivals playing to audinces who are waiting to see green day or red hot chilli peppers and people hate them. The label should have been happy with the success they had in the band.

That killed em. I was unhappy with obsolete in general but Digimortal was so friggin' good. That was the true follow up to Demanufacture.

I saw them live three times but now i really wish i saw them on the Digimortal tour!

alhough that was kind of a sign that they were in a little trouble when they had to open for Papa Roach. when youre the established band who has to open for the hot young band , usually trouble comes along with it.

Fuck roadrunner. dropping Machine Head , now this.

Ill be playing Soul, Demanufacture, and Digimortal all weekend

Guest Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye

This is a bad deal. I came into FF around the time when "Replica" started to get some run(I think that is when a lot of fans got them), and they were so different and heavy, without going off into space. They had their own little place in Heavy Metal and they will be sorely missed for sure.

My favorite FF story:

Last summer I went to see them live for the first time in Calgary, they had Puya and Dry Kill Logic(amazing live). It was a club show with a small dance floor for the moshers. That motherfucker was a cyclone tight circle the entire night. The best part was taking a break from the ass kicking and looking up to see poor Burton with  the worst sun burn ever(with sunglasses outline) up there ripping it up. Good night followed 6 days later by Pan-fucking-tera live! that was a good weak for hearing loss.

Guest converge241

Canada does have some sick-ass fans.

I was in Montreal for my honeymoon and got to check out Dying Fetus

We dont get a lot of the bigger name bands in Canada much(except montreal, toronto, vancouver). We have a lot of pent up musical energy.

you went to see Dying Fetus on your HONEYMOON?

\m/:angry:\m/

Guest converge241

Me and the wife were in town for a few days and were at one of the strip clubs near that underground mall. The guys from Dying Fetus were at the strip club hanging out before the show so we went later. My wife hates that type of music but considering she likes to go to strip clubs, i guess its a fair trade off. we left Montreal the day after that and drove to Toronto , NY etc..

Guest Black Lushus

Fear Factory split up?  ah man, this saddnes me now!  now they were one kick ass group and one group it seems like almost everyone on this board agrees were good...

Guest One Bad Apple
Almost everyone.  They sounded the same as a million other bands to me.  Granted, I haven't heard too much, but what I have heard didn't interest me.

Guest Black Lushus

okay, one bad apple spoils the bunch! heh! ;)  (yeah yeah yeah i know that was corny! )

Personally bad apple, I think you have it backwards. Bands were imitating them. Seek out their catalogue, you'll see what i mean. Especially with all the bands that Demanufacture spawned. Very influencial album.